We enjoyed a brief stay at Bab Al Shams Resort & Spa following a week in Dubai. Although our stay was limited, we did experience the resort sufficiently to merit a review. The greeting and check-in were thankfully efficient and understanding following an unacceptable ordeal transferring from Dubai (no fault or connection with the Bab Al Shams resort). Our experiences at the resort were mainly fine. The dining choices were many, including indoor and outdoor options and full cultural experiences. We enjoyed a wonderful buffet of international fare at the Al Forsan restaurant. We can also recommend enjoying the sunset over the desert on the rooftop accompanied by quality entertainment. Our afternoon included quality time at the pools, camel riding and viewing a trained falcon show. Archery, dune bashing and other activities were also available. The layout of the property aims to recall an Arabic village, including meandering passages, hidden nooks and crannies, along with many secret peaceful and romantic hideaways. The room was wonderful, generous in size, dark and cozy-comfortable. One thing I always find objectionable at any property is the absence of a top sheet, as was found here. Does the resort dry clean the comforter covering the guest following each stay? I think not. That's very disturbing, and this practice has no place in a five star property. We had to check out for our flight prior to breakfast hour, and the property sent us off with a very complete take-away breakfast -- very much appreciated. This was a very charming and easy to love desert property which will not disappoint. We wish we had more time at Bab Al Shams -- although only with the addition of a top sheet placed under the comforter.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- BAB AL SHAMS Bab Al Shams Desert Resort & Spa is an exclusive low rise resort, a unique retreat in the desert surrounded by natural desert landscape. The resort is an architectural wonder that seems to come to life in the middle of the shifting sands of ancient Arabia, providing a unique and traditional desert experience that is true to the culture and heritage of Dubai and the UAE.AL FORSAN RESTAURANT With its new location overlooking the Arabian Desert, Al Forsan Restaurant offers a refreshing and friendly ambiance to those who want to spend quality time with their families & friends and enjoy an exquisite buffet for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Featuring International Cuisine, the finest specialties of different cuisines to provide you with a variety of choices. AL HADHEERAH RESTAURANT: Experience the wide expanse of the desert and the magic of lively entertainment at Al Hadheerah, the region’s first open air traditional Arabic desert restaurant. As the resort’s signature restaurant, Al Hadheerah offers diners a unique experience with scenes straight out of an Arabian legend featuring belly dancers, live bands & a falcon display. LE DUNE PIZZERIA: With its vivid colors and earthly tones, Le Dune boasts a magical fusion of Arabic and Italian decor that offers a delightfully warm ambiance. The magical combination is vibrant at any angle, from the aged wooden furniture shipped from Italy, the traditional terracotta flooring, to Arabic lanterns add to the rustic ambiance. MASALA RESTAURANT: The exotic flavors of India have arrived in the deserts of Arabia in the form of Masala. Located in the heart of the hotel, Masala’s exquisite menu of Indian dishes slow-cooked in traditional style, with the ambiance of traditional Indian background music, is an enchanting compliment to Bab Al Shams Desert Resort & Spa. AL SARAB ROOFTOP LOUNGEA: Sarab rooftop lounge overlooking the Arabian desert, this two story rooftop bar embraces a breathtaking view that boasts amazing vistas during sunset. The rich Arabian design in soft earth colors, dimmed lanterns for a cozy ambiance and comfortable chairs and cushions, provide a friendly setting for a night to remember. AL SHUROUQ LOUNGE: Shurouq Lounge is an ideal place to relax in the majlis seating areas while admiring the stunning views of the boundless desert. Indulge your taste buds with a delicious mix of light bites, bar snacks, pizzas and lots more while enjoying the cocktail of your choice. POOL BAR: Pool bar with a view of the rolling desert is an ideal place to unwind during the day. Pool bar serves an a la carte menu offering a wide variety of snacks, cocktails, light meals and beverages. A spectacular panoramic view of the desert ensure total tranquility for both the guests. YA HALA BARY: a Hala reflects the traditional Arabian culture of comfort, charm and hospitality. Afternoon tea, as well as a variety of other drinks and snacks for the a la carte menu, can be enjoyed amidst the saddles and charming wooden furniture of the lounge, on the intimate terrace overlooking the water well. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, getaroom.com, EasyToBook and Odigeo so you can book your Bab Al Shams Desert Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bab Al Shams Desert Resort And Spa
- Bab Al Shams Desert Hotel Dubai