“Perfectly good typical business hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #175 of 499 Hotels in Dubai
London, United Kingdom
“Perfectly good typical business hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 7 nights in Sept 2013.

The hotel is old by Dubai standards - and absolutely satisfactory. Staff friendly and efficient. Pretty good value for money - and well located for me. I would definitely stay again when on business but be very disappointed if staying here for a holiday, but that's not what this hotel is for.

Staff good - but was subject to a full on sales pitch at check-in .... Executive room upgrade offered at AED 250 per night! Must be joking - not at all worth it.

Be careful if you are staying over a UAE weekend to not stay in the far tower from reception. They have an extremely loud night club on the roof - the sounds penetrates that tower. It is not uncommon for people to realise this too late and then change rooms in the early hours.

Other thank this - all ok.

• Stayed September 2013
Francois G, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Dubai Media City, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Dear Mr. Andrew,
Your good review of our hotel is highly appreciated. Thank you for the overall acclamation of our hotel. On the other hand, please allow me to apologize if it was not at all convenient for you to be advised of our upgrade offers. I will have our Front Office Manager made known of your comment. I sincerely understand your feedback about the noise coming from our Tamanya, but please allow me to assure you that we are taking serious measures to tackle this issue and we now have more advance sound system and sound meters in place. If by any chance you will be faced with such uneasiness in our hotel on your next stay, please make us aware without any hesitations. I hope to have you back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Turkish first
Cincinnati, OH & London UK
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

It does what it says on the tin - if you're here on business in this part of the city then you should know what you're getting. The hotel is very functional, no great amenities, but is convenient for media city. The business lounge is perhaps one of the most soulless places on Earth, but the rooftop bar is ok for a quick relax after work.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Francois G, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Dubai Media City, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear Valuable Guest,
We treat all the reviews that we receive highly invaluable, and in our endeavour to deliver a high class and a high quality service, we are always remain open for every feedback you may have. As I respect your comment about our Business Class Lounge and our hotel overall, and although our hotel is designed to perfectly fit business travellers, please let us know in which area have we fallen short of so we may work on it to improve more our service. On the other hand, I am somehow appeased to know that you find our rooftop bar Tamanya a relaxing place for you. I hope that you will continuously trust our hotel. Thank you and have a nice day ahead.
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I have stayed here multiple times this year - almost a total of 18 days. Always stayed in the Business class room.

Room:
Room is big and neat. Wish the TV was a bit bigger and better. Aminities are decent quality. Access to the executive class lounge is a bonus - nice place to wind down after a long days work.

Breakfast:
A decent selection but I got bored of the food after a while - dont know why. Also, some days I saw flies around the bread section.

Overall, this hotel is decent but if you get a deal on the rooms, then nothing like it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valuable Guest,
I am glad that you appreciated our guestroom and amenities and that you have taken delight of our Business Class Lounge. For the TV, I am happy to inform you that since August of this year, we have already replaced our old 27’ to 37’ brand new LED TVs. About the breakfast, please do know that we are open for your comments/suggestions as we are always entrenched to achieve 100% guest satisfaction and I would like to stress that we are now investing on a higher grade pest control company to ensure that the unpleasant insects in the hotel are completely eradicated. Thank you for your continuous trust in our hotel and we will always look forward to welcome you again and again!
UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

Having stayed at Radisons all over the world on business and leisure, I was highly dissapointed when I stayed for 2 nights on 7th Sept at Media City. I had 2 seprtate bookings for 2 consecutive nights and during check in I specifically requested that I did NOT want to change rooms and preferred to stay in the same room both nights. I was reassured that's not a problem and all I was required to do was get a new key card for the 2nd day but I can remain in the same room. So I left all my belongings in the room as well as passports / money in the safe and also requested not to be disturbed as I did NOT want the room cleaned. Following day after all my meetings, I went into reception and asked for a new key card as advised during check which I promptly got. I was dissapointed to see that my room had been cleaned without my approval and more worryingly the safe was reset and left open as though another guest was checking in. Just as well nothing was missing!

When I tried complaining at front desk they said I could email my feedback once I received the standard Radison email which has till today not arrived. But they did say as I had 2 seprtate bookings I could not keep the room for 2 full days and would be treated as 2 check ins and 2 check outs - bizzare !!!

Really dissapointed and lost confidence in Radison which is a shame as I have never previously had issues.

