“Perfect Location, Perfect Facilities” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Villa Rotana - Dubai

Save Saved
You added Villa Rotana - Dubai to your Saves list
Villa Rotana - Dubai
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Sheikh Zayed Rd | next to Mazaya Centre, Dubai 118737, United Arab Emirates   |
Ranked #45 of 474 hotels in Dubai
Shah Alam, Malaysia
“Perfect Location, Perfect Facilities”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2009

I could have never asked for more. My spouse actually did some ‘research’ to find the best hotel with the right price for the four of us (2 adults and 2 small kids) and the reviews in TripAdvisor made us choose this hotel. We made the right decision. This hotel was just perfect for us. I wish we could have stayed longer than the 3 nights. It is a beautiful hotel indeed. The architectural is a combination of both the contemporary and classic designs. I loved the lighting effects on the external facade at night.
It is located along the Sheikh Zayed road. Not once did I have any problems with the taxi drivers to find it. The main thoroughfare is Sheikh Zayed road (a 6-lane highway to the uninitiated). This hotel and some others are actually located along the inner road of this highway and taxis are zooming along this inner road every other minute as I can recall. Stayed there for 3 nights and never once waited any longer than 2 minutes to wave down a taxi. All the taxis are metered. Cost us about Dhs13 to go to Dubai Mall. On our last day going to the airport it cost us about Dhs30. The hotel has a private transportation and the hotel bellman offered us the MPV at Dhs80 but we thought it was quite on a high side since when we first arrived, the rate from the airport to the hotel was only Dhs50; and that was an MPV too.
We arrived slightly later than 2 pm at the hotel and our room was not ready. The hotel staff told us that since we requested for a non-smoking room, they needed to housekeep a suitable one for us. I made my booking with one of the popular travel websites online. We were given a room facing the back (so I could not give any feedback of the often-quoted ‘noise’ from the busy Sheikh Zayed road). We were offered complimentary orange juices while waiting for our room to be ready, which I really appreciated.
The room was just to my liking, minimalist decor with the main wall remained not plastered (blocks). We stayed in a classic suite which has a kitchenette, bedroom, bathroom and living area. There is a large flat screen TV and the beautiful red reclining sofa you see on their website. The white sofa in the living area is just as comfortable. There is another small bathroom in the living room so you don’t need to rush to the main bathroom while enjoying your meal or watching TV. The two bathrooms really helped us especially when there are 2 small kids around. There is also another TV in the bedroom.
The kitchenette has all the utensils, pots, pans and the complimentary tea/coffee making facilities. My spouse actually managed to prepare some sandwiches and toast. A toaster and microwave were available. There was a washing/dryer machine with a complimentary detergent. In short, everything that you would ever need in a furnished apartment was there. The bathroom was nice, slightly narrow for 2 persons to pass but not too much of concerns.
The café opens up all the way to the roof and makes it feel large. Breakfast for my spouse and I was included in our package. The kids ate for free. They had a wide continental selection of dishes to choose from.
You could get your groceries nearby. There is a mini market at the back of the hotel next to a mosque. I never had to venture there to buy things but I would assume you could get any basic amenities and food supplies there. The store looks quite decent from our room. Our room faces the back parking spaces. It was always a treat for the kids to see the double-coach bus plying the street quite on a regular schedule. At one time, we even thought about taking the bus trip but it never materialized.
Next to the hotel are Dunkin Donuts and Coffee Beans (or was it Starbucks) in case you need to satisfy your cravings. A little further walk is Mazaya complex, which I think is a shopping complex although not as huge as Dubai Mall or the Emirates Mall.
On the rooftop is a beautiful outdoor swimming pool. I was told that the pool was temperature-controlled. We went there just to snap some photos. I did not have chance to swim there as we were always out and around checking Dubai city. In case you need to sweat it out, there is also a gym.
If you are really looking for a good place to stay with all the amenities and the right location, this is the perfect hotel. For the price that I paid, I could have never asked for more. The Burj Dubai is clearly visible from the main entrance (the fact is, it is practically visible from everywhere) but you could get the whole view to the top from here for that photo-op. For a closer view of this majestic tower, take a trip to Dubai Mall and check out one of the wings that takes you out to a breathtaking view of it.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family

305 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Turkish first
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2008

Very good hotel, we got upgraded to a suite from a studio and were very surprised with the immense size of the place. Large Plasma TV in the living room/kitchen with minimalist décor trimmings. The bedroom was very large with plenty of storage and a large amount of effort had been put into the lighting plan. The bathroom was excellent and the only thing missing was a hair dryer which was strange. Extremely good value, booked through booking.com. I would definitely recommend and challenge anyone to find a better hotel at this price in Dubai.

