“Amazing experience!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of JA Palm Tree Court

You added JA Palm Tree Court to your Saves list
JA Palm Tree Court
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Tariq Bin Ziyad Rd | PO Box 9255, Dubai, United Arab Emirates   |
Ranked #10 of 483 Hotels in Dubai
Preston, United Kingdom
“Amazing experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

This has to have been the best holiday I have ever had and I am not exaggerating!
We arrived on the 18th August 2013, two people staying in a 2nd floor garden room. The room was absolutely huge! It was beautifully set out with a very clean spacious bathroom and a big balcony. The room was garden view but you could see the sea from our room, no need for a sea view room as they all have view of the sea. The room really did take my breath away, it was perfect for us.

Onesemus was our house maid and he did a fantastic job to help with all our room needs. He cleaned the room in a morning when he knew we would be out and did a brilliant job, always clean towels, replenished used shower gel, shampoo etc, clean floor, no dust in sight! He also turn our beds down before we got in at night and created a relaxing environment for us to sleep in by bring two bottles of water and Laying out our hotel slippers and replenishing towels again. He really was a star!!! Always happy to help!

The beach was amazing! For some reason most people wanted to sit by the pool or on the grass area where as we prefer to stay on the beach. The beach was very spacious, hardly anyone on and it is also a private beach, no one pestering you to buy stuff! Martin on the beach where we sat everyday was amazing, he got out beds, towels and umbrellas up each morning without fail before we got down. He was very kind and would be happy to help with anything, he got us drinks. It was very very hot and he would work without complaining going above and beyond his job role to keep all the guests happy and relaxed! He really deserves a medal for working in that heat!

You do not need to be up early to get a sun bed in this hotel, there are plenty to choose from anytime of the day. This really helped our holiday experience as there is nothing worse than 'fighting' for a sun bed!

The restaurants wthat we ate in were good, our favourite was the white orchid, we were staying all inclusive do ate there fit breakfast, lunch and sometimes tea. It serves buffet food for breakfast and lunch and al la carte for evening. The food selection was brilliant, vast variety of foods and chefs to cook omelettes and eggs for your preference. Felt that the buffet restaurants la fontana and ibn majeed, for evening meals were a little bit samey for each mealtime but there was always something to eat as I am a fussy eater. Lakes of salads and fresh fruits which I love.
We ate at la traviata for one meal which was al la carte, it was good but bit limited selection.
The staff were all lovely and would say hello as you walked past and would do their upmost to help you with and queries.

We booked at done sl la carte restaurants before we travelled, this was stated as booked by email however when we got there it wasn't booked. I advise to book at restaurants not before but on the day you get there as they do get booked up.

Anouska working in the white orchid was such a lovely waitress and would always have a big smile on her face and would go out of her way to help with needs, she really was amazing!

There is also shuttle buses to the malls in the area, I would say that they are all worth a look at.we felt that the hotel was great for putting on this services as you could explore Dubai at no extra cost, really was a brilliant touch!

We went to the spa for a massage and that was a really good experience, very relaxing environment and staff were really nice.

I would really recommend this hotel! It is the only hotel that I can honestly say I would return to and hope I do soon!

Everything about the hotel was relaxing and felt at ease, a truly amazing experience!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Fredrik R, General Manager at JA Palm Tree Court, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear sarah_sutcliffe_89,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Palm Tree Court.

I was very delighted to read that you had a truly amazing and relaxing experience whilst staying with us, and you consider it to be the best holiday you have ever had. I was happy to know that you would recommend the hotel to others, as well as you would return in future.

It was a pleasure to know that you had a chance to experience most of the facilities across the resort; in particular the beach, restaurants, our very own The Spa and the complimentary shuttle bus service which you enjoyed.

Please allow me to personally thank you for your positive comments about the resort, the spaciousness and cleanliness of your accommodation, the service that you received, as well as the restaurants which you had commented that the food selection was brilliant and vast in variety.

I have also noted that my team dealt with your concerns and queries in a positive manner, some of whom you have given a special mention. You have kindly mentioned that they were really nice, very kind, lovely, amazing and happy to help! I will definitely ensure your compliments are shared with them.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Palm Tree Court, and once again thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

Fredrik Reinisch

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (249)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Ratby
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Well back home from a nice relaxing holiday again. The hotel for us was and is a very good place to stay, its not too far from the metro at Ibn Battuta which is frequent, cheap and clean. The shuttle buses from the hotel are quick and are an easy way to get into the many Dubai malls for some shopping therapy.

