“My favourite hotel!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of JA Palm Tree Court

You added JA Palm Tree Court to your Saves list
JA Palm Tree Court
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Tariq Bin Ziyad Rd | PO Box 9255, Dubai, United Arab Emirates   |
Ranked #9 of 499 Hotels in Dubai
London, United Kingdom
“My favourite hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

We have been visiting the JA Palm Tree Court and main hotel for over 10 years and whilst I am reticent to share this beautiful hotel I feel it only right to let people know hear a wonderful resort it is. It is located about 40 minutes from Dubai airport and about a 20 minute taxi ride to the Mall of the Emirates shopping centre. The hotel is quite isolated which is one of its attractions for us. There are regular shuttle buses to the shopping malls and water park. The facilities are excellent. There are water sports, children's club, a sports centre for the more energetic which in addition to the gym also has a squash court and badminton court. The difference between the main hotel and the palm tree court are the size of the rooms. The palm tree court are all suites with walk in showers and a lovely balcony. Whereas the main hotel balconys are standing room only. There are four swimming pools and three swim up bars. There is also a shallow toddler pool that is about 10" deep and another pool for children that is a couple of feet deep. These are normally covered with a canapé to keep the sun off the children. The other pools are not covered but are kept chilled to a perfect temperature. The food in all the restaurants is certainly 5 star. Two are buffet style and normally have a different theme each evening. In addition there is the White Orchid which is Thai/Chinese. An Italian , a fine dining floating fish restaurant, a steak and Mexican restaurant at the shooting club along with a sports bar and beach bars. It does tend to get busier on a Friday and Saturday which is their weekend with country club members but they tend to come in about 10 onwards so find it best to get up earlier on these days. There are plenty of sun beds the rest of the time and you don't need to save beds like you do in other hotels. The beach towels are supplied and the staff look after you. Cocktails in the white orchid lounge are the best I have tasted. The evening entertainment is subtle with a singer or band in the bars which is very civilised and classy. If you are looking to party all night this is not the resort for you. The sun beds are comfortable and there is a choice of sitting around the pools. In the gardens on the grass by the beach or on the beach. A truly special resort for those wanting to relax.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Fredrik R, Regional General Manager at JA Palm Tree Court, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Dear Karon A,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at JA Palm Tree Court.

As our loyal guest, I was extremely pleased to know that you had an enjoyable stay with us. I would like to thank you for your kind words with regards to the resort which you consider to be your favourite, the activities available which you felt were excellent, as well as the accommodation which you have kindly mentioned was spacious and lovely.

Please also allow me to thank you for your positive remarks in relation to the swimming pools which you felt were child-friendly with perfect temperature, and the food served in all the restaurants at the resort which you have highly rated.

It was also nice to read your positive comments about my team who looked after you. I will ensure that your compliments are shared with them.

I look forward to welcoming you back to JA Palm Tree Court, and once again thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

Regional General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (295)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Jugon-les-Lacs, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

My friend told me that this was a great place and I was skeptical, partly because of a bias against anything that might be good on this side of Dubai. In fact, I was wrong as this is now one of my favourite places in Dubai. The staff are great, very friendly, but also they know what they are doing. The breakfast buffet, which was included, was good and the villa rooms were excellent. The place has peacocks wandering all over the lovely grounds and often they would alite on the balcony of my room. The gardens are very well laid out and maintained, right down to the beach. There are several pools, as well as the sea of course, including one horizon pool were you can swim up and sit at the bar while in the pool. There are some great activities around this hotel including horse riding and there is a good shooting range nearby. All in all, a most relaxing place to visit.

Room Tip: Ask for a clear sea view.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Fredrik R, Regional General Manager at JA Palm Tree Court, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Dear Bruce G,

It was lovely to read your review with regards to your stay with us, and I was happy to know that the resort is now one of your favorite places in Dubai. I do appreciate your kind words about the hotel’s rooms which you have kindly mentioned were excellent, the breakfast buffet that you found to be good, the peacocks and the well-maintained gardens, the swimming pools, as well as the activities available such as horse riding and shooting club which you felt were great.

It was truly moving to read your exceptional praise for our associates who looked after you, whom made your stay enjoyable. You have kindly mentioned that they were great and very friendly; I will ensure that your compliments are passed on.

Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

We stayed in JA Palm in the first week of February. Although we had an excellent time, we doubt if we will come back.

The room and the complementary services are fantastic (the residence suite is very new and the hardware is state of the art). The food is good, the food in the white orchid is very good. Staff is friendly and helpful. The butler services for residence guest is very good. You really experience that they selected the best possible staff, and the hotel really offers a different kind of service for residence guests.

Room for improvement: communication between the various departments: too many small things went wrong: we requested for babybed in our room on arrival: no babybed (we had to wait in the middle of the night). We requested for a shuttle to Dubai: no shuttle, we requested for a babysit, babysit showed up half an hour too late. When so many little things are going wrong it is, in this price segment kind of normal that management compensates. It is a petty that they didn't do so.

