“Incredible property, spectatular spa, faultless staff” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Book Early & Save
Ranked #13 of 474 hotels in Dubai
Dallas, Texas
“Incredible property, spectatular spa, faultless staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

The Park Hyatt Dubai must truly be one of the best Hyatt properties in the World. Nestled in a lush area by the Creek (with private golf course and marina), this hotel is nicely landscaped in an understated, Middle Eastern way. I have never slept at this property but I tried the shisha lounge - great flavors and tasty mezzes - and the Amana spa. I was particularly impressed by the latter, with its well-trained staff, superb massages, well-equipped and pleasant gym featuring Technogym equipment, relaxing and pleasant pool, and superior locker rooms. Next time I will in Dubai, I will definitely stay at this property that really impressed me overall.

Room Tip: Treat yourself with a massage at Amana.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Park Hyatt D, Director of Sales at Park Hyatt Dubai, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Dear Reviewer, greetings from Park Hyatt Dubai!
Thank you for recognising Park Hyatt's and its Food & beverage and Amara Spa as well as the attentiveness and friendliness of our team. We will make sure that your comments are shared throughout the hotel.
We do hope that on your next visit to Dubai we will have the opportunity to welcome you to Park Hyatt.

695 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Checked in for one night in the spa suite with access to the garden and the creek. The room was well proportioned and included a private steam room which was lots of fun when we figured out how to use it.

We used the Amara spa and then dined at Traiteur and the experience was exceptionally good.

There were a few hiccups; guest services forgot to have a bouquet of flowers which I'd ordered waiting for us in our room and an unseasonably long time before anyone answered a phone but we decided to give them the benefit of the doubt being our first over night stay here and put this down to high capacity at the hotel. The Terrace where we stopped at for a aperatif before heading down to dinner was wrapping up their Friday brunch and you had the usual crowd of loud, boorish stragglers who were so raucous that we couldn't hear ourselves talk.

That said, I should re-emphasize that overall impression was that when you were in the hands of the staff they were extremely warm and will go the extra mile to fulfill almost any request (within reason) and the only reason this isn't getting an excellent rating is because of the delays reaching someone (the noisy bunch at the Terrance could certainly never be the hotels fault).

All in all, a wonderful weekend and we will certainly be coming back for more.

Room Tip: Ask for the spa suite room on the ground floor which opens out to the gardens and the walkway along...
Dear Reviewer, greetings from Park Hyatt Dubai!
We would like to thank you for taking the time and writing a review on Tripadvisor!
We appreciate your positive comments about the hotel’s room product and the attentiveness of our team! We will make sure that your comments are shared throughout the hotel.
However and as you rightly pointed out, there are some areas for us to improve our product and please note that we will take your comments under serious consideration.

We look forward to having the opportunity to welcoming you back to Park Hyatt Dubai.
with kind regards
Kuwait City, Kuwait
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

My recent business trip to Dubai was rather unpleasant and disapointing. That being said, the hotel was gracious enough to respond to my guest feedback form and therein offered a potential solution to remidy the faults I had listed. I cannot confirm the effectiveness of the resulting outcome, however it is promising and therefore warrants some credit, details of which I will elude to at the end.

The start of the trip was okay, however the cracks in the hotel chain of communication began right from the start. I was in the process of checking in when I proceeded to ask for a swift pressing service to rejuvinate my suit after travelling. My suit was taken away and I was told that it would be ready within 30 minutes. I made it quite clear for the necessity to stick to the timings as my meeting was taking place within one hour from that time. To cutr a long story short, 45 minutes passed and despite numerous attempts to ascertain the exact whereabouts of my suit from the reception staff, no one seemed to know and all I was told was that the suit was in transit between the reception, the house keeping and my room. Funnily enough, the suit had been in the room the whole time. One might ask why I didn't check in the first place. The answer to that is due to the fact that I was staying in room 4308. That means that I was in the farthest reaches of the vast hotel grounds, therein constituting a 10-15 minute walk to and from the reception.