The staff of the hotel, many we know quite well and class as friends as well as staff for the hotel. Some notable ones, particularly Kumara the best guy ever to look after a room, this man cannot do enough for you and nothing, I mean nothing is too much trouble. Islam, what can you say about this guy, he is a one man walking mind of information and helpfulness, I think the Senior Management have one great advert for this hotel in Islam and hope to see him again next year. Menchie, Jackson, Akhil, Florence plus so many new staff its difficult to point out anyone that merits more praise than another. There is one who while we there had just joined the team and think she will be a very good at her job as she attended us with a smile every time thanks Nef.

There have been some changes which, may or many not be a good thing, small things nothing of great importance but, such things as the removal of a henna tent which has been replaced with what could only be called a "caribbean" wooden shack?, shed? mmm not sure that was a good move, now if anyone wants to que for a camel ride you would be standing in the suns glare. The henna tent showed you where you were, now it could be anywhere with a white shack on a any beach. This is more a hotel for families than couples or individual travellers at the moment as the hotel moves forward with its ideas.

All in all we will return basically due to the staff more than the hotel its self.

Room Tip: The Royal Jasmine Suites have access to daytime soft drinks, coffee and sandwiches etc. and private...
Dear Gregsopinion,

It was a great pleasure to read review from our returning guest, and I am happy to know that you had a nice and relaxing stay with us once again.

I was very pleased to read your positive comments about my team who looked after you during your stay with us, some of whom you have personally acknowledged. I will ensure that your compliments are shared with my team whom you felt were helpful, and made your stay more enjoyable.

I can confirm that the management team and I are now reviewing the areas for improvement, which you have highlighted and to make any necessary changes.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor and I look forward to welcoming you back personally to Palm Tree Court.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

As with all things in life, you get what you pay for. Palm Tree Court compares very favourably with resorts in more expensive Bermuda or cheaper Jamaica. If you like Dubai, the Jebel Ali resort has the best stretch of beach on which to stroll in comparative seclusion and swim or paddle to your heart’s content. The construction of Palm Jebel Ali continues to alter the water flow (it is a shame that the seaweed cannot be actively reduced) but such negative effects are considerably less than are the case for properties around Palm Jumeirah.
Rooms are spacious, tastefully furnished with bathrooms to die for. Wake up, make a tea (Earl Grey if you want), turn on Radio 2 (channel 62 on your TV) and sit on your patio/balcony with door open watching beach staff prepare sun beds for guests to use while you read your complimentary copy of Gulf News. Feeling peckish, then your breakfast buffet offers every option from fresh fruit platters to full English or even smoked salmon etc – you can literally help yourself to as much or as little as you want.
What can you do next – ride a camel, do an aqua class, go to the gym, play golf, have a swim, hire a water taxi, go shopping or just laze in the sun – the choice is yours. Take the free hotel shuttle service to Ibn Battuta Mall and take the Metro into the city if you want to explore on the cheap. A taxi back to the resort will be less than £20 if you prefer. Dinners at the resort come in many forms, the food is excellent. If the restaurant of your choice is fully booked then try room service for a more personalised dining experience. Above all else, try Bateaux Dubai and form your own opinion. If you value good customer service, the resort’s polite, friendly, helpful and attentive staff will do their best to provide you with what you want, when you want it and the way you want it.

Room Tip: Ground floor
Dear Johnsmithjd,

I was extremely pleased to know that you consider the hotel to be an oasis of tranquil luxury. It was a pleasure to read your positive comments about your accommodation which you have kindly mentioned was spacious and tastefully furnished. You have also kindly recommended the restaurants and dining experience at the resort that you enjoyed.

I would like to thank you for your positive comments about the customer service provided by my team, whom you felt were good, polite, friendly, helpful and attentive. I will ensure that your compliments are shared with them.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

Returned last Friday from a 9 day stay at the palm tree. Could not fault the luxurious bedroom. From the deep, quality mattresses of the beds to the quality towels, (I don't think I have ever wrapped up in such a huge towel before), these rooms are simply amazing. Quality complimentary skin and hair products by Elemis left daily in the room left one feeling well and truly pampered.

Hotel grounds were spotlessly clean and lush green with waterfalls throughout. Everywhere we chose to walk through the gardens, there was some kind of attractive feature.

Reception area, big, with a very quality rich feel about it.

Downfalls...

Need to reserve sun beds at any of the three poolsides at around 7.30am otherwise they are all gone just leaving the man made beach the only place to bathe. Man made beach comes with a Luke warm bath water sea which does not cool one down, hence why everyone crowds around the pools which are much cooler than the warm sea.

Poolside swim up bar staff act like they either don't want to be there or have been out on the booze the night before and have massive hangovers. Either way, you are certainly not made to feel welcome and usually have to wait at least 20 minutes to get served. A great range of all inclusive branded drinks available though.

