“Very nice stay... highly recommendable...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hallmark Hotel

You added Hallmark Hotel to your Saves list
Hallmark Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Al Rigga Road | P.O.Box : 64264, Dubai, United Arab Emirates   |
Ranked #359 of 499 Hotels in Dubai
Kabul, Afghanistan
“Very nice stay... highly recommendable...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

I would like to thank all the staff of Hallmark Hotel (Deira, Dubai) for their friendly attention. From the reception, to housekeepers, waiters, etc. all of them provide us a high sense of hospitality and service. This Hotel is located at about 200 meters from Al Rigga metro station and I recommend it to any traveller who want to take advantage of this mean of transport to enjoy Dubai.

Room Tip: This Hotel has not disco. So, in any room you can have a nice and peasant sleep.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Turkish first
Ste-Maxime, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

We just had a very pleasant journey to Dubai and stay at Hallmark Hotel Al Rigga. The Staff were very kind (especially with my 2 year old child) and very helpful. They tried everything to make us happy. The hotel is clean and smells good orientals flowers. the standard is ok for a short stay. The rooftop pool is good enough and clean. It´s quite far to the "real Dubai center" so we had to take a cab which was not too expensive (25-35 DHS one way depending on the traffic) No special problems to find the hotel if you have the adresse.. ;) Eatable breakfast, but not the best. I do recommend this hotel ! :)

Room Tip: You got enough for the price ! ;)
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Sofia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

Me and my fiance were in this hotel in November 2011. We stayed in a deluxe room which was beautifully furnished. It was clean and quiet. Nice place to relax after all day wandering the city. Staff was very kind and helpful. The rooftop pool was big enough and clean. Everything was fine except for one thing - my new mascara disappeared. Strange but true.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Tehran
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

I've stayed there for 6 days in summer 2006.
A small with low accomodation and services.The staff and the manager was rude and didn't help us.
We decided to go to the sea on monday & we did not know that is the women's day in Dubai!!!! and forbidden for men. after we came back to the hotel (we and other passengers were about 20 persons) we talked about it to the manager and he didn't accept the transportation money.He said you had toi wait for the bus till 14:00 o'clock ( We came back around 10:00 & you imagine the summer of Dubai under the hot shining sun!)
The rooms are good and clean.The food are fair enough. The taxi drivers don't know the name of the hotel and we had a lot of problems to find it. The view of the hotel is terrible and the pool on the roof is ridiculous.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Tehr
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2012

They prefer die to give services. Bad attitude. My linens were not changed during my three day stay. The reception were unfriendly.
Do not recomend

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2011

The Hallmark was booked spur of the moment when I missed my flight out of Dubai last week. I was perusing on my iPod in the Dubai airport using the Agoda Hotel app for three-star hotels near the airport. I spotted Hallmark, a quick ride down the Dubai metro’s red line “Al-Fahidi” stop. I wasn’t looking for anything fancy, just a place to lay my head. Great, I have a place to stay for the night.

Well, the problems started right after I got there.

- Check-in. With Agoda, the terms and conditions state that you should print out the voucher to give to the hotel reception upon check in. Well, being that I booked this at the airport on an iPod, I did not have this on me. However, I have never had to present this paper voucher ever. Well, I was not too happy to have the hotel clerk tell me that I would have to use the lobby computers to get a printout of the voucher. I am hot and sweaty, and badly in need of a shower. Last thing I wanted to do was hunt down a voucher for the hotel clerk. Ok, so I am supposed to do this beforehand, but how could I have? I was not too impressed.

- In the room, you must flip a switch to turn on the hot water heater. Or, you will not have hot water. Would have been nice if they had told me that. In all the hotels I have stayed in during this lifetime, I have never seen this. Fine, but couldn’t there be a sign in the bathroom about this, or at least have the reception tell me? So my first shower was lukewarm. I complained, and then they told me about the switch. I turn it on. I got for a workout. But guess what? Still no hot water. I complain again, and they say they will send someone to the room to fix it, but I tell them not to bother…it was a moot point by then.

- Internet. It mentions on Agoda there is free Wi-Fi. Well, it is free for the first hour. Then, I was told by the reception it would be 100 AED (about $30) to have it for the day. Outrageous. Later, another clerk told me the cost would be 20 AED per hour. So, some inconsistency in the answer I got which tells me the staff is not trained too well. To top it all off, I was staying on the fifth floor, and Wi-Fi did not happen to be working there. So I had to plug in to use my computer. I complained, and in response, I got two free hours of “wired” internet access. Internet is ubiquitous enough these days that it should be included. It would be just as outrageous to charge for hot water in the room too….but maybe I forgot to pay for that as an extra too???

- Music in the hallway. The non-lobby areas play elevator music which can be heard in the room when you are trying to sleep. I noticed this after bedding down for the night. Called reception. Took about 20 minutes to get a fix. Remember the scene in Airplane 2 with people cupping their ears as they entered and exited the elevator? It was kind of like that.

Other than these problems, the hotel was actually an excellent value. There is an exercise room that is better than average (with free weights), a pool, sauna (very hot too…a nice surprise…but watch for exposed screws that could burn you), and a steam room (was not working, probably could not get water hot enough!). The bed was comfy, climate controls just fine. Good restaurants nearby and on premises. All in all, if you don’t care to use the Internet much, are a sound sleeper, and don’t mind a lukewarm shower, and have the ability to print out your hotel vouchers ahead of time, then this place is very good.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Tehran, Iran
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2011

I'm not sure if this hotel should be 4 !!! there was not any transfer to the hotel, we paid the taxi ourselves. we were there at 1pm , they asked to have lunch and then they would check in!!! then at 3 pm they suggest( after we were shouting at them) to rest in one of the rooms and after half an hour we can have the other ... we were 4 and we sleep in one room with twin bed... our reservation was 2 room with king bed!!! at 5:30 we check in to the other room . the rooms was awful dirty ... the services wasn't clean..there is an empty mini bar in the room and 2 not cold water !!! one of the rooms has tea kettle and mugs the other don't!!! we asked for wi-fi in the room and got the password... there wasn't any wi-fi or cable in the room but we have charged because of the password. the breakfast was worst in the hotels that i have been ... the bread was old there was few choices with worst quality. the lunch was better than the breakfast! the reception was so stupid and we didn't got any helpful act! they asked us to wait for taxi ... when the car came it wasn't taxi and he charged us 100 DHm for 55DHm !!! the last day for 14 people with lots of baggages there was a van with 10 room and no baggage room... we had wait for 45 minute in the street for a larger car!!! and we were so late for the flight!!!! it wasn't a 4* hotel i guess, because i went to City season 4* it was great and Ibn battuta 5* that was gorgeous !!!

Room Tip: Do Not choose this hotel!!!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Hallmark Hotel? Share your experiences!