“Disappointing” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #181 of 487 Hotels in Dubai
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

Our travel agent (Trailfinders) recommended this hotel and booked it three months in advance of our January stay. We paid £476 in advance for a standard room. We arrived to find a small room with a decent bathroom. Value for money? That depends on the comparators. Certainly by European standards this would be a 3 star hotel. Compared to a 5 star hotel we stayed in KL where we paid two thirds this amount for a wonderful suite this was very poor value. So totally overpriced by these comparisons. As others have noted the staff are highly variable: some excellent some surly and unhelpful. We tried to have a drink in the 8th floor terrace. Loud music was being played. No one else was there so we asked if the music could be turned down (we like to talk to each other). The waitress first said it wasn't loud, and then said it couldn't be turned down. They lost the only customers they had! There must be better value/quality hotels in Dubai.
Oh - the breakfast was excellent.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Francois G, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Dubai Media City, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Dear valuable guest,
Thank you for comments after your recent stay at our hotel.
I am sorry to hear that our product standards did not match with your expectations and your benchmark from other countries. The inconsistency of service you suffered does not reflect Radissonblu Dubai Media City normally high standards powered by our Yes I Can attitude.
You are right to point out the absurdity of playing loud music while the outlet was empty. i will review with the manager concerned the sound set ups.
Thank you to recognize the excellence of your breakfast. I will share your comment with Chef.
I hope to have you again as one of our guests in the not too distant future.
François

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Turkish first
Amman
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

I thank god that it was only one night stay in this hotel. I booked one room with two single bed, when I arrived the front desk said we don't have any twin bedroom available but if you insist we could put extra bed in your room, which I refused to accept especially that I made a call a week earlier to confirm my booking details.
Despite telling the reservation guy about this he just insisted that he can do nothing about it and I found myself in double bedroom 462 , which I found out that it's the room fitted for disabled guests!!
I called reservation manager who refused to move me to another room.
In the evening there was a girl on the front desk who promised to move me from this room and she did. Still in double bed room . We ordered dinner in room it was disastrous . We just moved tray out and went straight to sleep.
Pillows were so bad , so was the bed itself I had the worst night sleep ever
In a knot shell don't go there bad stuff bad rooms bad food.
No matter what price you would get just find another place.

Room Tip: Simply avoid the whole place
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Francois G, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Dubai Media City, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Dear Valuable Guest,
Every review we receive is highly invaluable for us. Having read your comments, I felt bad that we fell short in delivering an ultimate YES I CAN! experience to a valued guest like you. I deeply apologize if we missed to handle your initial request (for two single beds) with efficiency. I also apologize if you were not delighted with the food that was delivered to you and of our guestroom where you stayed in. Please be minded that any specific comments or suggestions you may have are most welcome. I respect your comments beyond doubt and we are sincerely looking forward to reinstate a good relationship with you. In all possibilities to recompense, please do not hesitate to write me an email at francois.galoisy@radissonblu.com. I hope that you will give us the last chance to prove the high quality of service which the Radisson Blu Hotel Dubai Media City is renowned to constantly deliver. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and we look forward to your next stay with us.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

Perfect location for visiting my office in Media City, 3 minute walk to work. About a 10 minute taxi ride to Mall of the Emirates. Good room service and breakfast. Also Icon bar is decent. Didn't get a chance to try out the other facilities, but will next time. Internet could have been faster, ironic considering the hotel is next to Internet City. Overall a good experience

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Dear Valuable Guest,
We will always remember your good commendation of the Radisson Blu Hotel Dubai Media City. This will blaze our desire to continually deliver an ultimate experience to our valued guest. I felt delighted knowing that you were comfortable with the location of our hotel due to its close proximity to your office and to most of the prominent places in Dubai. Regarding the internet speed, please be minded that this is an isolated case as this is not usual in our hotel. We will check for possible reasons why your supposedly speedy access gone slow. We will make sure this will not happen again. I hope it will not take long before you come and stay with us again. Thank you and see you then!
Milan, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

a high level, value for money hotel if you compare it with the same in the area but with business tariffs ( to be check how convenient is individually) . Nice room , clean same as bath with nice shower. Service is dependent on the behaviour of each employee which could vary. Raccomended for Business and for runners. Across the road there is a park with a 1 Km ring under the tree which i snot easy to find probably. Good italian restaurant to be in the desert (as italian I do not normally use them when abroad because alyways a mix of local flavour) .Nothing really around , 500 m from metro station which is good if not in summer !.No choice of pillow.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Dear Valuable Guest,
Thank you for such a heart-warming review of the Radisson Blu Hotel Dubai Media City. Your doubtless trust and confidence in our hotel will always be deeply appreciated. I am gladdened that you had a delightful stay with us and that you felt a good value for the amount you spent. We will keep a good note of every comment you have written and hope that you will have an even greater experience upon your next visit here in our hotel. Until then!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

