“"NEVER EVER" GO TO THIS HOTEL” 1 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Gulf Pearl to your Saves list
Gulf Pearl
Gulf Pearl
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Al Baraha Rd, | P.O. Box 88767, Dubai, United Arab Emirates   |
Ranked #412 of 475 hotels in Dubai
Abbey from Paisley, Scotland
“"NEVER EVER" GO TO THIS HOTEL”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2009

Hi All, I and my family (wife and 2 teenage daughters) were in this hotel from the 12th to 16th January 2009, we had booked 2 rooms,

12th Jan 2009- We got to the hotel around 3pm very tiered after our flight was delayed for 4 hrs. We got our rooms on the 2nd floor next to each other they were clean until we went into the bathrooms, they were filthy both of them. The cleaning staff were in the hall way I called them in to clean them and they did the best they could but the bath tubs had cracks in them with solid dirt in them, while they were doing that the kids were in the balcony’s and when they came back in the rooms they doors wouldn’t lock again, I called the maintenance staff up to have a look at it, all he said was I am sorry I cant fix it, but don’t worry the girls will be fine in room. NO WAY was I going to let my girls sleep in a room that had the doors unlocked. I then went down to the reception to get the rooms changed, they said no problem at all by now it’s around 6pm we have not even had time to eat yet. We got moved to other rooms to be honest they were not much better the only good thing was they both had 2 queen size beds in each room, but we just wanted rest and have something to eat. We were told the staff will being our luggage to the new rooms in around 10 mins but we waited for 1hr called the reception they said they will send someone up, another half again no one came I just went and got the 4 suitcases and 3 bags myself. The girls ended up sleeping in our room. What a waste of night that was.

13th Jan 2009- The breakfast was quit good we left the hotel around 11am, I left the notice on the door saying “service the room” we got back at around 6pm to get changed to go out for a meal and surprise surprise the room was just as we left it, again I called the cleaning staff and they said they will be up shortly. We left and came back in at 11pm, the girls went to there room 20 mins later they came screaming back to our room. Saying there were COCKROCHES in the bathroom I went to have look and there were 4 under the sink and back of the toilet, Furious I went to the reception and talked to the night manager, he said we will move you to other rooms AGAIN …… so we were now moved to the 3rd floor, the rooms were a little larger, the girls were so frightened they again slept in out room.

14th Jan 2009- Again the breakfast had a nice selection, they rooms were cleaned while we were out over all the day was actually good.

15th Jan 2009- Had breakfast and went out enjoying our last day in Dubai until we got back to the hotel at night around 9pm we had a flight at 8am back home. We went to check the girls room for cockroaches and there they were in the bathroom again by this time the girls were terrified even to sleep in out room, my wife calmed them down and went to our room, I went down to inform the manger again, to be honest I lost my temp with him he cam up and had a look for himself apologised and said he will call our booking agents Asia travel for a full refund for 1 room to be arranged I got a letter confirming that. I was shocked when I went back to my own room there were COCKROCHES there too, to be honest even the manager was shocked he offered us another room change but we didt want to move again it was our last night, there was one in the bed and several around the room, this time I took photos I have uploaded them here. We were so glad to leave the hotel at 5am. We didt sleep at all that night.
Still waiting for my refund..........

PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL AT ALL COSTS.

• Liked — NOTHING
  • Disliked — EVERYING
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family

25 people have reviewed this hotel

Gulfmark
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2008

My Office booked this place on the basis of price and keeping a lid on costs. I read the reviews with mixed feelings and hoped for the best thinking that you get what you pay for and also that it wasn't bottom of the pile here on TA. It took an eternity to find it - not the hotels fault I grant you but some better directions would be in order.
Nowhere to park other than pay meter parking at 20AED. Who has 20 x 1 AED coins with them I ask... ( put my Visa card into one of those street meters - you are kidding me) I abandoned the car and left my suitcase in it. Figured I'd sort out any difficulty later.
The hotel wasn't good. In fact it was awful. My low expectations were not even close to imagining how poor it was. The decor was a cross between a down market curry house in a depressed northern British city and a brothel. Hideous brown paintwork competed with appalling shades of vinyl seat covers...
The room I was allocated was filthy and had not been serviced. God knows what stains were on the bed but I rather suspected somebody had been murdered or deflowered on there the previous night... On complaining the service team came to check and at first seemed to think I was being awkward before agreeing that perhaps it needed cleaning ...perhaps...????......They gave me another room that had been 'serviced' but that was grubby as well. Iron burns on the carpet, no curtains to speak of, no tea or coffee making facility , just not clean and not fresh in any way. It also seemed way to close to the night clubs I had seen on the way in.
I sat on the bed having carefully checked it for body spills. I weighed up my options and decided that I didn't like it and I especially didn't like the idea of 8 days of it.
I went to reception and had a stand up row to get my passport back - they claimed I had already got it back- and I left to find somewhere else.
Do yourself a favour and don't go here. If you are used to UK Travelodge or better you will hate it. If you are looking for ghastly, cheap, don't mind other people's dirt and like the idea of a truly downbeat surly location you'll love it, and you will most likely be from the Indian subcontinent.

Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
london
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2008

We had initially booked a twin-room for 3 nights , but needed to extend our stay by another two, reception handled this very efficiently, with the minimum of fuss.
Had we experienced any major problems we simply would have taken our business elsewhere.
On the 3rd & 4th floors we didn't hear the discos at all, but extreemly loud at lobby/foyer level !.
The air-con was fine , shower pressure was weak but water temp. ok.
The carpets everywhere need changing , not just in the room ..
curtains/lighting/t.v/fridge/telephone/wardrope/bed linen/towels were all fine....
I looked at some other reviews for this property and it doesn't even seem like the same place..!..IT'S NOT 5 STAR, but doesn't pretend to be, either .....
Breakfast was adequate- but the eggs/fries/sausages were cold..
they sometimes forget to keep the heating element on , under the serving trays.doh !
We found the staff to be helpful, and curtious.
I would stay again.
tip: hard to get a taxi in front of the hotel, during busy periods, you may have to walk to a quieter junction or to a large hotel to pick one up.
Malcolm.............London, England

• Liked — the price
  • Disliked — location
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
england
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2008

stayed here as the bigger beach hotels are double+ in price-read the reviews before i went.Yes the heavy blankets looked like they needed a wash.Breakfast not too bad -pool was open but not heated. Goodcentral location for sight seeing-on the whole staff not very helpful in giving info about area. THE very worst thing was the IRANIAN disco -thought things were going well untill i was woken when the music started at 11pm until 3am each morning-thought i was having a nightmare-after 3 nights i could take no more and asked to be moved-I believe there are 3 discos in this hotel-2 were closed for refit!!!!

• Liked — central location
  • Disliked — Noise
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled as a couple
Abu Dhabi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2007

All the bad reviews on this place were correct and then some. The hot water didn't work, the nightclub kept everyone awake until 3AM. The toilet was leaking, no baby cot was supplied when requested, fridge was not working, linen was ripped and dirty, hand basin was blocked. Requested 2 x single beds and got one double so 2 people had to share the one bed. Parking was miles away, no security and the car was damaged during the overnight stay (someone ran a key down the side of the doors!!!!). The location map was nowhere near correct and it took us hours to find the place.

We only stayed that one night through necessity and then complained the next day and management seemed unwillingly or uncaring enough to do anything so we cancelled and went back to the booking agent and got a full refund even for the night we stayed. We live in the UAE so know what to expect from 3 stars but this place would be closed down anywhere else in the world.

Avoid at ALL costs save yourself the pain and pay a little more !!!

• Liked — absolutely nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2007

booked direct to stay 3 nights- sounded really good value.
On first impressions on arrival we were horrified by the filthy area outside, the whole place was in need of a good clean ,the hotel looked Tacky , faded and the 'juke-box' facade cheap and nasty. We were unable to park in the slip road and offload luggage, no attempt of assistance from outside staff- they waved us away, refusing to move barriers in the kerb,eventually on the 3rd attempt after 15mins of driving round the block,our taxi driver had to park on the pavement to allow us to get out , we left our luggage in the boot, hoping that the driver would not drive off.
On entering we were appalled by the smell and filthy carpet in the tiny foyer, so requested to see the room first-
we had booked a twin room with balcony.
The lift was also very dirty, the carpet along the dingy dark corridor was badly stained, greasy and patched with strips of brown tape, wrinkled and badly fitted, the room was absolutely disgusting - Uninviting Double bed -dark and gloomy decor, dilapidated dirty dated furniture, ragged curtains & filthy stained nets at the dirty window (there was no balcony-) overlooking a yard piled high with old furniture,scaffold poles,wood and rubbish!. certainly not a room with a view!-a very oppressive atmosphere - on inspecting the bathroom,the floor was grimy and toilet none too clean- pulled back the shower curtain to find dirty,mouldy tiles and bath in need of good clean as well!!!!
the room stank of stale perspiration and food.
We would not have stayed even if paid to do so,
it was appalling. We couldn't get out quick enough and
refused to check in, saying we would be reporting them to Dubai Tourism for gross misrepresentation, they should be removed from their web site.
It should be demolished.
Fortunately our driver waited, we were able to make a phone call to a relation living in Dubai,and booked into another hotel
Ramee Apts in Al Rolla Rd- they were excellent.!
Dawn & Mike Walsh from London.uk.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Gulf Pearl? Share your experiences!