“Lovely place to stay in Dubai.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Al Murooj Rotana

You added Al Murooj Rotana to your Saves list
Al Murooj Rotana
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Al Saffa St. | PO Box 117546, Dubai 117546, United Arab Emirates   |
Ranked #55 of 486 Hotels in Dubai
Brisbane, Australia
“Lovely place to stay in Dubai.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I have been to Dubai a few times and have stayed at different places each time, ranging from very expensive to budget. To me, this is mid range in price and is my favourite place to stay.

It is a beautiful hotel with everything you could want in a holiday resort. Large luxurious room, a gorgeous pool area and close to great shops. It is located cross the road from the Dubai Mall which is a fantastic shopping experience, and also close to the Burj Khalifa. The hop-on hop off tour bus stops here which is very handy for getting around the whole of Dubai. The staff were all excellent and very helpful with anything you ask for.

The breakfast buffet was very nice and the restaurants were all very good. I only had a couple of nights here as a stopover on my way back home to Australia from Europe, but I would like to stay here again for longer next time for my main holiday destination.

I had to use their computer facilities to print out my boarding pass for my flight home and they kindly allowed me to do this for free. I have noticed on other people's reviews that they whinge about the cost of the internet, but as far as I'm concerned, when I go on holiday I like to enjoy the country I'm in and go out to enjoy myself sightseeing - not sit in front of a computer all day!

I have recommended this hotel to my friends and would also like to do the same for you. Have a great trip!

Room Tip: I didn't have a view of the Burj Khalifa from my room which didn't bother me at all, but if...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
HHachem, Manager at Al Murooj Rotana, responded to this review, September 22, 2012
It was a pleasure reading your detailed feedback for the hotel on TripAdvisor. We do appreciate feedback as this way we are able to monitor our services and facilities. Your comments and recommendation have been noted and we do look forward of being of service to you again in the not too distant future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Impeccable service. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff. The food was delicious (great selection) and I had a simply brilliant time. Ladies please note, It's positioned by a huge shopping mall - hurrah!

I have signed up to agoda.com who'll give you great rates on hotels by the way so do compare this site with other companies.

Additionally, I got cheaper flights through travelbag.co.uk than through booking through Emirates directly!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
We do appreciate you are sharing your feedback with us on TripAdvisor. We are glad you enjoyed your stay in the hotel and the location added additional value to your stay. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Compared with other hotels that I've stayed in Dubai, including Hyatt, Le Meridian, Milleneum, Copthorne, Al Murooj Rotana' staff are the most friendliest.

In particular staff of Business Centre, IT Department, Concierge.

Hotel's location is also within stone throw away from Dubai Mall and Dubai International Financial Centre.

Swimming pool looks great, and surrounded by other mini pools adjacent to appartment complexes.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your positive feedback and the comments in regards to the friendliness of our team members. It is very motivating to receive positive feedback and even more so if this is done on TripAdvisor. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back soon again.
Glasgow
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

First time to the city and was very impressed with the hotel. The staff are very friendly and helpful which doesnt always sit comfortably well with a Brit!

Location is excellent for Dubai Mall and Burj Khalifa, but is a 20min taxi to JBR or JLT and a 10min walk to nearest metro - Dubai isnt built for pedestrians. Hotel taxi was on hand once and over charged me for a trip to Jumeriah, but you live and learn!

Pool was quiet and staff always on hand with towels or a menu,I didnt feel pressured into buying from the bar.

I cant comment on the restaurant as I always ate out but the Double Decker, British themed pub attached I can recommend, the Bar Manager was very hospitable even showing football match I wanted to see!

Have recommended the hotel to friends and I would stay again, cant say fairer than that.

Room Tip: My room faced the pool, probably more serene than facing the busy Financial Road but didnt spend too...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
HHachem, Manager at Al Murooj Rotana, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Thank you for your positive feedback. We do appreciate your comments and we are glad we were able to meet with your expectations. It would be our pleasure to be your host again during your next visit to Dubai.
Teheran, Tehran, Iran
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

I want to thank all of the staffers in hotel.they are very friendly.we spent pleasure time there.we had club rotana room and we used club rotana lounge and the other facilities.In club rotana lounge you can drink all beverages (alcoholic and non alcoholic) absolutely delicious food.we decide when we go to dubai we will go to almurooj rotana and we will spend good time there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
HHachem, Manager at Al Murooj Rotana, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
Thank you very much for choosing the Al Murooj during your recent visit to Dubai. I am pleased to read you have enjoyed your stay with us and our colleagues were courteous and efficient. We do look forward to being of service to you again soon.
Oxford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

Flies in the canteen. Hair in the breakfast noodle(buffet), and when we complained, we didn't get an apology from anyone, instead, they gave another plate of noodle! Come on, as a proper hotel, you should remove the noodle altogether so other customers don't eat hair! Waitress came to the table every time, 'excuse me sir, we are closing the table at 10:30, bla bla bla'. I know, ok?!
We wanted a room with another view not the boring sand (oh by the way they called it 'city view'), we got another room, with the same view! People!

• Stayed September 2012
HHachem, Manager at Al Murooj Rotana, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
I was most concerned to read about your disappointing experience and first and foremost I would like to offer my sincerest apologies. The posted comments have been noted and I have personally addressed these issues. I would like to get in touch with you personally and would very much appreciate if you could drop me an e-mail on almurooj.hotel@rotana.com to see how we are able to regain your confidence in our services. Thank you.
Athens Greece
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012 via mobile

Been a regular traveller to Dubai, mainly for business, I had the opportunity to try lots of the 5star city hotels. Most of them offer the regular facilities, expected when traveling for a short time and for a specific objective. This hotel was always meeting my expectations at a satisfactory level. I would definitely rate it with a 4, especially for the service, however my recent experience made me change my mind.

After a very demanding day, spent in meetings in side the hotel, we have ordered dinner; a pizza is always a good choice. Ending up with serious food poisoning, was not was I was expecting; it was so serious that I was almost close to go to the hospital, what would make me loose my back-home flight. Some other colleagues also complained specifically about the quality of finger food and plates served in meeting rooms; thanks god they were luckier than me.

Hope that was an isolated event. I will give to this hotel an other try because of previous good experience and it's premium location, however I will be very cautious with the food.

Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
HHachem, Manager at Al Murooj Rotana, responded to this review, September 1, 2012
Thank you for your recent stay with the Al Murooj Rotana Dubai.
I was sorry to learn that you were unwell during your stay and you believe this may be due to food served at the hotel.
Please rest assured that we take feedback in terms of food quality and taste very serious and to appreciate when guests raise such issued directly at the hotel and when they occur. This way we are able to act immediately upon and can assist our guests.
The procedures for preparing and cooking meals are in accordance with strict hygiene regulations (HACCP). Regular inspections are done by our EHS Teams and sample meals are removed for testing to monitor quality and taste.
I do hope, you have made full recovery and thank you bringing this concern to our attention.
Should you wish to get in touch with us for further follow up, please do contact us on almurooj.hotel@rotana.com.

Been to Al Murooj Rotana? Share your experiences!