“Great but 1 thing !” 4 of 5 stars
Review of JA Palm Tree Court

You added JA Palm Tree Court to your Saves list
JA Palm Tree Court
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Tariq Bin Ziyad Rd | PO Box 9255, Dubai, United Arab Emirates   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
10% off room rate
Ranked #11 of 514 Hotels in Dubai
London
“Great but 1 thing !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Stayed at the Palm Tree Court on the 17th July. Had a great time, resort is lovely, lots of sun loungers and pools. The food was excellent and the staff were very helpful and attentive.

A couple of things that I wasnt happy about;

Shooters Restaurant: We were all inclusive and I saw that there was steak on the menu. I asked the waiter what sides it came with and he said I had to pay for the sides. To me thats unnaceltable. I already paid to eat and drink as much as I wanted within reason, and I felt a little cheated. If i hadnt asked I would have been given a piece of Rump steak on its own !

Also try and stay in suites with lower numbers e.g 3,4&5. I was in block 7 and due to the heat I had to call for a buggy to and from throughout my stay.

• Stayed July 2014
Yasser M, Hotel Manager at JA Palm Tree Court, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Dear Kellyvnh,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Palm Tree Court.

It was great pleasure to read your review and I was happy to see that you indeed had a great time with us. I do appreciate your kind words about the resort which you have kindly mentioned was lovely, the food which you found to be excellent as well as the service that you received from my entire team who looked after you, whom you felt were very helpful and attentive. I will definitely ensure that your compliments are passed on to them.

I was also disappointed to read that you were not satisfied with the All Inclusive package available at the hotel. We do offer this package to all our interested guests together with a letter and full information available through our Front Office agents prior to availing the offer; however, I would like to apologise if this information was not clearly explained to you. Should you wish to discuss this further please don’t hesitate to contact me directly at Generalmanager.jagr@jaresorts.com and I will be more than happy to assist you.

Once again, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back to JA Palm Tree Court in the near future.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (333)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Dublin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

This was our second stay at Palm Tree Court and this time it was during Ramadan. We were travelling with two very young children and anyone with concerns about visiting the UAE during Ramadan should note that the only restrictions that apply within Palm Tree Court relate to the consumption of alcohol and live entertainment. On this basis we didn't find that it impacted on our stay within PTC at all, but it is important to note that restrictions do apply outside the resort and you need to dismiss any idea of eating or drinking during daylight hours outside the resort! (Exceptions apply to children).
In terms of Palm Tree Court, we again enjoyed our stay. I would definitely recommend this resort to families and any couples who want to chill. It is a fair way out of Dubai, but the reality is that there is little to do in Dubai outside of shopping and water parks and as other reviewers have confirmed there is a reliable and free shuttle service provided daily by the hotel to the main malls and water parks. Taxis are plentiful and relatively cheap by European standards. (About 25euro one way to the airport - about 45 minutes although we got there in 25 minutes as the driver did in excess of 150kms/hour along the Sheikh Zayed Rd - eek!!!)
The rooms are very spacious and can comfortably accommodate two adults and two young children. We paid a little extra to ensure we had a ground floor junior suite and if we return would do this again as its easier with young kids. The rooms were well serviced during our stay. We had a couple of issues we non draining sinks and with the DVD player. The former I wouldn't expect in a resort of this standard. I had requested prior to the stay that the mini bar was emptied to accommodate food and medicines for a young child, unfortunately this was overlooked, which isn't a big problem but did cause some confusion at check out as when staff subsequently emptied the mini bar it wasn't noted on the 'system'.
The check in process which I wasn't happy with last time was better, with the exception of an angry customer complaining about intimidation by members of staff. Clearly I can't nor do I wish to verify the validity of the assertions, but it did create a negative atmosphere which was unfortunate.
The grounds and pools of the resort continue to be well maintained and landscaped. Breakfast was of a high standard and service at breakfast was excellent. The real stars of the hotel are the lads who meet you on arrival / departure and will whisk you around the resort in a golf buggy. They work hard in very hot temperatures and I can't commend them enough. I should have noted their names, but one in particular for the general manager has 'and I love my wife' on his badge!
Overall a very enjoyable stay. The resort is great, not perfect, but I would recommend. Dubai itself as a stopover or a destination is something that you need to think about - the temperatures are pretty hostile in July and there isn't in our minds a lot to do and see. Having said that, that may suit as the pools and facilities at PTC can keep you occupied!

Room Tip: If you have very young children or mobility issues, consider a ground floor suite.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Yasser M, General Manager at JA Palm Tree Court, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Dear JTravellerDublin,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at JA Palm Tree Court.

