“A great place to escape to” 5 of 5 stars
Review of JA Palm Tree Court

You added JA Palm Tree Court to your Saves list
JA Palm Tree Court
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Tariq Bin Ziyad Rd | PO Box 9255, Dubai, United Arab Emirates   |
Ranked #11 of 486 Hotels in Dubai
Bristol
“A great place to escape to”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

After staying at the Jebel Ali last year, and having a minor issue which was dealt with impeccably by the hotel manager personally and promptly post departure, we returned for a short stay this week at the Palm Tree Court on a stop over from Thailand, and we're thoroughly looked after. I have to say, having been coming to Dubai on holiday at least once a year for the last 12/13 years that we would really recommend the Palm Tree Court (we normally stay at Le Royal Meridien and twice at Jebel Ali). The rooms are fantastic - spacious, recently renovated and the ground floor ones particularly offer sun beds on the lawn outside your room, so were great for some chilled time close to the room. The staff are excellent - our favourite who far surpassed any other member was Rajitha who worked in Captains bar and the Anchor bar. He was friendly, attentative, and really took an interest in you - whilst making sure your needs were met even on a busy Friday/Saturday lunchtime. He deserves a reward as he really was your top performing staff member! I love that the hotel lets the staff write their own caption under their name badges after 6 months of service - we loved discussing their choices e.g. Their personal hobbies and interests. Great idea.

During our quick stay, we ate in the evenings at the White Orchid and La Traviata - both great - wonderful food and superb service - on our last night we'd booked a week in advance for DiVAZ, but my husband got a migraine late afternoon on the day of our booking, and we sadly had to cancel (we ate here last year, and it was the highlight of our holiday :( one to make sure you book up).

I have to say that I prefer my experience in the Palm Tree Court to the Jebel Ali; the room we booked in the Jebel Ali last year was quite small in comparison, and we loved our bigger room and ground floor area to chill out in in our Palm Tree Court room. It was so easy to walk to the restaurants and pool straight from the room, with no lifts etc. Also, you have the wonderful peacocks wandering in front of your rooms!

This is a great hotel for relaxation, a great AI package and lovely rooms. Well done Palm Tree Court! We'll be back I'm sure - maybe even in late June when I'm coming back on a girls week away!

The Mestons

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Fredrik R, General Manager at JA Palm Tree Court, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear Cat72Bristol,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Palm Tree Court.

I am extremely pleased to know that you had fabulous holiday with us, and that you enjoyed the All Inclusive package. I would like to thank you for your very kind words in relation to the resort, its facilities, as well as the accommodation. It was a pleasure to read that you enjoyed the food and the drinks across the resort, in particular at the White Orchid and La Traviata which you have kindly mentioned were wonderful!

Your comments which were very positive with regards to my team who looked after you were great to read, and I appreciate you taking he time to personally acknowledge my associates, which I will definitely ensure that your compliments are passed on to them.

I look forward to having the pleasure of personally welcoming you back to Palm Tree Court in the near future, and once again thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

Fredrik Reinisch

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

I have been coming here for years but the standard has slipped. My sister booked us in for this weekend but it was a nightmare - the rooms were boiling hot, the staff had no idea what they were doing and kept getting things wrong and the food in the thai restaurant has nose dived - it really was awful. We left this morning and would not come back. It was so busy, the staff seemed to be running around like headless chickens and many could not speak a word of english. I have only stayed twice before but I know it was miles better than this the last time we were here. Next time I'm in Dubai, I'll be going to Royal Mirage.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear John H,

It is with great disappointment that I read your review, and it is clear that we have failed to meet your expectations in many ways during your recent stay with us.

It is certainly not our intention to have any of our guests disappointed, and I would like to sincerely apologise for any shortfall on this occasion. I believe that we are in contact with someone from your party, however to allow me to take the necessary action for improvement, I would like to invite you to contact me directly at the hotel on fredrik.reinisch@jaresorts.com to address your concerns in more detail.

