“A taste of old Dubai” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #97 of 487 Hotels in Dubai
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“A taste of old Dubai”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

From the moment we arrived we loved this hotel, even though we arrived late (3am) we were greeted with fresh juice and warm smiles. Our family suite was lovely with a view across to the Dubai Museum. You can wander down to the Creek and check out the Souks and the metro is a short walk away. We only stayed 3 nights but wished it was longer - I have recommended this hotel to all my friends since returning to Australia.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (340)
  • Turkish first
Queensland, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

This hotel is fantastic, i loved the rooms.....so comfortable i didnt want to go out. The staff are so helpful. It has a laundry nearby and the grocery store. Free shuttle to airport. I arrived at midnight and was exhausted. The pool wasnt exactly amazing...but okay if u want a dip. But its near the souq and river.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Ryde, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

The Arabian Courtyard is a city centre hotel, very near the souks, the abra station and within short walking distance of the Metro. The hotel has been designed to blend in and give an Arabian feel. The front of the hotel faces the Dubai Museum, an interesting view, not sure that the back of the hotel would provide anything as good a view as the front. The breakfast lounge faces the Dubai Museum and provides an excellent breakfast, to include a counter cooking eggs, pancakes and waffles to order. The hotel provides 2 hours of free WiFi access upon request, for what I needed this was sufficient. This is not a beach hotel, it doesn't have the same type of facilities and it would be unfair to compare it to one, so ensure you know what it is you want. If you’re after staying in a hotel, providing good value for money, placed in a good central location, offering its own good selection of restaurants and served by friendly helpful staff then this will meet your needs. I felt that this hotel ticked all the important boxes I was looking for, it met my expectations and so I had a very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Good view from rooms at the front of hotel.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

I love this hotel. I had a great stay in Dubai because of this hotel. Excellent location, Dubai museum across the street, everything at hand ! The hotel employees were awesome. I could not pick a better hotel. Excellent food also. If looking for a place to stay in Dubai then come here, location and service is first class !

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Kyrenia, Cyprus
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Very surprised with reviews about his hotel, as we thought it was absolutely terrible. When we arrived we were upgraded to the Executive level and the receptionist told us that we could use the Executive room. We had breakfast in the morning and we were told that we had to pay and we could not use the rooms facilities. I went down to reception to speak to the manager, I was waiting 20 minutes before the receptionist told me he was ready, by this time we I had had enough. Secondly, I came back to my room and my IPAD case was cracked and my IPAD was not working, I again complained that my IPAD had been damaged by the cleaner. I was promised a full enquiry into the incident and that the management would contact me, I still have not heard anything.
The hotels location is not the best and you have to get taxi's everywhere, which are cheap, but watch the drivers as we had two that we falling go sleep. The hotel is dated, the swimming pool is small! On the positive side the restaurants provide good quality food.
There are so many good hotels in Dubai, dont waste your time and money staying at this one!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk, Russia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

I do not understand so high rating of this hotel. Me and my frined booked twin room, however when we arrived we discovered that our room is double with one big bed. At reception they told us that there are no more rooms, and they will bring one more bed to our room. So, they did. It was small single bed, resembling one used in hospitals...It was on wheels.
By the way, on reception there was a line. Always we needed to wait. Also it's important to mention that wi-fi internet access is granted by some cards which are given at reception and valid just for few hours, than you need to get new one.
Room itself in gerenal was ok, but not more than ok. View from window showed some roof with drying clothes...
Breakfast was good, really good and tasy. Big choice of dishes and all are awesome.
Sherlock Bar is nothing special, but ok, not bad,
We went to spa, which was quite enjoyable, except sauna, which could be hotter :)
Hotel is not expensive and it worth it's money, but do not expect something special, it's just ok :)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

We stayed here for 4 nights after a 10 day stay in the Maldives for our honeymoon.

We were super impressed with the attention to detail in the furnishing of the hotel and the sincerity of the staff.

I had an accident while in the Maldives which meant that when I arrived in Dubai I required a further hospital visit to get some stitches removed. Our holiday company were completely hopeless. The staff at the Hotel were superb. They quickly recommended a hospital and searched for the contact details and directions on how to get there on the internet for us, printing us out a copy of everything we'd need to get there. Above and beyond the call of duty I'd say!

My husband had called ahead to make them aware that we'd had an accident in the Maldives, when we arrived, they upgraded our room and arrived at our room shortly after check-in with a delicious cake, fruit plate and wine.

The breakfast in the hotel was SUPERB! The choice was amazing, as were the made to offer heart shaped waffles!

Having visited both parts of Dubai, if I were to return I'd stay again at the Arabian courtyard. The location is superb with the hop on/off bus stopping just across the road. It's surrounded by shops and is a short walk to the Old Souk! Prepare to haggle!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the museum!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Arabian Courtyard Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!