Not everyone will want to sit in the middle of the bling, shopping malls and concrete of New Dubai. If your preference is to walk to museums, the old textile market and a range of cheap eateries along Dubai's Creek, then this hotel is a good place to base yourself.
It is 'westerner friendly', in terms of its facilities, but has tried to reflect the local environment in its decor. Hence, there are spacious bedrooms, with digital TV, baths, not just showers and the hotel has its own pub. We didn't use it, but could see that it was popular. The place is clean enough and the breakfasts are wholesome, with enormous choice. Given that people arrive at all times, due to incoming flights being at all hours, the hotel staff are responsive about individual needs and, for us anyway, did as much as possible to get the room ready for us four hours early - and that is always appreciated after a long journey.
The hotel has its own Thai restaurant, but with the choices within walking distance that were very reasonably priced there was no need to even look at it (in fact there's a brilliant restaurant nearby in the old quarter). There is also a shuttle bus service to the airport, but it leaves the hotel at fixed times which may not suit your schedule. In any case, taxis in Dubai are reasonably priced so it doesn't present an issue. We didn't look at the spa, so cannot comment on that.
Finally, it's worth mentioning that the hotel is immediately opposite Dubai's history museum - which is a must see. All-in-all, it proved to be value for money in a location that really suited us. We would certainly stay there again if we happened to be in Dubai on another stopover.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arabian hospitality comes alive the moment you enter the portals and step into the distinctive lobby. Warmth meets efficiency as you are made to feel at home instantly. The heritage inspired ambience with cool stone and warm tones of rich wood, invites you to be part of it.Set in the historic heart of Dubai, a stone throw away from the Dubai Creek and the timeless Souk Al Kabeer (Meena Bazar), the award winning Arabian Courtyard Hotel and Spa is a true Arabian themed hotel. Next to Dubai Museum, Ruler’s Court and Diplomatic Enclave, having British Embassy, US and Saudi Consulates as neighbors, hotel and surrounding Bastakiya historic area is so rich in its heritage flavor and cultural elements, you could say it’s been a few centuries in the making.Arabian Courtyard Hotel and Spa is ideally located for all travelers, as it is a brisk stroll to the Metro station, textile and computer market and Bank Street. Dubai Trade Center and Burj Khalifa is a short drive from the hotel as is the fabled Gold Souk, Port Rashid and Dry Docks are all within easy reach. The Dubai International Airport is 6 kilometers away only. With 173 elegantly furnished rooms in traditional Arabic theme including 23 elegantly furnished suites and 41 executive rooms, our central hotel offers all the latest amenities for discerning travelers. A variety of dining and entertainment options as well as conference & banquet with the latest technology are on offer. Arabian Courtyard Hotel & Spa also offers a fully equipped health & recreation center as well as a Wellness Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, TravelClick, Priceline, Despegar.com, Agoda, getaroom.com, HostelBookers, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Arabian Courtyard Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arabian Courtyard Hotel And Spa
- Courtyard Hotel Dubai
- Arabian Courtyard Hotel Dubai
- Courtyard Dubai
- Dubai Courtyard
- Arabian Courtyard Dubai