“It would have been perfect without those noisy children” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Book Early & Save
Ranked #15 of 486 Hotels in Dubai
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“It would have been perfect without those noisy children”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

The hotel was wonderful as always, but all the families with children rather spoilt our stay! While all the rooms are perfectly furnished and have a lovely view of the garden/yacht harbour and are so sound-insulated that one does not hear one's neighbours, the children at breakfast and at the pool were a real nuisance. The food, cocktails down at the harbour as well as the massages were - as always - perfect, the hotel would be nice and quiet, as it is surrounded by water and the golf course. If it wasn't for those spoilt children who were really noisy and did not know how to behave and be quiet. The hotel might consider implementing a "no child policy" like other business and wellness hotels.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Traveler232009, Director of Sales at Park Hyatt Dubai, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear Reviewer, greetings from Park Hyatt Dubai!

We would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor!
Thank you for your positive comments regarding the rooms and gardens of the hotel. We have noted your comment for improvement which will be looked into further as we are constantly working on improving our guests experience at Park Hyatt Dubai.

Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Lebanon, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I am truly surprised at some of the TA ratings for this hotel, as other than two extremely minor glitches, our experience was phenomenal. Awesome. We wanted to be in Dubai during New Year's Eve timeframe -- but only 3 nights. After exploring MANY options (some of which had longer "minimum stays" and many of which also had massive $$ mandatory New Year's Eve Galas), we decided on the Park Hyatt Dubai. I can honestly say I wouldn't consider going anywhere else the next time and we really felt we lucked out. The location was PERFECT -- situated well for everything (Dubai is much more "sprawling" than I expected but easy to get around and traffic not a problem). As noted by other reviewers, it is truly an oasis in the middle of the metropolis, tucked in the Creek area surrounded by trees and golf course. I am so glad we weren't downtown! Rooms were enormous (we had two rooms, one of which was a triple with 3 separate beds for our teenage boys), beautifully appointed, huge bathrooms with best amenities, soaking tub, large shower, etc. and balconies overlooking the marina with the Burj Khalifa in the distance. Only issue was people had clearly smoked in one of our rooms -- so it was masked by "sanitizer" and then the smoke smell became apparent when the room spray dissipated (I can't stand either smell!), but that is more the fault of whomever selfishly smoked in a non-smoking room, not the fault of the hotel.

I couldn't disagree more with the person who was underwhelmed by the breakfast, having just come from another 5-star property which ended breakfast at 9am (crazy) -- breakfast that went til 11am at PHD with egg station, pancakes and waffles made to order, yogurts and 6 kinds of fresh juices (you don't see watermelon juice elsewhere very often), a huge fruit bar with papaya, berries, pineapple, melon and more, a different new "donut" every morning along with the standard pastry fare and pain au chocolat, even 2 kinds of croissants (whole wheat and reg), "European Station" with meats and cheeses and of course Arabic station as well ... the boys were in heaven. The only other breakfast that rivaled that in our minds was in an ultra-luxury property in Positano. We took breakfast outside every morning overlooking the marina, it was absolutely lovely.

I had a massage in the Amara Spa, and it was the best I've ever had. Period. (and I've had massages at some pretty incredible places!). I wish I'd had more time to enjoy the pre and post massage offerings too! One small issue afterwards with billing that was taken care of at the hotels' initiative. Unfortunately once we arrived at the hotel, we were unable to secure any other treatments, so I'd advise if you are interested in the Spa, book BEFORE you go (probably a few weeks in advance?). Its reputation clearly has it in great demand.

We did have a challenge getting around Dubai given that we were 5 people, as most taxis/cars only seated 4, but the PHD figured that out for us, and it was great to use the hotel's car service and just bill to the room rather than carry extra cash. The concierge even scored a last-minute dinner reservation for us on Dec 29th outside the Dancing Fountain and directly under the Burj. Wow! And on New Year's Eve -- yes VERY pricey, but its Dubai, and other options had been even pricier -- we decided to stay put in the room at the last minute as one of our boys was having stomach concerns, and room service was easy and quick. It was not an inexpensive stay especially with two rooms, but it was well worth it.

Final small notes -- don't order wine by the glass in the lounge, we have never seen smaller amounts poured (they maybe get 7 glasses out of each bottle?!) but we chalked that up to a non-drinking staff who just doesn't get it ... get wine by the bottle instead :). And we were exceptionally careful to bring "respectable" attire since our first time in UAE, yet most people at PHD were in sundresses, shorts, tank tops or sleeveless tops during the day ... my kids wanted to know why we were so conservative and no shorts or flip flops! For the city yes be observant of customs/attire, but at the hotel at least, it was not a problem to dress for the hot weather during the day.