Buffet restaurants were as the can says, buffet food. Albeit 5* Luke warm buffet food and there is only so many times you go in before you reach cabin fever.

Trying to book a dinner in shooters, the italian, wild orchid or divas seemed impossible. First of all, upon arrival, expect to be told all the restaurants are fully booked. Until I complained good and hard in the reception requesting to speak with a manager, did the member of staff "find" a spare table in all the fully booked restaurants. The complaining was worth it as the food was truly exquisite, freshly cooked and beautifully presented in all three restaurants. Sports bar seemed to have a greasy cafe style smell, yet served some nice meals too.

sadly I would not return as the restaurant booking game put me off. My recommendation would be to limit access to one or two times maximum per stay, perhaps this would free a lot of tables and let first timers access the superb restaurants without having to bitterly complain in the reception.

Stayed August 2013
Dear Darren S,

It was nice to read your review, and I would like to thank you for your kind words about the cleanliness of the resort. I do also appreciate your positive comments with regards to the rooms which you felt were simply amazing, as well as the facilities and amenities available in your accommodation that you enjoyed.

It is with great regret to have learnt of your disappointment with regards to the service that you received from my team, as well as the handling of your restaurant reservation. I would like to apologise for any inconvenience you may have experienced, and I would like to assure you that this is not a true reflection of our usual high standards.

Nevertheless, I was happy to know that you enjoyed the food served in our restaurants which you have kindly mentioned was truly exquisite, freshly cooked and beautifully presented.

Despite your disappointment, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Palm Tree Court in the future.

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is epic.

We visited for 8 nights and stayed in a ground floor garden room with our two boys aged 5 and 2.

Basically all the other reviews cover how great the place is. For that reason I'll focus on kids stuff.

We checked in early off the Virgin Atlantic flight, Upper Class totally amazing, to find our room request was fulfilled and waiting. The Mothercare cot was all made up in the room with lovely kids bedding, Johnson and Johnson toiletries and a teddy bear.

The five year olds sofa bed was made up and he slep really well in it all week.

Food- every restaurant has a diss menu with drawing packs to keep them entertained. The high chair was always on hand, and clean! The kids were totally spoilt in the three swim up pools with milk shakes and Walls ice creams included in the all inclusive package.

Kids Club. This is total quality, Ofsted quality with British staff who have a great attitude. Max the manager was really helpful and very caring.

Babysitter- The hotel offers a service which is very professional and safe. We used it three times and the kids settled down lovely and we were totally satisfied with the professionalism Lea displayed.

General-August in Dubai is crazy hot, but not at Palm Tree Court. It has a lovely sea breeze which blows across the manicured lawns where the kids could run around safely.

Transport- new people carrier taxi's take you to and from the airport for about £30 each way. It's an easy cool journey which takes about 30 mins.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear LondonDaytripper,

I was delighted to read your review, and I was happy to know that overall you had an enjoyable stay with us!

It was great to read that you appreciated the amenities and facilities available for children at the resort. I was pleased to know that you were satisfied upon arrival, as we have met your expectations with regards to your request in accommodation, particularly having a baby cot. I would also like to thank you for your positive comments about the availability of drawing materials and high chair in the restaurants, the CoolZone, as well as our babysitting service.

Your personal acknowledgements with regards to my team were very much appreciated. I will ensure that your compliments are shared with them.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

We stayed at the Palm Tree Court for 7 nights and I cannot speak highly enough of the place as a whole. The rooms are very well furnished (I think we were in one of the refurbished blocks), in particular the bathroom which we found to a very high standard. The complex is well maintained and clean. The location is slightly off the beaten track with very little directly outside of the complex but there really is no need to go offsite unless you are going on a particular trip. The staff are helpful and polite, particularly in the a la carte restaurants and on the experience desk. Service at the swim up bars by the pool was a little slow at times but not too bad. We were informed on check in that all a la cartes were fully booked which was a little disappointing however when we discussed with the experience desk we did manage to get bookings in three of the four a la carte restaurants. All three that we ate in were fantastic with a varied choice of food (based on restaurant theme). We did find that during certain times there was a little wait for La Fontana buffet restaurant and given the size of the complex I thought this restaurant was a little small. You can however also use the buffet in the hotel lobby which was never a problem. A special mention to Ushanka in The Anchor who took time out to give us an in depth overview of the complex on our first day (we found this very helpful) and was always on hand to help with any questions we had. To top it off we were provided with a number of complimentary activities which if accumulated in price would no doubt top £500 if paid for outside of our package.

I could go on forever about the good points but in a nutshell I can't find fault with this place at all and hope to return some time in the near furture.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Fredrik R, General Manager at JA Palm Tree Court, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
Dear Scott L,

It was a pleasure to know that you loved every minute of your stay with us! I was pleased to read your positive comments about the resort which you found to be well-maintained and clean, as well as the rooms which you have kindly mentioned were very well-furnished and in a very high standard.

