“Nice hotel in a good location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Al Murooj Rotana

Save Saved
You added Al Murooj Rotana to your Saves list
Al Murooj Rotana
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Al Saffa St. | PO Box 117546, Dubai 117546, United Arab Emirates   |
Ranked #52 of 475 hotels in Dubai
Switzerland
“Nice hotel in a good location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

The hotel is well located downtown, next to the Burj Khalifa and the Dubai Mall (walking distance). The rooms are large, clean and nicely furnished. The staff was very friendly at the front desk, the pool and the restaurants. The pool is very nice and has a view on the Burj Khalifa. In short, a very good stay in a nice luxurious hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
UAndorff, Executive Assistant Manager at Al Murooj Rotana, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Dear Valued Traveller,

I am very pleased to read your positive review from your recent stay with us at Al Murooj Rotana Dubai.
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and recommend our hotel on TripAdvisor.

With delight I read that you have been overall impressed with the quality of our hotel and service.
Your kind comments will serve as an added inspiration to consistently maintain the high standards
which you have experienced during your stay with us.

I do hope you will return to Dubai in the near future and look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to Al Murooj Rotana.

668 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Dubai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

The staff at Al Murooj Rotana was as good as any hotel I have stayed at in my travelling. I can't honestly say that have have any complaint. The location of this hotel is perfect with easy access to many Dubai activities. The Burj Khalifa complex is just across the street. Don't miss the night water fountain shows at the Burj Khalifa

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

UAndorff, Executive Assistant Manager at Al Murooj Rotana, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear Mr. James Henry,

Thank you very much for your very positive review of your recent holiday with us at Al Murooj Rotana Dubai.
I am happy to read about your experience with our hotel facilities and especially the attentive service throughout.

I appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences and recommending us on TripAdvisor and look forward to welcoming you back to Al Murooj Rotana Dubai in the future.

Poznan, Poland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

AL MUROOJ ROTANA hotel
Is a well located, close to Burj Kalifa, walking distance to The Dubai Mall and the airport too. The hotel is quite luxury with efficient service. The room I have had was broad and clean.
For my European taste, the food should be more diversified. During 4 days, actually all tasted the same and wasn't too much alternatives. Just boring. Further all the rest was OK and anyway I can recommend this hotel for short business visit in Dubai.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Valued Traveler,

I regret that the variety of dishes in our all day dining restaurant did not fully find your agreement. Be assured that I will discuss this with our culinary team for assessment. At the same time I am sad that you obviously did not try our Indian Specialty Restaurant Zaika or our British Pub Restaurant Double Decker. I am certain that these 2 restaurants would have offered a tasty change.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

Have visited the Al Marooj on several occasions in the past -mostly the buffets at Pergolas. Tonight was the seafood night -and it certainly was! Our guests were amazed at the buffet on offer with a great selection of seafood including bbq'd lobster and prawn. Service was great -we were well looked after (as we have been at all Rotanas)

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

This was my second stay at this hotel and won't be the last. I was greeted by Saif at the reception when we arrived who was very helpful as were all the staff! They have been trained very well and saw to my requests immediately which made my stay very comfortable. I want to thank you soooo much for the kindness shown to me, my family and friends, hopefully you will show us more of the same when we come back in a few months. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Dubai as it's almost perfect in every way including the convenience of the location. Look forward to seeing you next time :)

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Mr. Mohammad,

With delight I read that you and your friends were impressed with the quality of our hotel and service.
Your gracious comments will serve as an added inspiration to consistently maintain the high standards
which you have experienced during your stay with us.

In particular I wish to thank you for mentioning Saif for his excellent guest service skills and
be assured that your feedback will be shared with the entire team.

Perth, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

This was my first stay at this hotel and generally speaking it did not disappoint. Check-in was friendly and efficient. I requested a view of the pool but because I was only on the 3rd floor the view of the pool itself was obscured by the pergola, however the view of the Burj Kalifa and the gardens surrounding the pool more than compensated.

The room was clean, a good size, large window with balcony, desk with chair, armchair, coffee table, good size TV, mini bar, and tea/coffee supplies. Bathroom very clean and well equipped apart from some very minor mould staining on grout behind the shower.

The bed was amazing, best hotel bed I have ever slept in! Feather soft pillows, cloud like duvet and mattress that was both supportive and ultra comfortable. ( Possibly memory foam topped) The room itself was generally quiet however when the balcony doors were opened the noise from the air conditioning units on the rooftop below was quite intrusive.

The pool area as a whole was pleasant enough however if you sit facing the pool there is no actual 'greenery' or plants to be seen as the garden itself is behind you and you look onto the reflective windows behind the pool which happen to have quite ugly looking stain marks on them. The pool itself was large and pleasantly warm and the jacuzzi located inside near the gym in a separate room was very nice.

The staff, as mentioned in other reviews are first class. Always available to help and assist. Everyone from the pool/spa staff, to the room attendants and front desk I found most professional.

Location is excellent if you do not mind a short walk. Ten minutes over 2 (busy) roads both with controlled crossing signs will see you in Dubai Mall which has access to the trains. However if you want to take a taxi cost is approx 10 dirham.

Room Tip: If you want to see the actual pool itself you need to be higher than 3rd floor but even 3rd floor on...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
UAndorff, Executive Assistant Manager at Al Murooj Rotana, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

I am happy to read about your experience with our hotel facilities and services. It is very pleasing to read how much
you have enjoyed your time with us.

forward to welcoming you back to Al Murooj Rotana Dubai in the future.

Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

I stayed four nights at Al Murooj Rotana Hotel in Dubai last week. The hotel was the site of an international conference I attended, held in very well-equipped conference facilities, and outstandingly well catered by the hotel.
The hotel has a very large garden and swimming pool facilities, where a dinner was catered one evening of the conference.
The hotel is well located; in the business district of Dubai, very close to the large shopping center.
I had a very comfortable room, which was spotlessly maintained during my stay.
My only negative points about the room are that the window overlooked a massive construction site across from the hotel, and that room service was not done until mid-afternoon.
The bed was comfortable, the flat-screen tv worked well, and the bathroom facilities were very good.
My hotel booking included buffet breakfast. There was a very wide range of everything one might want to eat, including many well-prepared regional dishes. The buffet was attractively presented across several display tables, seating was very comfortable and service was attentive.
Seating is available inside, and on an outdoor terrace overlooking the garden area.
I took the hotel van to the airport. I was surprised and irritated that the driver was very assertive about asking for additional payment.

Room Tip: A room that overlooks the very large and attractive garden and pool would be a plus.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
UAndorff, Executive Assistant Manager at Al Murooj Rotana, responded to this review, April 13, 2014
Dear Valued Traveler,

Thank you also for especially praising our culinary offers and be assured that it will be shared with our culinary team.

which you have experienced during your stay with us.

Your feedback about the driver who dropped you at the airport will be investigated and assessed. Please accept our
apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,

Executive Assistant Manager

Been to Al Murooj Rotana? Share your experiences!