Room Tip: cleanliness rating due to the smoke smell ... definitely ask to overlook marina and Burj!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Reviewer, greetings from Park Hyatt Dubai!
We would like to thank you for writing such a positive review on Tripadvisor!
Thank you for recognising Park Hyatt's product and food & beverage selection as well as the attentiveness and friendliness of our team. We will make sure that your comments are shared throughout the hotel.
Thank you also for your comments and points for improvement which will be carefully reviewed.
Hong Kong, China
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Firstly I would concur with others that the staff I was in contact with ahead of my stay were friendly and accommodating with all my requests. I had quite a few as I was travelling with a baby and all were met without question and in a timely manner. Secondly, I’d also strongly agree that the people who do the actual work (bell-hops, waiters, housekeeping, barmen, room-service) were superb. Genuinely warm and helpful. Thirdly, this was the only hotel I could find that did not have a mandatory New Years Eve party charge, and they should be commended for that. Also worth noting, I thought the location was superb (about half way to everything); the property is very quiet; and the Spa was excellent.

We checked in very early in the morning (about 3am) but I booked and paid for my rooms for an extra night to be sure they were ready on arrival (you don’t want to be stuck in a hotel lobby at 3am with a baby after a long flight!). The hotel picked us up from the airport, as a suite comes with a pick up. I had highlighted that we would need a big van as we had a lot of luggage plus pushchair; they only had cars, and they offered a second to take all the luggage in one go (more on this later). Check-in was friendly and efficient, and the bell hops were great. Straight to the rooms (I had a suite with a connecting room) and they were excellent. Superb view across the creek and onto Downtown (Burj Kahlifa). Suite was a great size, with two balconies, sitting area, separate WC, massive bedroom, lovely bathroom, massive tub, tons of towels, great amenities, loads of storage. And it goes on! The bed was super comfy, nice big TVs with great channel selection – and that view, wow! So, so far, so very, very good. Unfortunately that’s where the good stuff ended.

Breakfast was very ordinary quality. It is available until 11 which is great (kudos!), but really it was underwhelming. Not a great selection, with a few bits of western, middle eastern and Asian available. Eggs were made to order, but it was slightly chaotic actually getting them as there was only one egg chef (split across 2 levels). They say they’ll bring it over, but in reality you have to wait and watch them make it otherwise your order gets lost in the ether. The second morning was a total nadir. The hotel was jammed given the time of year, (fair enough) so we were moved to the Thai restaurant downstairs. Problem was again the service was badly organised, and it wasn’t through a lack of staff ( I counted at least 8). Plenty of empty tables but few were cleared of their previous occupants. It took 20 mins to get a cup of tea, and that’s only because I went to the actual station and wouldn’t leave until they poured it. Then had to wait 30 mins for more Nutella, as they had to ask the chef (?!?!). My omelette order disappeared, and when I went back it was actually done but they had run out of plates – I mean really this is not on for a 5* hotel charging holiday rates. They did apologise etc, but it didn’t really improve much over our stay.

And it went on. The Concierge team seemed to operate completely independently of both themselves and the hotel. I never spoke to the same person; I had to chase them for status updates on requests; some requests were either ignored or forgotten about (10 hours after one request, I had to explain it all over again); recommendations were poor (best place they could come with in Abu Dhabi for lunch, after 10 hours, was the Hyatt hotel there). It was actually stressful dealing with them. The coup D’ Grace was New Years Eve. They did, in fairness after a last minute request from me, got a tee time at the course in which the hotel is based (seems club totally separate from the hotel). Fine, good stuff. They also booked lunch Eau Zone at the One & Only in Jumeriah, which was to be our family New Year celebration (small baby so wasn’t going to get her up at midnight). It was comical from start to finish. First the golf ran over (my fault yes) but gave them plenty of notice. The concierge team, who had booked the restaurant, had to call me back to even confirm that i had a booking. Got to the One & Only 45 mins later (was told it was 15 min trip), and only then did the driver realise we were at the wrong one. He said the hotel told him this one, the concierge “team” said no the driver got it wrong. So another 30 min trip back to the actual one, only to discover that it close early for New Years, so even if we had been on time we would have only had 30 mins to eat. And despite what must’ve been, if what they are to be believed, at least 4 interactions on that day alone between the restaurant and the “team” no mentioned this little nugget. Astonishing. They did take the bill for this trip off (the least you’d expect) but they never told the driver this so he still handed me the bill to sign when I got back – I just laughed at him.

