“Perfect introduction to Dubai” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Al Murooj Rotana

Save Saved
You added Al Murooj Rotana to your Saves list
Al Murooj Rotana
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Al Saffa St. | PO Box 117546, Dubai 117546, United Arab Emirates   |
Ranked #53 of 477 hotels in Dubai
“Perfect introduction to Dubai”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

We recently had a 2 night stop over in Dubai we had never been there before and decided to make the most of it. My husband myself and 2 children aged 11 and 9 booked a 2 bedroom apartment. It was the best introduction to Dubai ever the hotel was amazing and I can't praise the staff enough. They were so friendly and no request was too much.... Thank you we will be back and with a longer stay because of the experience you gave us....

• Stayed September 2013
UAndorff, Executive Assistant Manager at Al Murooj Rotana, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your very positive review of your recent holiday with us at Al Murooj Rotana Dubai.

I am happy to read about your experience with our hotel facilities and services. It is very pleasing to read how much you have enjoyed your time with us. Thank you also for emphasizing the outstanding attentiveness and friendliness of our colleagues. Please be assured that your kind comment will be shared with them.

I appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences and recommending us on TripAdvisor and look forward to welcoming you back to Al Murooj Rotana Dubai in the future.

677 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Halifax, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

We stayed here on way home for a couple of days. Location was excellent for shops. Also couldn't have asked for better service. From moment we checked in, to the detail in the room to the concierge service all were great.

We had upgraded & mugs thank the drivers for their first class pick up/drop off service also which nice way to start & end trip. This upgrade also gave us access to the lounge @ the top which nice way to relax with a drink before going out.

We only had breakfast which set us is for a days shopping. Just shine throw from the mall & great view of Bhurj Khalifa also.
Thanks to all for helping make the end of our honeymoon special.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
UAndorff, Executive Assistant Manager at Al Murooj Rotana, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I am very pleased to read your positive review from your recent stay with us at Al Murooj Rotana Dubai on your special occasion. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and recommend our hotel on TripAdvisor.

With delight I read that you have been overall impressed with the quality of our hotel and service. Your gracious comments will serve as an added inspiration to consistently maintain the high standards which you have experienced during your stay with us.

I do hope you will return to Dubai in the near future and look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to Al Murooj Rotana.

Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

I stayed in this hotel first week of November 2013 and what a majestic stay it was.

I booked online and requested a room with a commanding view of Burj Kalafia. Never did I imagine that I would get a top floor (14th) room!!

From the moment I checked in, I was blown away with the exceptional care that I received from this hotel.

I had lost my mobile phone on an Emerates flight into Dubai. I told concierge of this and they commenced calls to the airport, trying to locate it for me during my three night stay. Unfortunately they could not locate it via phone; but when I checked out on my last day I went to Lost and Found at Dubai airport prior to my departure and found it! But the fact is that they tried and I am so grateful for that.

The actual hotel is majestic from the time you walk in. The amazing flower arrangement in the foyer was simply stunning! The location is brilliant as its opposite Dubai Mall (much better than Mall of Emerates in my opinion) and can be accessed via pedestrian crossings.

The only minor downside is the wifi situation. Unfortunately it is free in the Club Room (which closes at midnight). The location of the Club Room wasn't an issue for me as my room was down the corridor but Im a bit of a night owl and would have liked access to free wifi after midnight (and in the rooms)!

I really must thank the really tall guy (Asst Director of Concierge?); Erica (from reception) and the staff in the 14th floor Club Room for helping me end my three month journey in such fashion.

Room Tip: Pay the extra and go for an upgrade!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
UAndorff, Executive Assistant Manager at Al Murooj Rotana, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I am very pleased to read your positive review from your recent stay with us at Al Murooj Rotana Dubai.

With delight I read that you have been overall impressed with the quality of our hotel and service. I am glad that you
especially enjoyed the benefits of our Club Rotana.

which you have experienced during your stay with us. Thank you also for your kind feedback about some of our
team members and be assured that your praise will be shared with them.

