“Relaxing Trip” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Al Murooj Rotana

Save Saved
You added Al Murooj Rotana to your Saves list
Al Murooj Rotana
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Al Saffa St. | PO Box 117546, Dubai 117546, United Arab Emirates   |
Ranked #50 of 475 hotels in Dubai
Beirut
“Relaxing Trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Al Murooj Rotana Hotel was recommended by a friend. I arrived on May 9 before 12:00 noon.
The staff at the reception were very friendly, and offered me coffee while I'm waiting.
I left my luggage and walked to Dubai Mall. When I came back my room was ready. A big comfortable room with a balcony, coffee, tea and a small bottle of water are for free. The fridge is full.
They have a nice swimming pool, fitness room, and SPA.
The Financial Center Metro as well as Dubai Mall Metro are near the hotel. Taxi's are available all the time, whether the hotel taxi or Dubai taxi.
The wifi is not available for free. This is not acceptable in a good hotel, internet access is a must for all.
On my arrival, the hotel had some problems with their water pipes, and they had to cut the water for 2 hours, I had a letter in my room from the Assistant Director of Front Office apologizing for the inconvenience, and asking if I require alternative options, which I did not need at the time, and knew later that they have the Al Murooj Suites adjoining the hotel and we can use their facilities.
All the staff: front desk, concierge, room cleaners, spa, all are very friendly, helpful and with a smiling face.
I liked the hotel, liked the room, liked the location, and I will definitely stay at Al Murooj Rotana again.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the Gardens are beautiful and relaxing.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
HHachem, General Manager at Al Murooj Rotana, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your very positive review of your recent stay with us at Al Murooj Rotana Dubai.

With great pleasure we read of your experience with our facilities and services and for choosing our Hotel among the many options available in our surrounding. It is very pleasing to read how much you have enjoyed your time with us.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences and recommending us on TripAdvisor and look forward to welcoming you back to Al Murooj Rotana Dubai in the future.

674 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel in December last year for one night only but the experience with this hotel is getting me back their first week of June this year. I simply loved the fact how smooth and pleasant was the check-in and check-out process, the staff was super courteous and ready to help at all times. The room was very spacious and cozy/comfortable. Decor of the room was very modern and elegant and had a personal touch (you'll see a welcome message with your name when you turn on the tv). The hotel services were great too and I must compliment the breakfast, it was simply fan-tastic. The location of the hotel was ideal for me as I could simply walk to the Dubai mall and world of activities was open to me.

I would conclude the review by saying that its truly a five star hotel but wold like to request the management for free wifi service during the stay as it is a must these days. Can I expect to get a complimentary wifi service in room as a returning customer when I check-in on 3rd June? We'll see :)

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
HHachem, General Manager at Al Murooj Rotana, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Dear Mr. Ali,

With much pleasure we read your positive review from your recent stay with us at Al Murooj Rotana Dubai. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and recommend our hotel on TripAdvisor.

With delight we learnt that you were overall impressed with the quality of our hotel and service. Your gracious comments will serve as an added inspiration to consistently maintain the high standards which you have experienced during your stay with us. Your comment in regards to our internet services is noted and will be assessed.

Already today we look forward to welcoming you back in the beginning of June to Al Murooj Rotana Dubai and assure you our utmost attention.
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

First of all, I will be clear, the only thing that really sets this place back is the service. It's too inconsistent and annoying, one moment you're dealing with someone who is customer centric, the next you are dealing with someone who struggles to think or has no idea.

Rooms great, buffet breakfast great.

Good location especially those who love Dubai Mall and mins from Burj Khalifa.

Lift the Service standards, and this place would be a 4 out of 5 without a doubt

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr. Nick,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback following your recent stay at Al Murooj Rotana Dubai on TripAdvisor.

We are glad that in general you enjoyed the hotel’s facilities as well as the location. However, we are concerned to read your comment about our services and would appreciate if you can elaborate on your experience and forward to us via email almurooj.hotel@rotana.com. Please accept our sincere apologies for expectations not met and thank you in advance for your valued feedback. Our goal is not only to meet but even extend our guests’ expectations.

Looking forward to hearing from you, we remain with kind regards
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights over the weekend to enjoy the Double Decker pub Brunch. Check in was quick and easy and they gave me an extra hour to check out until 1pm. The hotel is of a high standard, rooms are big and comfortable, well stocked mini bar and nice bathroom.

The pool is nice but food service is very slow. The hotel only sells Pepsi and no coke which is a really small issue but puts me personally off staying again and the wifi is charged which I don't think is reasonable in this day and age for a 5* hotel.

Overall this is a very nice hotel but has more of business feel than relaxation. The Double Decker Pub is great and highly recommend the Friday brunch!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
HHachem, General Manager at Al Murooj Rotana, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your recent weekend stay to Al Murooj Rotana Dubai on TripAdvisor.

We are glad to learn that in general you enjoyed your stay at Al Murooj Rotana and that you appreciated the fast check-in and extended check-out. Thank you also for recommending our sumptuous Friday’s brunch in our Double Decker Pub which is very much liked by residents and hotel guests alike. Your comments in regards to our internet services as well as non-availability of Coke is noted and will be assessed. Thank you a lot for your valuable feedback.