• Liked — The modern feel & size.
  • Disliked — The lack of bar facilities.
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Dubai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2008

After drab over priced dispiriting plastic box spaces, it's a joy to find a modern hotel with a twist. This has got to be one of the hidden gems of Dubai. If you like minimalism, exposed brick, halogen uplighting, hard surfaces without all the fluff, this is you kinda place.
Suitable for all creative types, designers and artists. Massive plasma TV, cool hot red lounger, magazines and good working desk. Hard wired net connection is a little slow, and wifi was patchy in the lobby, but bound to be sorted.
I was give an upgrade to a 1 bedroom unit at no extra charge. Staff were very friendly. Roof top pool is real nice too, with a great view out over the suburbs.
And on the other side, you're in the shadow of the mighty Burj, tallest building on the world.
Stay here if you want to be near downtown...and want some peace and quiet.
This is the middle of summer, and bargin options abound.

Stayed August 2008
Windsor, Ont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2008

This hotel is off the beaten path with not such a great view but the rooms are luxurious and comfortable. The lobby is interesting with pebbles beneath a glass floor. The pool is on the roof and very warm. Hard to cool off here. The breakfast was great. Really enjoyed this hotel. Not too much else to say about it.

• Liked — Great hotel, rooms and all
  • Disliked — Location, Wasn't really in walking distance of anything. No view
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Glasgow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2008

We stayed in Dubai for a three night stopover on our way back from Australia on route to Glasgow. I searched for days on the internet for a hotel that would sleep all of us (our two children were aged 2 and 1) for a reasonable price. I thought I must be reading the rate of the Villa Rotana Suites incorrectly as it was so reasonable, and the one bedroom suite suited our needs perfectly. I organised with the hotel for a car to collect us from the airport - it was easy and luxurious and not too expensive. We arrived at the hotel at 7 in the morning and I was fully expecting to have to wait until lunch time to check in, but after some breakfast at about 8.30am, we were in our suite which was modern and very large.
We used roomservice twice every night - once for the kids and then after they were asleep, for ourselves. It was ridiculously cheap. The kids meals were £2.50 with portions so generous the kids shared one meal. Our dinner was about £8.00 each for a main course. It seemed to be the same menu and the same price as dining in the restaurant downstairs. The quality was excellent as was the service.
On the first night I woke up at about 3am and thought "What's that noise"? only to discover that our wall to ceiling windows looked out over a huge foundation hole and the bulldozers were going full at it. They worked 8pm till 5am and did nothing in the day which is why I hadn't noticed. To be honest, the noise was minimal with our triple glazing and it had not woken me up - that was jetlag. Our 2 year old boy thought he was in heaven.
We made good use of the rooftop pool as the weather was perfect at about 30c and the lifeguard was very attentive when we were in with our children. We were able to have roomservice by the pool.
The location of the hotel is not so central as it is in the business district, but once the new metro is running it will be easy to get everywhere. There were lots of business guests and I felt a little self conscious with my noisy babies, but the staff were nothing but friendly and helpful.

• Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Dublin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2008

Having returned from a recent visit in Dubai after staying in the Villa Rotana Suites. I have mixed reviews on this hotel.....
Majority of the staff were really friendly and very helpful but I have to say that there were one or two that appeared bothered when asking questions. We also had one member of staff approach us each day to try and sell different excursions which became quite annoying.
The hotel itself is very nice and the rooms were immaculate and cleaned each day, pool area is very quiet as this is more of a business hotel. The breakfast buffet is very nice and the choice is great. The food from the room service is also very nice.
The hotel is a short taxi ride away from most things. The public beach is about 10 mins in a taxi. The hotel does not seem to be very well known and I experienced a few occasions of taxi drivers not knowing where to go and as a tourist could not give them directions!
Overall it was a good stay.

• Liked — The rooms were very nice and comfortable.
  • Disliked — No alcohol is served in this hotel.
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Barcelona, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2008

My fiance and I stayed here in Nov of 2007 for a quick trip to Dubai. We were in the executive suite. And in my opinion you cannot beat the price for the location and amenities. There are resorts on the "beach" but lets get real... who thinks the Persian Gulf is pretty? haha... I dont. So it wasnt about the beach. If you want to see a Beach go to Tulum Mexico, or Bora Bora.
The staff was VERY VERY pleasent and helpful. They let us check in early with no hassle and the bell hop was such a great guide. He gave us a great tips and let us onto a great safari tour. It was an awesome trip for what we spent. The food was VERY good and it came so very promt. I recomend the hummus and kabobs! Traditional Meia as it is called (or something like that) You WONT be dissapointed. I travel to some VERY spendy resorts world wide and I could not have been happier with the service and attitude and atmosphere of this Hotel.
They have a very catchy design to the very modern building. It is amazing and they can be very proud of what they have. It is in an awesome location in terms of its near most everything. The Ski Dubai Mall was cool, and you will be AMAZED at the growth of Sheik Zayhed Road! It is like out of a movie.
I hope you enjoy your stay there. We did! I Recomend the Executive suite it has a kitchen and laundry room to do your own laundry! See ya!

• Liked — The Price, and Service
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Villa Rotana - Dubai? Share your experiences!