I was finally able to make the meeting with minutes to spare. We were sat on the first terrace overlooking the marina and by 1730hrs, the drunk expats started rolling in their droves, some of whom almost caused serious injury to themselves whilst attempting to negotiate the long stairwell to the marina bar. Suffice to say, this was not remotely reminiscent of the Dubai I was used to, rather more so of the 'lagerlout' Magaluf I have heard of...

To add insult to injury, the hotel paying guests were subjected to the increased projected vulgarity from the drunkards walking in off the street and making great use of the alcohol at the bar. I was trying to enjoy my glass of red wine with my meal, however the tranquility was regularly interrupted by the free use of swearing and sexual connotations from several areas in the restaurant area. So much so, that at one point a random man got on the stage and began to sing an inebriated rendition of Rod Stewart's 'If you think I'm sexy' whilst exposing his rotund stomach to the increasingly excitable leather skinned 'cougars' dispersed amongst the dining area like hungry lionesses on the prowl. I ended my meal as fast as possible in order to get out the way. I was disapointed as I had specifically chosen a 5 star hotel in order to avoid the usual ramblings on of hotels at the lower end of the scale. I guess one really shouldn't judge a book by its cover.

I could spend a while listing the faults with the hotel from the rooms, the internet connection and the general hotel facilities/grounds, however this would probably not be fair. Mainly due to the fact that I only spent one night at the hotel. Perhaps this was the worst night of them all and I happened to land in the thick of it all. I always try to remain objective and therefore decided to afford the hotel a chance to redeem themselves.

I received an e-mail requesting my time to complete the customer satisfaction servay. I did so, and therein gladly listed the plethora of flaws. To be honest, I did not expect them to read it, let alone act upon it. I was pleasantly surprised to receive a response from the head of hospitality with a very fair gesture of good will as a means to redeem themselves. As expected, the usual apologise were made and I am intrigued to see if they will follow through on their suggested 'solution'.

That being said, I would highly recommend that you consider the following prior to booking with this alleged 5 star hotel.

1) The rooms are spread throughout the hotel on a very large footprint.

2) The 3rd floor is the main/entry floor level, therefore worth considering as the only room option for any disabled guests.

3) Although intermitent, the internet on the grounds is free, however this is not the case for the rooms. Paying guests must pay an additional charge for the 'privilege'.

5) The rooms are not value for money and most certainly do not reflect what you would expect to get in return. Especially in a 5 star hotel.

4) The hotel is worth your while for a short overnight stay, however I highly recommend you consider alternative 5 star hotels for prolonged periods of stay.

5) Be aware of 'Brunch Fridays'. This is the day the embarrassingly drunk expats decide to tarnish the reputation of the rest of us expats...

Room Tip: Be prepared to walk for quite a distance if situated away from the central entry point. Either way...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Reviewer,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to address the inconvenience you have experienced during your stay at Park Hyatt Dubai during your recent stay.
We will be taking all your comments into consideration for our future improvement plans and we do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Park Hyatt Dubai for a much better stay experience.
With kind regards,

Mombasa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Several times I stayed in the Hotel just for a break between flights but this time my husband and I spent a few days in the Hotel and we just loved it.
Conveniently situated near the Airport and also not far from the city center it is the nicest city hotel I know. Although the hotel is huge, thanks to the setting with several courtyards and buildings it gives the impression of an Arabic settlement and it never feels crowded.
The view from each room towards the creek and the city with the burj Khalifa is stunning..
The entire staff is extremely helpful, competent and friendly. The service is outstanding.
The breakfast is excellent; no better way to start the day.
The rooms are spacious and well equipped, the bathrooms are stylish, my favourit is the shower!

Dear Reviewer, greetings from Park Hyatt Dubai!