Looking forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Al Murooj Rotana Dubai in the very near future, we remain with kind regards
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

The staff at the hotel were attentive, professional and happy always courteous and friendly. After researching many hotels I found this hotel and liked the location. What appealed was the style of the hotel and club rotana package. Only 7 min walk to the Dubai Mall, Burj Khalifa and dancing fountain. Not far from the airport excellent transport service. I opted for a club room, which included breakfast, afternoon tea and dinner. Dinner also included unlimited wine and alcohol. The food was beautiful well prepared in intricate servings attention to detail and variety was very good. I stayed at Atlantis on the next leg of my journey and in comparison the food in their club package was no were near this standard or variety. I always went to the lounge to make Skype as free Wifi included. There are also two computers in the lounge for use. The rooms were lovely spacious comfortable bed and pillows. The view over the pool was lovely and would recommend this as also a good view of the burj khalifia. The pool area was beautiful and sunbathed a few times always plenty of sun. The only complaint here is that the adjoining gate to the second pool area was always locked witch forced you to walk a lengthy route through another building instead of thru the path and garden. Taxis around Dubai were extremely cheap, I always asked concierge the approx. cost to a destination so I could be sure not being ripped off. The driver of the Lexus was also very charming and polite I found the cars to be a very reasonably priced too..I adored this hotel and found it more intimate great location and better value in some of the more exclusive hotels I stayed at. I would highly recommend and will definitely be returning to this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking pool area amazing views.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for your very positive review of your recent holiday with us at Al Murooj Rotana Dubai.

With great pleasure we read of your experience with our resort facilities and services and for choosing our resort among the many options available in our surrounding. It is very pleasing to read how much you have enjoyed your time with us. We especially thank you for your comments about our culinary offers in our Club Rotana which is highly appreciated. In regards to your comment about the access to the 2nd pool we wish to emphasize that access is closed in the evening due to security reasons as it does not belong to the direct hotel’s facilities . Thank you for your kind understanding.

Maidstone, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We just got back from staying 3 nights at the Al Murooj Rotana and had an excellent stay. We struggled to decide on where to stay on our first trip to Dubai - city, beach etc - but were very pleased with our choice and would definitely stay again.

From reading past reviews, we chose to pay the little bit extra for a Club room and it was well worth it. Our flight arrived at 5:30am and a car was waiting for us at the airport. As we arrived at the hotel so early, there were no rooms ready but the Club lounge opened at 6:30am and we were given a free breakfast and relaxed in the lounge until a room was ready for us about 8am and we were then down by the pool by 8:30am. With the Club lounge, you get breakfast included (lots of choice), afternoon tea (lots of yummy sandwiches and cakes) and then in the evening they do complimentary alcoholic drinks and nibbles (pretty substational nibbles actually!). There is also free wi-fi in the lounge, which is an extra perk. You can go into the lounge at anytime and get a coffee/drinks. I would highly recommend the Club rooms, as these extras are well worth it.
Our room was on the 7th floor, facing the pool, which was perfect. Very nice room - spacious, big tv, chairs, coffee/tea, fridge, safe, nice toiletries and good shower/bath. Little touches that were appreciated as well - slippers by the bed, free bottles of water replenished twice a day.

We found the location of the hotel to be a great base for exploring all of Dubai. The Dubai Mall (aka heaven!!) is less than a 10 minute walk and has over 1200 shops and loads of restaurants. The Dubai Fountain show is also there, which is every evening, every half hour.
We took taxis to most places, as they were available at the hotel and cheap. The longest taxi journey was out to the monorail station at The Palms, which was just over 15 minutes and the equivalent of about £6. The beach was about a £5 taxi journey. You can get the metro from the mall, which is also cheap and there are also buses you can take.

The staff at the hotel were all so friendly and helpful. You really felt like they would do anything to help out and didn't mind answering questions and providing extra help.
The swimming pool area is very nice - there are 2 pool areas although we just stuck to the main hotel pool. Plenty of sun loungers, towels provided and a pool side bar. We didn't find that the pool didn't get the sun, as mentioned in some reviews - we went out there quite early in the mornings (8:30am) so we could then go out for the day (and because it gets so hot!) and the sun was on the loungers and reached the pool by about 10:30am. Pool is heated so not like it's cold anyway.
We didn't eat in any of the restaurants but there are plenty of choices (I overheard people raving about the Indian restaurant). We did have room service late one night, which was good food and very reasonable.

Overall we had a fabulous stay and highly recommend this hotel. Hopefully we will be visiting Dubai again and would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
I am very pleased to read your positive review from your recent stay with us at Al Murooj Rotana Dubai. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and recommend our hotel on TripAdvisor.

With delight I read that you have been overall impressed with the quality of our hotel and service. Your gracious comments will serve as an added inspiration to consistently maintain the high standards which you have experienced during your stay with us. We are glad that you enjoyed our Club Rotana with its culinary offers and our recreational facilities.

I do hope you will return to Dubai in the near future and look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to Al Murooj Rotana.
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have to agree with the praise rightly given to this hotel. Attentive staff, a good choice of food and very comfortable rooms which are serviced twice a day. Close to the Dubai Mall for all your shopping needs and the commercial area of Dubai if on business, however quite a trek to the beach or the downtown area if that scene is what you are looking for.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
HHachem, General Manager at Al Murooj Rotana, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you for posting your positive review about Al Murooj Rotana Dubai on Trip Advisor.

It is a pleasure to read from your review that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and especially the attentive service offered by our colleagues. Thank you also for recommending our culinary offers which we highly appreciate.

Al Murooj Rotana is centrally located not only to Dubai Mall and Burj Khalifa but also to the public beach in Jumeirah 1. This beach is just a 7 minutes-drive away from the hotel, offers facilities and is taken care of by the Dubai Municipality. It is a very popular spot among the residents and visitors alike.

Thank you once again for recommending Al Murooj Rotana Dubai on Trip Advisor, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Been to Al Murooj Rotana? Share your experiences!