At the resort, we ensure that we over deliver on all areas as we continue to work collectively to achieve our common goals by understanding all our guests needs. As a returning guest to the resort, I was glad to know that you had an enjoyable stay with us once again, and I was also happy to know that you will visit us again on your next holiday. I would like to thank you for your kind words with regards to the resort and its facilities and I can also assure you that an endless array of words can be summoned to describe the modern appeal of the JA Palm Tree Court accommodation.

I have noted your comments with regards to some areas of your stay and I truly appreciate you taking the time to offer you’re your valuable feedback. Please rest assured that your comments has been discussed and shared with the management team.

We also embrace the importance of recognising our associate’s success, and I appreciate your kind words about my entire team. I will ensure that your compliments are passed on to them.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

My family and I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights to break up the journey home from our main stay in Sri Lanka. We all absolutely loved Dubai and this hotel was excellent. We had two ground floor rooms which were very well appointed and extremely comfortable. The service in the hotel was fantastic and the housekeeping and grounds were immaculate. We will definitely return to this hotel and just wished we could have stayed another few days.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Chris S,

I was delighted to read through your very positive review and I was equally happy to know that you would return again in the future. Please allow me to thank you for your kind words about the hotel which you have kindly mentioned was excellent, the rooms which you found to be well appointed and extremely comfortable, as well as the hotel grounds which you felt was immaculate. I was also proud of my entire team who looked after you and managed to give you a heartfelt service. I will definitely ensure that your remarks are passed on to them.

I look forward to having the pleasure of personally welcoming you back to JA Palm Tree Court in the future, and once again thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

Portsmouth, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

My family and i have just been to stay at the JA Palm tree court hotel in dubai it was really lovely the staff were all very kind and smartly dressed. The food was good and the drinks were all proper spirits and soft drinks were in cans. Good selection for all inclusive.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are the best to book .
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Yasser M, Hotel Manager at JA Palm Tree Court, responded to this review, July 20, 2014
Dear Christine p,

I was happy to know that you had a lovely stay with us. Please allow me to thank you for your kind words with regards to the resort and its facilities, the food and beverage served in our very own restaurants which you found to be good, as well as the All Inclusive package which you have enjoyed.

We also embrace the importance of recognising our associate’s success, and I appreciate your kind words about my entire team, whom you felt were very kind and well groomed. I will ensure that your compliments are passed on to them.

Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

ok, so first off...location is poor, it is about 50 mins outside Dubai and will set you back about AED120 from airport when you arrive (€25)...however, this is not an issue for a few reasons. firstly,if you want to get out of the complex and into Dubai they offer daily free shuttle busses to atlantis hotel waterpark, dubai mall, mall of emirates etc so you can easily get into and out of dubai (buses take about 1 hr depending on where you go)

the complex has lots of things to do and many restaurants and ample room at the pool and beach for their guests, i also love the fact that if people leave towels on sun beds to secure,the staff remove them after an hour if they are unattended, not that it is necessary as between the pools and the beach there is enough room for everyone.

We went AI and the food is of a very high standard and there is lots of variety across the many restaurants. the complementary spa treatments and activities are welcome distraction to the sun, which is very hot at this time of year. Staff are equipped with golf buggies to drive you around the resort if required.

we went during the world cup and the sports bar had an outside viewing area and lots of air conditioning units to help make it more comfortable

we went during ramadan and whilst the hotel does not serve alcohol until 8pm soft drinks and food were available throughout the day

the big thing for me which made the staff so good was how good the staff were, constantly ensuring you have everything you need for a great staff and they were so attentive and interactive with the kids. they really are a credit to the hotel and make the stay very enjoyable.

this is a perfect hotel for families and couples who are not into nightlife...if you are looking for clubs and music then this is not the place for you, but if you are looking for an oasis of calm and tranquility then the Palm Tree Court is a good choice.

Room Tip: try and get a beach front apartment
Dear dolalu,

At the resort, we foster an environment that encourages ideas and creativity to making a difference, and creating memorable experiences for all our guests. It was lovely to read your positive review and to know that you had an enjoyable stay with us.

It was nice to read your detailed review and to know that you had perfect stay with us. I would like to thank you equally with regards to the resort and its facilities, the pool and beach area which you have enjoyed, the food served in all the restaurants which you have highly rated, the All Inclusive package which you value, as well as the available activities which you found to be amazing.

It was also genuinely moving to read your exceptional praise for our associates who attended after you, and whom you felt were attentive and made your stay very enjoyable. I will ensure that your compliments are passed on.

Herefordshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

This was our first trip to Dubai, we really didn't know what to expect, and Palm Tree Court was recommended to us by our travel agent. We are so glad we booked there!
All the staff were welcoming and friendly, and our room was perfect, clean and spacious. The food was absolutely outstanding, at breakfast, lunch and dinner in all the restaurants we used during our stay. The all inclusive package was really worth it...we ate like kings and certainly didn't go hungry or thirsty at any point. Even though it was Ramadan when we stayed, the hotel continued to serve food during the daytime, along with non-alcoholic drinks. (I wasn't too keen on the laid-back dress code in the restaurants....I don't think it entirely appropriate to wear swimsuits in dining rooms at the best of times, and to do so during Ramadan is particularly crass, and so I felt that the staff should have been more on hand to ask people to cover up.)