Despite the above, I do hope that we will have an opportunity to restore your confidence in Palm Tree Court, and once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

Presently staying in a junior suite, beach front room. immaculate, very spacious, great bathroom huge bed, lots of wardrobe space. Parts of the hotel around pool areas are very busy with lots of families but what is good you can find a quiet area on the lawns to relax. The food and service is fantastic, first class presentation for buffet restaurants. Once again you can find a quiet place to have breakfast without children i.e the White Orchid without getting mowed down with young children running around and using scooters which is a bit scary, we experienced this in the Fontana the first morning. We have so far eaten at the Captains Bar, White Orchid and La Traviata for evening dining all were fantastic, all the staff are very attentive and polite, they do not always have an easy time certain nationalities can be very rude and demanding. The grounds are picturesque, sun loungers very comfortable, the new drinks bar just opened was a great addition. We have settled in and would recommend.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Janice S,

It was great to know that overall you had an enjoyable stay with us! I would like to thank you for your kind words about the resort and its facilities, as well as the accommodation which you have kindly mentioned were immaculate and spacious. I do also appreciate your positive comments with regards to the food and drinks that you have enjoyed across the resort during your stay with us.

Please rest assured that we are very grateful indeed for the points you brought to our attention, and your feedback on TripAdvisor has been discussed in detail and actions have or are in the process on being implemented to improve in the areas mentioned.

I do also appreciate your personal acknowledgement to the rest of my team who looked after you during stay with us, whom you felt were very attentive and polite. I will personally ensure that these compliments are passed on to them.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and I look forward to having the pleasure of personally welcoming you back to Palm Tree Court in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Great hotel, was there for a weekend with some friends.
The location is a bit trick and away from the city, I admit, but once you are there the place is great.
It is a great place for a weekend escape. I was visiting a friend and we really had a good time.
The rooms are spacious and modern. The balcony on the room was amazing, awesome to relax a bit.Prices were not bad at all if compared to Dubai standards and the beach area was great as well. I would recommend for anyone looking for a nice break.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Jason S,

I am extremely pleased to know that you had an excellent stay with us. I would like to thank you for your very kind words in relation to the resort and its facilities the beach as well as the accommodation which you have kindly mentioned was spacious and modern!

London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

We spent a great week at Palm Tree Court with our two children. Wonderful junior suite with balcony facing the beach and great facilities, e.g. several swimming pools both on the beach and in the hotel garden, many bars and restaurants to choose between, many different activities, butler service helping out with whatever requests we had, a great spa (try the Royal hamam!!) and a really good kid's club. We couldn't ask for anything else during our stay at Palm Tree Court!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Pemilla N,

I was pleased to read your review, and I am happy to know that you had your great week with us as you have mentioned and I would like to thank you for your kind words in relation to the resort, its facilities, the kid’s club and the Spa as well as the accommodation which you have kindly mentioned were wonderful.

You have also kindly mentioned that our associates were helpful which I would like to thank you for, and I will ensure your compliments are passed on to them.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and I look forward to personally welcoming you back to Palm Tree Court in the near future.

Brescia, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Five stars hospitality hotel, great food, great facilities for families with children. Half-an-hour out of Dubai, but perfectly connected with free shuttle service. The sea is not the nicest, but I guess this is the normal sea of Dubai.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear iide,

I would like to thank you for your very kind words in relation to the hotel, its facilities, the accommodation, the complimentary shuttle service, as well as the food and service across all the restaurants which you have kindly mentioned was great.