That same day, we asked for some balloons, streamers etc for New Years as we were just going to stay in the room and enjoy the view – “sure no problem” the concierge said. Five mins later – somebody else called back and said “oh we don’t have any actually”. So you have no balloons, streamers, silly hats etc on New Years Eve? And you are charging about US$500 per person for the New Years Dinner in your hotel hmmm. Another classic – do you have any bubble wrap for packing? “No sir”. Get to the reception desk – do you have any bubble wrap? “Yes sir here you go”.

Finally, (thankfully!) the check-out. No sign of any managers. No apologies at all for all the issues. The guy talked over me all the time – basically arguing with me and questioning my requests for more details on the bill. Left a real nasty taste. And, a nice parting gift – they extra car i was 'offered' for my luggage, they charged me AED200 for it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Reviewer, We would like to thank you for taking the time to address the inconveniences you have experienced during your stay at Park Hyatt Dubai during your recent stay. The management and guest servcies have been in contact with you directly to discuss the points mentioned in greater detail.
With kind regards
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

First, I would like to state that I will not be staying at the Park Hyatt Dubai until mid-February, so my review may change after my stay.

However, since I booked my room (Spa King) a couple weeks ago, the staff who have answered my email questions regarding special requests and questions have been phenomenal. They have responded back to me quicker than any other hotel I have stayed at before. They've been able to answer questions regarding restaurant reservations, guests in the rooms, laundry/dry cleaning services, room service, and respond to my request of a late check-out, if possible. If this is an indication of the customer service I will receive upon arrival, then I am impressed.

Needless to say, I will only be able to stay at the Park Hyatt Dubai for one night while I have a 30 hour layover in Dubai but I am already anxious for my one night and enjoying myself in one of the spa rooms.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Dear Reviewer, greetings from Park Hyatt Dubai!
We would like to thank you for writing such a positive review on Tripadvisor and we look forwad to welcoming you in mid February to our property!
With kind regards
Vienna, Austria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

I am staying right now in ph dubai. It is still very hot. Like a european summer. It is almost 30 degrees. The hotel is beautiful. It is like a little oasis in bustling dubai. Service is perfect. I have a king room with perfect view on the creek, but also to dubai downtown with the burj khalifa. Although the hotel is very nice i have to mention that the pool area is too small for this time of season. It is so crowded right now. And it is not easy to swim inside the pool. But the area is very nice...concernig the rooms, they are really big and the furniture is nice. Although the hotel seems a little bit outdated. To summarise it the hotel is very nice, but there is still room for improvement...

• Stayed December 2012
Dear Reviewer, greetings from Park Hyatt Dubai!

We would like to thank you for taking the time and writing a review on Tripadvisor and for the positive comments about the hotel’s set up, location, rooms and the attentiveness of our team! As you rightly pointed out, there are some areas for us to improve our product which we are currently looking into in order to improve further our guests experience.
We do hope that we will the the opportunity to welcome you back to Park Hyatt Dubai in the future.
With kind regards,

Brussels, Belgium
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

As you'd expect at a Hyatt, very comfortable rooms, efficient, friendly service and pleasant dining/bar areas. The corporate rate we paid was very reasonable and it's very convenient for the airport. Just a few issues - why do Hyatt hotels always seem to have such complicated showers? It took what seemed an eternity to figure out how to get a strong, hot shower - the taps weren't self-explanatory and the system wasn't explained in the hotel guide. I also has to summon help to increase the strength of the air conditioning. And one final thing, the signage could be better to help you get from rooms to the lobby. The lift tells you which floor to get too, but then you're abandoned - and it's a big hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Reviewer, greetings from Park Hyatt Dubai!
We would like to thank you for taking the time and writing a review on Tripadvisor!
We appreciate your positive comments about the hotel’s location, rooms and the attentiveness of our team! We will make sure that your comments are shared throughout the hotel.
However and as you rightly pointed out, there are some areas for us to improve our product which have been noted and will be looked into.
We do hope that we will have the chance to welcome you back to Park Hyatt Dubai in a future visit.
With kind regards,
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

As one of the most exciting destinations in the world, Dubai has consistently been on the travel itineraries of both the wealthy and business elite around the globe. As such, it can be understood why some of the best hotels in the world call this Emirate home. With ratings with so many stars, that distant galaxies find themselves jealous, these hotels are TRULY the best in the world. Having been to Dubai several times, many years ago, this was my first stay at the Dubai Park Hyatt. To put things in perspective, I am Hyatt Diamond member, who was a Platinum at the time of my stay, as such I will cover from my check in, to check out.

