We first stayed at the PTC in 2003 and decided to return again after having tried quite a few other hotels in Dubai. The hotel has not changed much since our last visit and the rooms are still excellent and it was nice to have a room it's size.
The PTC is quite busy as the JA Golf resort is closed for refurbishment and all their guests are being given rooms at PTC.
We arrived at check in around 12 noon and it was fast and efficient with cold drink supplied
Our room number 476 was on the ground floor and as such we had a wonderful patio area and the sun loungers are still great and very thick, these are removed and stowed away each night and returned again in the morning The room also had a welcome fruit pack and a bottle of wine, fruit. Breakfast in the buffet restaurant was good with no queus to speak of but if you arrived around 09.00 it was a bit busier then. It was a different matter at night when it did get quite hectic but we never had to wait any more than 5 minutes to be seated, again this is dute to the Golf resrt being shut. The hotel I believe should have a more stricter dress policy at night in the buffet restaurant as it seemed to be anything goes ( even saw some with vest tops and beach shorts). The buffet itself had an excellent choice and each night was a different theme, ranging from Asian Indian Italian etc. The other restaurants were a lot more stricter and did enforce their policy of smart casuual attire, Shooters once again provided us with an excellent meal.
6 of us went over for a round of clay and pistol shooting and a meal afterwards. An allowance of 160 dirhams pp is given to anyone not eating their meal at the buffet and this brings the cost of the meals down.
The poolside was quite busy but the grassed area and the beach was almost deserted,we later discovered that the Golf resort pool and grounds were still open and sunbeds were more than plentiful in this area.
The rooms were well serviced by the staff and on the evening turn down (around 7pm) the ice bucket was filled as well.
The new monorail is being built at present as is an extension to the hotel but there was NO noise coming from any of it, in fact the peacocks were noiser. The price of beer is on par with most other hotels in Dubai.
The only fault with it is the location as it is very far out but the shuttle bus helps solve that problem and really if anyone does complain about how far out it is then they should do their homework first.
On or last day we did have a bit of a glitch, we wer getting picked up at 06.45 and went for breakfast at 06.00 as per hotels advertised opening time. The breakfast food was all out and ready except that the omelette chef decided he did not start till 06.30 I wonder who boiled the eggs and made all the other food then but I would not let this put me off in any way.
To sum up I would go back tomorrow, loved the rooms, enjoyed the quitness and even more the ample area of the grounds and in fact this hotel does give excellent value for money.
For anyone going here a tip might be to fly with Etihad to Abu Dhabi as it could work out cheaper and is maybe slightly nearer than it is to Dubai.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The luxurious Palm Tree Court & Spa (a member of 'The Leading Hotels of the World') is situated within the award-winning Jebel Ali Golf Resort & Spa. A stunning palm-lined private beach and three swimming pools are just steps away from the suites and junior suites, surrounded by lush gardens, waterfalls and fish-filled streams. A championship 9-hole golf course, academy, spa, restaurants, bars, kids club, deep-sea fishing trips and horse riding can also be enjoyed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Otel, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Expedia, Despegar.com, Agoda and Venere so you can book your JA Palm Tree Court reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jebel Ali Palm Tree Court Hotel Dubai
- Jebel Ali Palm Tree Court And Spa
- Palm Tree Court Dubai