• Stayed September 2013
Francois G, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Dubai Media City, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear Mr. Sajjad,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on trip advisor following your recent stay in Radisson Blu Hotel, Dubai Media City. I hope that you had a pleasant return journey.
Your invaluable feedback is important to ensure that we continually deliver the ultimate experience our hotel is renowned for and exceed your expectations for future visits. At this time, I was concerned to read that we did not meet some of your expectations due to your mishandled request of not to change your room. As I have investigated, the two bookings made via two different agencies resulted in multiple check-ins which automatically lead to re-activation of another room key. Albeit the reason I gave, I sincerely admit that we have fallen short in handling your request properly. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. To alleviate your worries about the safety deposit box being opened, please do know that the safety box once closed can only be opened with a palmtop device which remains in the custody of the security only hence the safety box in your room was opened in the presence of our Security Personnel.
I have personally passed on your disappointments and concerns to our Front Office Manager in order to review the procedures and to provide further coaching in delivering our luxury service standards to our valued guests.
I do hope that you may still reconsider returning to Radisson Blu Hotel, Dubai Media City so we may in some way regain your confidence and trust. We would indeed look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back.
Fleet, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I spent 5 days (4 nights) at this hotel - and enjoyed every one of them. Convenient location - as mentioned by other reviewers, only 30 minutes (with decent traffic!) from the airport - and only 15 minutes from the core downtown areas of Dubai. If you want to go explore - the Palm Jameirah, etc. is all in easy reach.

The standard room is one of the nicest rooms I've stayed in for the price paid - the Value-to-Price ratio is very good! Comfortable, nicely decorated, good bathroom, good facilities. Wifi reliable (and free if you are a resident!) and a pretty decent choice of TV channels - a nice surprise. Air Conditioning - vital, but easy to control....

Breakfast & meal services were nice and with plenty of choice - all tastes catered for - recommend trying some of the local breads - very nice and fresh.

Pleasant staff - all very polite - from front desk to back office - with particular comment to the business services staff - excellent customer care & service - nothing too much a problem (we ran a two day workshop in the hotel and they looked after us like 'family')

All in all - a very good experience. I'd recommend it - for business travelers particularly. If you're travelling as a family, you may find more cost-effective locations nearer the city centre - but the Radisson Blu would be a decent option. If I have to return to Dubai to work (and I hope that I do!) then I will be looking to come back to this hotel.

Room Tip: Floors nearer the top of the building (I stayed on 7th floor) is nearer the two bars - loud(ish) mus...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mr. Will,
We are always emboldened upon receiving such great feedback from our valuable guests. Thank you for your deep appreciation of our hotel – the hotel’s physical location, features of the standard room where you stayed in plus the facilities in it, the wireless internet access, TV channels, food menus, affable staff and your overall stay in our hotel. I am glad to know that you have felt a good value for your money spent. Please trust that we will always be enlivened to achieve our goal of 100% guest satisfaction because of your continuous trust. We hope to have you back in our hotel soon!
Amman, Jordan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Decent business hotel with all necessary facilities for meetings / business events ca. 30 min drive from the airport.

Ended up paying for four nights (originally booked but the booking was changed prior to my arrival) instead of the one I spent there (+ early check-in) with the explanation that mine was a special rate (as in: we give you a discount, but you pay for three nights that you were not here). Pity the receptionist did not say anything when I was checking in and confirmed that I’d be staying one night only.

The short then: if you’re coming for a holiday / family outing, this is not the place (plenty of comparable options available closer to the centre). If you’re planning a business meeting / workshop, the Media City R-Blu is worth considering, just make sure that you have a common understanding of what you should pay for.

Me? I’ll stay out either way - if there’s one thing I really dislike, it’s checkout surprises.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Francois G, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Dubai Media City, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
Dear Valuable Guest,
I respect your comments beyond doubt and we are contrite that with all certainty you have felt such uneasiness about the booking policy but just to somehow clarify, the booking that you had with us is under a group rate deal wherein cancellations and any amendments are fully charged as per terms and conditions. In spite of your choice not to stay in the hotel again, we still hope for a chance to restitute your disappointments about our hotel. Please do know that we will always be glad to welcome you in our hotel. Thank you.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

The slogan of this hotel is 100% guest satisfaction and the management doesn't know any basics of such a word,
There housekeeper destroyed my laptop screen ( accidentally I am sure ) during my stay! but when I claimed to the management they act with extreme careless as if they are not responsible for any thing could happen to my stuff in the room and there people are perfect and we don't care !!!!!!

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Francois G, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Dubai Media City, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear Mr. Samwel,

I feel deeply contrite that you have felt such dissatisfaction of our service. I do feel and consider the inconvenience that the incident brought you. Please be minded that we have made an extensive investigation of what happened to your laptop since the time you brought the concern to our attention. With the help of our CCTV cameras, we were able to identify our staff who serviced your room and did extensive interrogation of them to substantiate our response to your concern. We did consider as well the time and the duration taken by each employee who entered your room. Result is, no evidence was found of staff causing the damage. We had our IT Manager extremely sifted your laptop to assess any other internal and external damage aside from the broken screen but he had found no deposition of a laptop that has fell down and hit the ground. In each of our guestrooms, we have provided a safety box in favor of our guests for the reason that the hotel is not liable for valuable items left in our guestrooms. Albeit the result and conclusions of the incident, considering our relationship with you as our valuable guest and in a gesture of goodwill, we will compensate the cost it will take to repair the damaged screen of your laptop. Please send us the copy of the invoice should you send it to electronics store for repair. But we will consider also if you want to send the laptop to us and allow us to send it for refurbish. With certainty I assure you that this is a very confined case and we hope that you will still consider staying with us. Thank you.

Been to Radisson Blu Hotel, Dubai Media City? Share your experiences!