“Best sushi in town” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Katsuya by Starck

Katsuya by Starck
Dubai Mall | Level 1 at the Fashion Avenue, Dubai 00000, United Arab Emirates (Downtown Dubai)
+(971)04315 3635
Neighborhood: Downtown Dubai
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Best sushi in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

My go-to place for sushi. Appetizers excellent and the sushi selection is wonderful. Staff are nice too. The location would be better suited in souk Al Bahar or a top hotel instead of the mall, but great nonetheless

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

London, United Kingdom
“Pretty good sushi, ok service, bad soup”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

So I went with my sis here during Ramadan, the sushi was pretty good, got some maki standards, rainbow or some sort, and also salmon sashimi among others, I guess I'm a junk food sushi eater at heart, makis and salmon! Anyways, the waiter was pretty ok, knew the menu pretty well and helped us with what we needed. The atmosphere is pretty nice, I love the lanterns they had, some sort of samurai lanterns. Also they had like diner booths to dine in, I liked that design, gave us seating space. All around good place for sushi, not too pricey. My sister had some soup, miso i believe, she didn't like it at all and didnt even eat it, they still charged us for that though.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sweden
“Perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

Ate at the Katsuya in Dubai mall. The stuff welcomed us warmly. We said that we wanted to sit outside because of the view and it was no problem! Got a stunning view over the fountain and Burj Khalifa. The sushi was perfect. Hamburger a bit of a too small portion. Nuddles were really good. Drinks perfect nothing to complain about. Good food, good view and a absolutly lovely staff.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Warwick
“Great food and view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

The food is great, but can be a little expensive. In my opinion, it was worth it.
The views of the fountain is exceptional, so ask for outside seating

Visited August 2014
“Bad Experience With Dubai Branch”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

like to share my experience with Katsuya Dubai . the quality of food sucks I donot why a big restaurant like that it is using a bad Kind of beef the lobster dynamite and the pricy chewy beef was not even close to quality we tried in USA
In USA I am enjoying dinning in Katsuya so I invited my 6 family members for dinning in a couple of days ago The atmosphere and view is great we started with Salad everything was really nice view and the place was good and the staff was Friendly and we were enjoying the first comments of my family it was extremely nice but when the main dishes come I really disappointed and I didn't want to share it with my family to let them enjoy but I am shocked when they are also start complaining about the beef Burger and tenderloin steak (chewy and no flavor also)

It was really bad experience as I used to visit this restaurant in USA but big difference in Beef

they should take care about their food otherwise they aren't gonna succeed in Dubai

• Visited August 2014