One other very small criticism is of the pools. For the size of the complex, they were quite small and crowded, and there didn't seem to be the separation of clientele from Palm Tree Court and Jebel Ali Beach Hotel, which we were led to believe there would be. We were there during a very quiet time (Ramadan in a very hot July!) and would have struggled to find a space in the pools had we wanted to be there. We tended to use the much quieter beach instead.

Neither of these small niggles detract from the wonderful stay we had, made all the better by the fantastic efficient staff. They were always smiling and genuinely happy to help, from the concierges, reception staff, waiters and waitresses, to the gardeners; all displayed the same happy, can-do attitude!

We wouldn't hesitate to return....hopefully very soon! We would strongly recommend anyone to book up for a wonderful stay!

Stayed July 2014
Yasser M, Hotel Manager at JA Palm Tree Court, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear ambercountrygirl,

I was delighted to read your review and that you decided to stay with us following the recommendation from your travel agent, and I was glad to know that you had a wonderful stay with us.

Please allow me to thank you for your kind words with regards to the resort and its facilities, the accommodation which you found to be perfect and specious, the food served in all the restaurants which you felt was outstanding, as well as the All Inclusive package which you have kindly mentioned was worth it.

I have also noted your feedback in relation to the dress code policy and the pool facilities. I would like to thank you for sharing your concerns, and may I take this opportunity to apologize for any discomfort and inconvenience this might have caused you. Please rest assured that your valuable feedback has been shared with the management team.

Your praise with regards to my team who looked after you whilst staying with us, whom you felt were fantastic and genuinely helpful, is highly appreciated. I will definitely ensure that your compliments are passed on to them.

Chudleigh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Having had the privilege to travel to many luxury 5 star hotels throughout my life I can personally, hand on heart say that this hotel and the staff within was the best hotel I have ever stayed at.

From our arrival at the hotel the staff were very attentive to our every need especially the team of butlers that were found at the exclusive Signatures Lounge which I had the privilege of using, in my opinion if you are going to stay at this hotel, you should spend the extra money to stay in either the Royal Jasmine Suites or the Residence Suites to have the use of the Lounge which incorporates a private lounge area and your own private pool.

The rooms were spotless throughout the entire length of my stay at the hotel with a great fray of amenities being left in the room each day. All the rooms were perfectly appointed and equipped to cater for your every need, especially the air conditioning which worked a treat- keeping the room at a mild 22 degrees in comparison to the 40+ degree heat outside.

If you are a bit of a food fanatic like myself then you will not be disappointed at the array of different dining options that are available to you when staying at the hotel. In fact, during my stay I did not eat at any of the restaurants twice as I wanted to try all the different culinary delights from the different restaurants. My personal favourite was the White Orchid Restaurant which serves a fusion of asian cuisine.

To be quite frank, at first I was quite concerned that the hotel was going to be too far away from the heart of Dubai's city life due to the hotels location by the Palm Jebel Ali. However, I was pleasantly surprised at the number of buses and minibuses that served a number of different locations in Dubai city centre, for example The Dubai Mall and the Mall of the Emirates from the hotel (free of charge of course.) So don't be put off by the location of the hotel as actually it does not take long to get to these places from the hotel.

Overall, I would advise anybody who is considering staying at the Palm Tree Court to book this hotel as it is the best hotel I have ever stayed at even in comparison to the Ritz in New York. Do not listen to some of the bad reviews around complaining about air traffic noise, which in fact is only caused by the increase traffic flying to and from Al Maktoum Airport due to runway resurfacing at Dubai International- the noise in fact is barely noticeable. Lastly, I would like to thank Prandeep and the other butlers at the Signatures Lounge for making my stay very relaxing and memorable. I will be returning!

Room Tip: Royal Jasmine and Residence Block rooms have the best sea view and are the quietest, but you do have...
Dear KleranFuller,

At the hotel, we ensure that we over deliver on all areas as we continue to work collectively to achieve our common goals by understanding all our guest needs

Your very candid and positive review has left a happy grin on my face, from your detailed review I could feel that you had an enjoyable stay with us and I do appreciate that you would recommend us to other travellers.

Please allow me to thank you equally for your positive comments with regards to the resort and its facilities which you comparatively found to be the best hotel that you have ever stayed, the accommodation which you felt was perfect, the quality of food served in all the restaurants especially at the White Orchid restaurant, as well as the free shuttle bus services that is provided for all our guest.

Your positive comments with regards to our associates were very much appreciated, whom you felt were very attentive, I will ensure that your compliments are passed on to them.