The reservation process was done through the Hyatt.com website. I originally booked a standard king room, but upon arrival, made the decision to upgrade to a "Spa Suite." The entire staff, was not only friendly, and knowledgeable, but always eager to help. I have learned over time, that the heart and soul of many hotels, are not just the management and desk staff, but really the support staff. The bell hops, the room service, house keeping, even the pool and spa attendees, really help you feel what the "culture" is at hotel. The bell staff that carried my luggage to the room was very pleasant to talk to.

As we went to the room, I could not help but to be struck by the attention to detail that is all over the property. From the wood accents, nature paths in the gardens, art work around the hotel, even the classic clock that is by the vanity sink in the room, the details were well pronounced. The addressed, hand-written welcome letter from the manager in the room was a great touch that is often looked over in this day of electronic communication. I loved the the fact that there was a bowl of fruit and individual brew coffee and teas that was ready, and welcomed after such a long travel day.

The entire property has rooms that all face the Dubai Creek as well as the beautiful Dubai skyline. As I stood out on the balcony of my room, I learned that if the traffic in Dubai is too much for you, you can get to the hotel via seaplane. Walking around the hotel, makes me not want to call this property a hotel at all, but in essence a resort!

The spa suite was every bit as relaxing as can be, with my only request would be some aroma therapy oils for use and maybe a way to have some music either available to be piped in, whether via iPod connection or remotely. There may have been something and I might have just simply overlooked it.

As far as dining, I did breakfast during my stay at one of the restaurants on the property. While set up as a buffet, the availability of cooked to order items, added a very sophisticated touch. Belgian waffles, Eggs Benedict, smoked salmon and other items were included. The juices are as fresh as can be. The view from the terrace, overlooking the bay is absolutely AMAZING!

One evening, I did go down by the Marina to have a meal. I tend to eat dessert first, and just LOVED how the presentation of the cheesecake arrived. The beer was as cold as can be, and the meal was great. The only drawback was the calamari, which happens more times than not, was probably 30 seconds to a minute over cooked and had a slight rubbery texture. Other than that, everything was great.

Getting around Dubai can be a bit tricky. While you can get metered city cabs to come and pick you up, the hotel has their own cab service which are truly limousine quality. Large SUVs and luxury sedans are available at a moment's notice. My only caution to you, is that it is better to arrange directly with the hotel any pickup times and locations than with the driver. I was charged for almost 2 hours of "waiting" by a driver that was to pick me up at the mall across the highway from the hotel, which takes less than 5 minutes to get to. I noticed this on checkout, and the hotel staff was gracious in removing the charge. In the future, I will just have the hotel send me a car.

And I do stress, "IN THE FUTURE," because I plan for the Park to be one of my regular stops when traveling through Dubai. Close to the airport, and right on one of the best golf courses in the world, this property will be one of my favorites. The beds are comfortable, rooms are EXCEPTIONALLY clean with little to no dust anywhere (IN THE DESERT!).

If I was a Hyatt executive, I would push to make this property one of the FEATURE properties world wide. While I have spent several nights in the Andaz properties, this Park property rivals them in many ways.

In closing, I do want to add. When I first went to Dubai some 10 years ago, in my twenties, I enjoyed the thriving and exciting night life that the Dubai had to offer. Whether it was out in town or at the local hotels, the party always seemed to never stop. Now, when I go to my hotels, it is to get away from the noise and action and to rest. The weekend that I was at this property, I believe their occupancy was in the neighborhood of about 96%. Yet, the property was amazingly quite, with only the sound of birds throughout most of the day.

Thank you to the staff of the Park Hyatt Dubai for making this trip memorable.

Leighton DaCosta
Photographer

Room Tip: All rooms face the water and have a balcony or patio. I prefer to be on higher floors, and if possib...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Reviewer, greetings from Park Hyatt Dubai!

We would like to thank you for writing such a positive review on Tripadvisor!
Thank you for recognising Park Hyatt's product in such great detail and please rest assured that all your comments have been taken under consideration. We will make sure that your comments are shared throughout the hotel andt the positive ratings you gave us on Tripadvisor are greatly appreciated and we hope we have the opportunity to be at your service again in the near future.

Please contact me directly at angela.christodoulopoulou@hyatt.com before your next stay at Park Hyatt Dubai, as I would like to take the opportunity to meet you personally and thank you for your encouraging comments.

Director of Sales & Marketing

Been to Park Hyatt Dubai? Share your experiences!