“Stay at Downtown” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Al Murooj Rotana

You added Al Murooj Rotana to your Saves list
Al Murooj Rotana
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Al Saffa St. | PO Box 117546, Dubai 117546, United Arab Emirates   |
Ranked #54 of 499 Hotels in Dubai
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Istanbul, Turkey
“Stay at Downtown”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

So close to everywhere, nice swimming pool, Burj Khlifa is 10 minutes from hotel. Rooms are very comfortable. Close to public transportation which is safe.The servis is first class. Staff is helpful and gentle. Pool is clean and service around pool towels, drink etc is nice. Definitely recommend this hotel. Price is not so high. Only thing try to stay at top floors instead of first 5th. You can hear air conditions at nights.

Room Tip: Don't stay at first 5th floors try to get top floors.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
HHachem, General Manager at Al Murooj Rotana, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you very much for your positive review of your recent stay with us at Al Murooj Rotana Dubai. I am happy to read of your experience with our facilities and services and for choosing our resort among the many options available in our surrounding. It is very pleasing to read how much you have enjoyed your time with us.

I appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences and recommending us on TripAdvisor and I look forward to welcoming you back to Al Murooj Rotana Dubai in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Sulaimania, As Sulaymaniyah, Iraq
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Best location, friendly staff, nice view, average room type, center for every place in Dubai,
I will recommend my friends about this hotel for long stay because price is good for long time stay more than 7 days, but for short time 1,2 days there is other hotels which are more luxury like (fairmont Dubai, Grand Hayat, Kampinsky hotel)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for posting your review after your recent stay about Al Murooj Rotana Dubai on Trip Advisor.

With pleasure we learnt that you enjoyed our facilities and services as well as the location and thank you for recommending especially our Suites for a long stay in Dubai.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to the heart of Dubai soon, we remain with kind regards
Durham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

The location of the hotel is very good - we walked to the Dubai Mall within about 10 minutes. We stayed here for 3 nights in a Club Rotana twin room. The room was very clean and well maintained - serviced twice a day. The two queen size beds were very very comfortable.

The upgrade to Club Lounge is well worth paying. We enjoyed the High Tea and also the Cocktail Happy Hour. Breakfast was very good with plenty choice and as much tea, coffee, etc as you wanted.

The service in the hotel is First Class and every member of staff we came across was very kind and helpful.

We spent one morning by the pool and really enjoyed it. The pool area is very clean with towels provided and plenty of staff around to serve drinks or food.

People have mentioned in previous reviews that they think this hotel is better suited more for business than pleasure. We do not agree, as when we stayed there was a lot of children about - not only at the pool but also in the Club Lounge.

Would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your time in posting your review following your recent holiday and for recommending Al Murooj Rotana Dubai on Trip Advisor.

We are extremely happy to hear that you and your family had enjoyed your recent visit to our hotel and that you were pleased with both the location and facilities at our property. It is also a pleasure to note that you especially enjoyed our Club Rotana services and recreational offers at Al Murooj Rotana and you found them to be a nice option for the kids.

All your kind comments are greatly appreciated, and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Nice, France
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I stayed at this hotel recently with my family. The location is excellent, 5 mins. walk from the Dubai Mall, 10 mins. from Burj Khalifa, close to a metro line, 20 mins by car to beaches and The Palm. Views from the pool of the skyline are incredible.

However - beware!!!! If you are booking a suite (as I like to do in a hotel when I am traveling with my family so we have more space) you will not be in the hotel, but in the Residences around the corner. While comfortable and spacious there is no in room wi-fi, mini bar etc. as is offered in the hotel - only wi-fi in the lobby which you have to pay for. There is though a supermarket around the corner which delivers to your room.

Most of the restaurants were closed "indefinitely" while we were there. The variety of foods offered was an attraction to our booking this venue.
There is no pool service, no-one to lay out your towels, help with sun shades, bring a bottle of water etc. which is acceptable in a 3* hotel, but expected in a 5*.

On day two of our stay we had to move rooms due to a leak on the floor below us. We moved to a floor which was being renovated through the day - and had a strong smell of adhesive in the corridors. This room then developed a smell of sewage from the floor drain in the kitchen area which permeated throughout the suite. Maintenance came and covered the drain with a damp tea towel and sprayed air freshner around. Had this not been discovered upon our return from a lovely evening out (around 11pm) we would have insisted on another fun game of moving rooms!

We were generally dissatisfied with this hotel and they not already taken full payment for our stay we would have moved to the Shangri-La!

Considering the amazing hotels on offer in Dubai, this one really isn't up to standard.