Hampshire, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

We had a very spacious apartment (ready for us at 9.00am, non smoking and overlooking the pool area) - 2 beds, 3 baths and a large fully equipped kitchen - not that we used the kitchen for more than a coffee (provided) as the Reception threw in Breakfast at check in - very nice touch. Breakfasts were lovely.

Yes, the hairdryer was poor but we left a note for housekeeping and a handheld one was there when we got back in the evening - great service.

Our Apartment overlooked the Double Decker pub and we had no trouble using their WiFi :o) !!

The hotel grounds were lovely. We used the hotel pool as it was never difficult to find a sun lounger and the staff there were great. We could also have used the Residents pool which was only really used at the weekend.

Apart from Breakfast in Pergolas we ate at pool bar, Double Decker and the Indian (Zaika). All were good with the Indian having a lovely setting outside on the terrace.

All the staff we came across were very helpful, friendly and truly welcoming. A special mention has to go the suites concierge, JoJo, and other front desk staff who, prior to our stay, arranged a car and driver/guide to take us to Abu Dhabi for the day. We had a great day and JoJo provided fantastic service throughout our stay.

Al Murooj may not be as fancy as some of the very new hotels, but for us it was perfect. Great location, great service both before and during our stay and fantastic value for money. Thank you for a great stay. We will definitely be back

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool are quieter. Rooms opposite the Double Decker are noisy on Friday Brunch...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
UAndorff, Executive Assistant Manager at Al Murooj Rotana, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

With great pleasure we read about your experience with our Suites facilities and services. It is very pleasing
to read how much you have enjoyed your time with us. Thank you also for recommending the attentiveness
and efficiency of our colleagues which is highly appreciated.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences and recommending us on TripAdvisor. Already today we look forward to welcoming you back to Al Murooj Rotana Dubai in the future.

Dundee, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

A lovely hotel in a great location. Staff very helpful and polite. We had a premium club room which is a great size but shower poor and the hair dryer fixed in the bathroom - not good. The internet connection is also poor. The pool is lovely and never any problem getting a bed. The guys at the pool can't do enough for you. Situated within walking distance from the Dubai mall and fantastic views of the burj khalifa. Would recommend but take your own hair dryer!

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room facing the pool as the other side can be quite noisy. Watch for smoking and...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
UAndorff, Executive Assistant Manager at Al Murooj Rotana, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your review from your recent stay with us at Al Murooj Rotana Dubai and recommendation on TripAdvisor.

We are glad to learn that in general you enjoyed your stay with us and are pleased that especially our colleagues
provided you with attentive service. Please be assured that we will share your kind feedback with our team members.

Your comment in regards to the hairdryer being fixed in the bathroom as well as in regards to our internet services
will be assessed. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused.

We do hope you will return to Dubai in the near future and look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to Al Murooj Rotana.

Kind regards,

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

I keep returning because Al Murooj Rotana never disappoint.
The club rooms are clean and fully functional. The housekeeping staff are meticulous, and other. staff have been very helpful.

Furthermore, it is just across the road from world's largest shopping mall, the Dubai Mall.

Room Tip: Club rooms are good, and it could be better if it faces the pools side.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
UAndorff, Executive Assistant Manager at Al Murooj Rotana, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your very positive review of your recent stay with us at Al Murooj Rotana Dubai.
At the same time, thank you for your continuous loyalty.

It is very pleasing to read that much you always enjoy staying with us and that you especially like our
Club Rotana Rooms inclusive facilities.

and look forward to welcoming you back to Al Murooj Rotana Dubai in the future.

melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

The service from the time we stepped into the hotel to our checkout was exceptional. Every staff were totally service oriented, attentive and have great awareness of their customers' needs. It was my first time in a Rotana-chain hotel and was totally impressed. The only other hotel that had impressed us was the Oriental in Thailand so Al Murooj, you deserved a pat on the back. Breakfast was bountiful & the fresh fruits were great. We were in the club room & were able to have the awesome canapés & drinks. The only drawback is having to pay for the wifi unless you are in a club room. Location is ideal as it is just opposite the Dubai mall and too far from the airport. We will definitely choose this hotel the next time we are in Dubai.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

which you have experienced during your stay with us.

Executive Assistant Manager

Been to Al Murooj Rotana? Share your experiences!