Aberdeen Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

We have just returned from Palm Tree having stayed once before at Jebel Ali. Would definitely recommend going for this option if you can afford it. Rooms are huge - we went for the basic garden view suite and this was fine. Immaculately clean and well stocked with toiletries and water. Lovely bathroom but pressure in the shower was not brilliant. The all inclusive option is essential I think - prices on the menu are very high but with the AI you can eat and drink more or less anything you like and there is a good choice of wine included (and cocktails) Only problem is the temptation to have that extra glass or plate of chips! We didn't venture into either of the buffet restaurants for dinner - our favourite choice was the Captains Bar for an a la carte barbeque. A good selection of starters (dried beef and mozzarella recommended) followed by a choice of about 6 main courses with a sauce and sides. Sea Bream superb as were the lamb chops and husband enjoyed the Malay chicken kebab. The rosemary and thyme sauce was to die for. Creamed spinach delicious but not always hot. Be warned the buttered mash is actually butternut squash - very good but not what I was expecting! Also ate in La Traviata - good but maybe a couple of less fancy dishes would be good - plain grilled fish always popular! Pizzas huge but surprisingly the pork main dish although tasty was not large! Shooters - husband chose better - I had the ribeye which was large but pretty average and he had the beef chop which was lovely. But we do come from Aberdeen so are very very spoilt when it comes to steak. Be aware of the chicken wings as a starter - they nearly took my head off - although my tolerance to spice is very low - hence one of the reasons we did not go to the White Orchid - teppanyaki not included in AI. Also ate in the Sports Cafe one night and one lunch - evening good but service at lunch not good - suprising as that is probably the place where more people are paying - no one came to offer us a second drink ! Comment from husband is that the Sports Club have a great selection of draught beer but the resort only has Fosters and Carlsberg - the Tiger would be good at the pool bars (available in cans but not the same). Generally the lunch menus (especially Anchor Bar) could do with a few more choices - Caesar Salad at Captains far better!

Golf was fun and the course is nice - we took our own clubs and they were well looked after although we were considered very odd as we walked - I had a trolley and he carried. We booked early every time - the first tee time was 7 but there seemed to be a lot of people out before that - members I presume. Fine until we came to a full stop one day - think if you want to play early it should be no four balls and no buggys! We were still finished by 9 even on the day it was slow and it was so nice to play without several layers on! Much appreciated the man who came round with iced towels and also the clubs being taken away and cleaned! You can get buggies to and from the course - our room was the furthest possible from the golf course but we only got one once ... but it was quite a long way!

Breakfast in Palm Tree was far better environment than the Jebel Ali but had the same problem - why can we not get a proper teapot!! Teabag plus slice of lemon does not leave a lot of room for water so you end up using piles of teabags for more than one cup. White Orchid is lovely for breakfast especially if you can get a table on the terrace - but one request (and this has been said on this site before) PLEASE ban small kids - think this should be a ten and over place. One day when I was walking past the breakfast area a small Russian boy threw his chewed breakfast over the balcony - it just missed me and hit a sunbed and the patio which the staff then had to clear up. He thought it was hilarious - good job I was nowhere near him or he would have got an earful. Other kids are running riot. Some of course are well behaved but an oasis away from under 5s at breakfast would be nice.
Another suggestion/complaint that has been mentioned before - the poolside of the swim up bar really should be smoke free - some people were sitting in the pool with ashtrays on the seats - not nice.
If you stay in the posh rooms you get a pool to yourself - fine but it seemed an awful waste since we never saw more than 10 people round it - maybe make it adult only for the Palm Court? Though apart from Fridays you could generally get a bed round the pools until at least 10 or 11. Fridays are busy - try to avoid arriving first thing on a Friday as you will think you have arrived at a kids camp - it is heaving!
The staff everywhere are fabulous - special thanks to the boys in the Captains Bar and the Fontana pool bar who kept us well watered at all times and our room boy (we were 1085) who did a great job.
If you stay at Palm Tree for more than a week you get lots of freebies - botlle of wine in room, one round of golf, spa, tennis and lots more - we only used the golf (and wine) but lots of other options
Brilliant holiday - bit overcast at times but so lovely to get away from Aberdeen where we have had on off snow for six months. I am sure we will be back!

Room Tip: don't bother with sea view/ground floor beachfront unless you have a baby and want to sit outsid...