We would like to thank you for writing such a positive review on Tripadvisor!
Thank you for recognising Park Hyatt's location, room product and food & beverage selection as well as the attentiveness and friendliness of our team. The positive ratings you gave us on Tripadvisor are greatly appreciated and we hope we have the opportunity to be at your service again in the near future.
Looking forward to welcoming you back soon and kind regards,

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Stayed 3 nights for a quick vacation in Dubai. Overall the accommodations are excellent with ample bath amenities, walk in steam shower, wood floorings, and balcony overlooking the creek. Free internet is available in the public areas with excellent coverage and speed. Hotel is within a 15 minute walk of the City Center Metro Station with access to all of Dubai on the Red line. Hotel exterior is currently being painted with work being completed around December 10.
Hotel has a great breakfast with daily in house baked items including pastries, breads, and nan.

Room Tip: Ask for room overlooking creek but away from Seawings landing and boarding area.
Dear Reviewer, greetings from Park Hyatt Dubai!
Thank you for recognising Park Hyatt's convenient location and room product
We do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Park Hyatt Dubai in the near future.
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for about a week on a business trip. It is a very nice and private location on a marina and golf course. Everything is a taxi ride. The hotel car service was reasonably priced and we used it most of the time. The rooms are large and very well equipped with a very comfortable king bed, work desk and large TV. The bathrooms are especially nice with separate shower, soaking tub, separate toilet and double sink. As someone else mentioned, the furnishings are beginning to show their age a bit. The hotel restaurant is great for breakfast, expensive, but great selection, preparation and service. The spa and exercise facilities are top shelf. I found service at the hotel to be very good.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Reviewer, greetings from Park Hyatt Dubai!
Thank you for recognising Park Hyatt's convenient location, room product, spa area as well as the food & beverage selection.
We will make sure that your comments are taken into consideration and your feedback will be shared throughout the hotel. We do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Park Hyatt in the future.
MUMBAI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Whatever I write about this property is not enough, right from the time we checked in to our check out after 4 days, I DID NOT SEE one sulky face nor a unhelpful staff and I wonder why this property has name tags on themselves, they should proudly call each and every one of the staff with the words " YES! I CAN "...............such amazing staff, so courteous and so helpful, we have only 1 word to say, if you haven't stayed at the Park Hyatt Dubai, you sure have missed something brilliant. The staff at the reception checked us into a room which was amazing and since it was room for a couple and had no division between the bedroom and bathroom and we were accompanied by my 14 yr old daughter, they agreed to change us into a bigger, better and more spacious room, since that room was not ready , we were allowed to use the earlier room even though we had checked in way before stipulated time, after making us happy and settled into our new room they also sent us a Thankyou for your patience WINE bottle, which was uncalled for, the staff at the restaurants, the pool side, the beakfast table, the spa, the gym , the housekeeping, all were so prompt and so smiley, I have made up my mind i shall go back and stay at this property again and again and again.............CHEERS TO THE TEAM.................simply put MIND-BLOWING..............this place is a welcome change from the high rises of Dubai, choose this place to stay anyday than 1 of these high rises, infact we stayed 3 ngts here and 2 ngts at Sofitel Jumeirah, and I fell bad saying this to the Sofitel team, you have a long way to get to Park Hyatt standards, actually its not sofitel fault its the amazing Park Hyatt to blame

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Reviewer, greetings from Park Hyatt Dubai!

We would like to thank you for writing such a positive review on Tripadvisor!
Thank you for recognising Park Hyatt's attentiveness and friendliness of our team. We will make sure that your comments are shared throughout the hotel. The positive ratings you gave us on Tripadvisor are greatly appreciated and we hope we have the opportunity to be at your service again in the near future.
Please contact me directly at angela.christodoulopoulou@hyatt.com before your next stay at Park Hyatt Dubai, as I would like to take the opportunity to meet you personally and thank you for your encouraging comments.
Looking forward to welcoming you back soon and kind regards,

Director of Sales & Marketing

Been to Park Hyatt Dubai? Share your experiences!