The hotel is a good standard and clean with a good pool and roof top bar. It is located near the marina and a sky train station to access across Dubai including the airport, malls and the old town. You can purchase a day travel card for the sky train for about £3 a day. There are some good restaurants/café close to the hotel and a taxi from the airport costs about £15.00 on the meter, but non-metered taxi's are more expensive. The hotel offers late check out but you may need to push them to extend it.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Francois G, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Dubai Media City, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Dear Valuable Guest,
It is our endeavour to constantly deliver a unique “YES I CAN” experience to all our valued guests here in the Radisson Blu Hotel Dubai Media City. I am quite elated knowing that you were pleased with our hotel and the wide range of the facilities we offer. Sure there are many ways to go around Dubai – there’s the metro and the busses, the Dubai taxis and the hotel Lexus cars from an outsourced company. I hope it will not take you long before you pay a visit in our hotel again. Thank you and see you then!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel before and rated it higher - overall it is a pretty standard business hotel generally worth staying at if you need to be in Media or Internet city.

I have rated this stay based on my experience of some staff being less "YES I CAN" and actually being more "NO you/we can't ".

Having stayed here before I was aware of the ridiculously loud bar that is on the roof of the far tower. When I checked in I specifically requested a room in the tower where reception is located. I was refused because my reservation was for a standard room (apparently all standard rooms are in the far tower). I was then told by the lady that checked me in that the bar didn't make noise anymore which I asked her to guarantee - she did (a lie). I actually thought given the number of complaints it attracted on my previous stay they must have removed it, which made sense.

Needless to say - Thursday night arrives and I was woken by the huge baseline of music echoing around the tower. I called reception who told me it would be finishing soon - at midnight ( a lie!) when put through to someone else was immediately told it would go on till 1am.

The basic requirement of any hotel is to provide an environment where it's guests can sleep. Radisson Blu Media City for some reason will not provide that.

Having experienced this twice now, I would certainly not stay here again, and will instead choose Media One just down the road. Whose rooms are the same size as Radisson standard rooms - but nicer, newer and better equipped as well as cheaper.

This is clearly a known problem to the hotel who immediately offer a room rate reduction as standard when guests raise this complaint - but the manager really needs pay attention and turn the volume down or close the offending club. Radisson is after all a chain of hotels NOT nightclubs.

So Mr Manager - given your motto appears to be 'YES I CAN'.... Will you turn the music down and let your 'standard room' guests sleep at night ????

• Stayed January 2014
Francois G, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Dubai Media City, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Dear Valuable Guest,
It is with all sincerity that I am extending to you our deepest apologies. I do understand the prejudice we have caused and we completely respect your comments beyond doubt. I felt contrite that we failed to deliver the unique experience that we constantly give our valued guests.
Though you have stayed with us twice under the same circumstances, I still give my assurance that this is not the standard of our otherwise high credible service.
During your stay with us, there was a private event in the hotel and the organizer unacceptably disregarded his contractual obligations towards the hotel (timings and sound volume control). We suffered a breach in our relationship with this client. It prompted us to discontinue accepting business from this source.
In our eagerness to restitute our shortcomings, please feel free to write me an email at francois.galoisy@radissonblu.com. I will be more than glad to personally hear from you how we would be able to redeem our good relationship with you. Thank you and I will await your email.
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

I stayed at this hotel as a business visitor in December 2013.
Pros:
a. great location. diagonally opposite my place of work in Dubai Internet City and very easy accessible to other places. I walked to office every day.
b. loved the breakfast spread - wide variety of choices including ABF, Indian and Mediterranean.
c. rooms classy, though a bit small for my taste.
Cons:
a. two separate towers and if you got young kids and no strollers, it may be an issue to walk between the two towers. They are well connected though.

The reception area was somewhat small - actually I expected more grandeur given the Radisson brand. Overall - great hotel and would love to stay again.

Room Tip: go for tower 1
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valuable Guest,
I am delighted upon reading your good commendation of our hotel location due to its close proximity to most of the prominent places and business hubs of Dubai and your assuaging feedback about our wide choices of delectable food menus. Rest assured that all your comments are very well noted. Thank you for trusting the Radisson Blu Hotel Dubai Media City and we will await your soon next stay with us!

Been to Radisson Blu Hotel, Dubai Media City? Share your experiences!