Room Tip: Make sure your room is in the main building not the Residences.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
HHachem, General Manager at Al Murooj Rotana, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your valuable feedback on TripAdvisor.

With much regret we learnt that our services and facilities did not meet your expectations for which we wish to apologize.
A detailed reply was sent to you following the completion of our electronic guest satisfaction survey.

Once again, we would like to thank you for sharing this matter with us and for giving us the opportunity to improve further our standards.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

This place makes you feel so much at home, the staff is amazing, they are so friendly. The food is outstanding, the rooms are so Deluxe. We had access to the lounge on the 14th floor, and the staff there, especially Dilruk make you feel like you are royality everytime they see you. You are close to so many things, and the train station and the bus stop are close by, public transportation is very safe and easy to use in Dubai

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the pools, the rooms with a view of the Burj are on the highway side a...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
HHachem, General Manager at Al Murooj Rotana, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
I am very pleased to read your positive review from your recent stay with us at Al Murooj Rotana Dubai. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and recommend our hotel on TripAdvisor.

With delight I read that you were overall impressed with the quality of our hotel and service. With pleasure we read about Dilruk making your stay even more enjoyable. Be assured that your kind feedback will be shared with him as it certainly adds to his motivation.

I do hope you will return to Dubai in the near future and look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

This was the second time I was at this hotel. It's a relatively good 5-star hotel. The strength is the welcoming, friendly and helpful staff (although once they forgot the requests). The location is close to Dubai mall and newly built downtown.
The club rooms with the complimentary access to the meeting room are convenient for business meetings. At the same time you can see mixed style of dressing in the Club lounge, from shorts and slippers to formal, which is not very good if you are waiting for a business partner to join you.
The bad thing that happened which was very inconvenient for me;
The first day when I received the rooms water drops were falling from the ceiling in the entrance of the room. They sent somebody to fix it, but I think it was not completely fixed. The same night I got back to the room and was really tired, my only intention was to sleep. When I entered the room water dropped on me. This time the problem was more severe, because it was not fixed after more than half an hour. Finally I insisted to talk to the manager and she came to the room. They gave me another room and I had to change the room.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
I would personally like to thank you for taking the time to write your feedback in Trip Advisor about your recent visit to Al Murooj Rotana Dubai, at the same time thank you for your loyalty which is highly appreciated.

Your valued comments and suggestions are important for us to improve our performance and ensure that all our guests leave having experienced true Rotana hospitality.

With pleasure I read that in general you enjoyed your stay with us, however, learnt with much regret about the incident in your room which was not fully rectified when first reported. Please be assured that measures are taken to avoid such re-occurrence as our goal is not only to meet but even to exceed guests’ expectations. Please accept our sincere apologies for our failure.

May I take this opportunity to thank you again for your valuable feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to Al Murooj Rotana soon.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Just flew back after a six day stay at the hotel. The location was prime with the Dubai Mall and Burj Khalifa. The staff was welcoming and friendly and always willing to assist in any way. The rooms are very nice and beds so comfortable. I forget to get the name of the mattress company they use but I promise you sleeping their is a heavenly experience. The Turndown service was such an added plus. They made sure that all of our needs were taken care of all the time. We have booked the King Size Premium Room and what a great choice it was. Dubai in general is very safe and this area is no exception.The concierge services are always their to make your visit a pleasant one! My wife stays at the Ritz-Carlton often and we both agree that the quality was far superior in terms of that extra welcoming feel and quality of the service. It was simply great arabic hospitality and that makes the whole experience of visiting Dubai even more enchanting. The only negative experience was the Pergolas Restaurant where we found the breakfast quality to be sub-standard. However, the Circle Cafe and Room service share the same menu and I promise you that have a breakfast danish with dea in the morning and watching the world go by while you relax was worth every cent! Room service equalled a five-star restaurant. I can make that comment because I used to a culinary chef in my past life. I say book this hotel and let the fun begin it will be a memorable one! My wife and I are returning in November for a week visit.

Room Tip: King Size Premium Room is worth every cent
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
HHachem, General Manager at Al Murooj Rotana, responded to this review, April 17, 2013

With much delight I read that you have been overall impressed with the quality of our hotel and service. Your gracious comments will serve as an added inspiration to consistently maintain the high standards which you have experienced during your stay with us. With regret I learnt about your comment on our breakfast buffet in Pergolas and wish to assure you that it will be assessed with our Culinary Team. Our goal is not only meet but even exceed customers’ expectations.

Again, many thanks for your kind feedback, and I look forward to welcoming you back in November.

Been to Al Murooj Rotana? Share your experiences!