It was nice to read that you had a chance to visit most of our restaurants across the resort. You have kindly mentioned that these restaurants were fantastic with a varied choice of food.

Please also allow me to thank you for your personal acknowledgements to my team whom you felt were helpful and polite. I will ensure that your compliments are shared with them.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

We have stayed in the resort 3 years in a row now and again had a pleasant time. This year though we have many issues which have cropped up. In short I would advice the following:

1) Book restaurants before arrival. Last few years we have had no issues this time of year. This year we could not get into half the restaurants on our stay as they where booked. This meant buffet dinner most nights which we can only take a certain amount of!

2) Clarify the room descriptions. We stayed in the garden view room in the palm tree court. The room is huge, but not suitable for a 2 adult 2 children family really. The sofa bed for the kids is uncomfortable. My kids are 6 and 9 and it was not pleasant. We traveled with another family who had 10 and 15 year olds and this was totally unstable for them really.

3) Noise/no water in the room. A couple of days during our stay we had no water in the room. This was because of works in our block, which was unexpected/no warnings! We also stayed near some sort of onsite plant which was behind our room and a couple of nights we could hear banging/drilling type noises which was not so bad in the room but very loud from the balcony.

4) The hotel seems to have become much more popular over the past year. Sunbeds difficult to get, some pools packed some days. Also, there are no pool/beach attendance this year. They used to bring along cold towels which was excellent last year but this year nothing. The swim up bars where busy, even when not busy it took ages to be served. As others have observed the personnel touch of previous years has disappeared which is unfortunate.

5) .Kids club is very good, although this year for some reason they did not have a family/kids movie night in the pool, which was brilliant last year and really enjoyed by my kids.

6) Evening entertainment is lacking in the hotel. Only live music was in the small bar area of the white orchid. I would suggest more entertainment is laid on (obviously after ramadan). Maybe some kids magicians, acrobats, music, beach parties etc. So much can be done but very little is.

All in all though we did have a good time, probably because of what we made of it and not really complained. We did near the end of the holiday make our feeling known to Mr Ahmed and Mr Yousey (apologies if I have the name incorrect) who called our room the last day to see how the holiday went.

The hotel in general is very good, food very good in Shooters (only managed to get in once!), Italian (rich sauces but nice). We had to leave the kids with the people we traveled with to get into white orchid. Food was lovely but there where loads of empty seats! We did not get into Divas at all so can't comment but our trip there last year was excellent.

I only hope this is read (it usually is by hotel staff) and these issues addressed. We where thinking of coming back next year, although having second thoughts. If they can iron out these issues it will help.

Last few years we stayed in a family garden view room at the jebel ali hotel which was excellent as you got to Hotel rooms with interconnecting doors, unfortunately this category room was no longer available according to the agent we booked through. They said we had to book 2 rooms. I would suggest the hotel simplify considerably the room categories or at least have a much better description for each room category. As mentioned already the Palm Tree garden view room we stayed in was not really (in my opinion) suitable/comfortable for 2 adults and 2 children, unless I guess the kids are younger.

Special thanks to Kemal in the concierge team who really helped us while on holiday, and the kids always requested he pick them up in the buggies to take us around the resort!

Fingers crossed I hear back from the management and the complaints we made as I still have faith in the hotel and staff.

Room Tip: Get clarification from the room the room type which you book.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear HakanYusuf,

I was extremely pleased to read review from our returning guest, and I am happy to know that you had a pleasant time with us once again.

We certainly endeavour to do our best to accommodate each of our guests’ needs and preference, to ensure that everyone will have an enjoyable stay with us. With this in mind, it is sometimes challenging when we are experiencing high levels of occupancy and guests wishes to experience any similar facilities at simultaneous intervals.

It is with great regret to have learnt of your disappointment due to the unforeseen circumstances which you had experienced whilst staying with us. I would like to sincerely apologise for any inconvenience or disturbance you may have experienced.

Nevertheless, I would like to thank you for your positive comment about the hotel which you have kindly mentioned was very good. I was pleased to hear that you had a chance to visit some of our restaurants across the resort, and felt that the food served was very good as well.

I do also appreciate your personal acknowledgement to my team who looked after you, whom you felt were helpful. I will ensure that your compliments are passed on to them.

I would also like to personally thank you for giving my Front Office management team the opportunity to discuss your concerns during your stay with us. Please rest assured that I have personally noted all the areas which you have highlighted, and I appreciate you taking the time to offer your comments and suggestions to my attention.

Fredrik Reinisch

Been to JA Palm Tree Court? Share your experiences!