The location is not the best in Dubai c

Room Tip: take a room in the Residence section.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear Objective5,

It was nice to read your review, and I would like to thank you for your kind words about the hotel’s rooms and the service that you received which you have kindly mentioned was fantastic, as well as the food served at the hotel which you felt was good in particular from the White Orchid restaurant. I would also like to thank you for your kind words with regards to my team who looked after you, whom you felt were friendly and helpful. I will definitely ensure that your compliments are shared with them.

I have also noted your feedback about the baby cot and babysitting service, as well as the complimentary shuttle bus service. I would like to extend my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused on this occasion, and I can assure you that this is not a true reflection of our usual high standards. We value all guest feedback, which allows us to continually improve our services across the hotel, and I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to detail your experience. I would be most interested in receiving further details from you in order for us to address your concerns, so please do not hesitate to contact me directly at generalmanager.jagr@jaresorts.com

Shaftesbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

Beautiful place, lovely staff, wonderful food, not disappointed by anything, they say you can never recapture a first visit but this hotel does everything do well.

I hope that in trying to please everyone they don't let it become a 'Spanish type package holiday' it's the exclusivity which make this place a paradise. Karaoke is for a different style of holiday and a little out of place in such a beautiful tranquil location.

Room Tip: We have stayed in the apartments both times and would recommend this, it's just a bit more exclu...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear su1705,

I was extremely pleased to read your review, and it was lovely to know that you felt the resort was beautiful and its exclusivity made you feel like in a paradise. I do appreciate your positive remarks about the food which you have kindly mentioned was wonderful, and please allow me to thank you for your kind words with regards to my team who looked after you during your stay with us, whom you felt were lovely. I will definitely ensure that your compliments are shared with them.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor and I look forward to welcoming you back personally to JA Palm Tree Court.

Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

We stayed at the JA Palm Tree Court for five days in December 2013 and we all loved it.

We stayed in two Garden View Suits and the rooms and bathroom were spacious. I really loved the modern bathroom with a huge bath and walk-in-shower.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Fredrik R, General Manager at JA Palm Tree Court, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Dear johannalie,

It was a great pleasure to read your review, and I would like to thank you for your kind words with regards to the resort and its facilities, the spaciousness of your accommodation, as well as the All Inclusive package which you found to be the best.

Staffanstorp, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

We stayed 8 nights at the Palm Tree Court November 2013 and had a wonderful time. We came with high expectations and left with a promise to come back every year.
It is a full-service hotel with highest attention to details and service.

We had an all-inclusive stay (4 persons, two kids 10 and 6) and the one thing that especially left its mark was the outstanding quality of food and beverages.
Pools were great (guarded), restaurants outstanding and rooms were comfortable, clean and spacious. Can´t get any closer to the beach which was great.
A bit outside from Dubai centre (free hotel shuttle) but we preferred the beach location.

Toni B

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear 14ToniB,

I was pleased to know that you had a wonderful stay with us, and I was happy to know that you would come back to the resort on your next holiday.

I would like to thank you for your positive comments with regards to the resort and its facilities, the food and beverages served in all the restaurants which you felt were outstanding, the spaciousness and cleanliness of your accommodation, as well as the All Inclusive package that you opted to.

Liverpool
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

We stayed 6 nights from January 10th on bed n breakfast,at this really lovely hotel. All the staff were really pleasant and courteous. Breakfast was wonderful,( best sausages) Garden room was very spacious and the almost 8 foot wide bed was sooooo cumfy. Huge sofa which if needed converted to single beds. Garden had table chairs and 2 sun loungers. Peacocks strolling round and even walking into the room was quite exotic ! We tried the spa with a complimentary foot massage - very relaxing ( mint tea and a fruit kebab was a nice touch ) The Beach was clean and pleasant but as we had RAIN and cloudy weather we did not take full advantage. As usual our last day was sunny.
The complimentary night out on Bateau Dubai was a fab night out. Cruising along the creek was a pleasure, fireworks a bonus. Gourmet food was first class. Transport provided by the hotel was fine but don't be late back or he might go without you ( only other passengers stopped that happening!)
The White Orchid restaurant was lovely as was the Sports Bar ( Liverpool were playing!!!)
We travelled into Dubai to see the fountains by the Dubai Mall a sight not to be missed. We dined in the Mango Tree great view.
We also dined at the Argentinian restaurant in the Jumeira Beach Hotel. Very expensive but good food and the dancers doing the Argentinian Tango were fab. A stroll around the gardens and view of the Burj rounded off a great night.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Fredrik R, General Manager at JA Palm Tree Court, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Dear TiggerLiverpool,

It was a pleasure to know that you had an excellent holiday with us, and I was also glad to know that you enjoyed some tourist attractions in Dubai. I would like to thank you for your kind words with regards to the resort and its facilities, the accommodation which you found to be spacious, the Spa which you enjoyed, as well as the food served in all the restaurants which you felt was lovely.

It was also nice to read your positive comments about my team who looked after you, whom you felt were very pleasant and courteous. I will ensure that your compliments are shared with them.

Fredrik Reinisch

Been to JA Palm Tree Court? Share your experiences!