My friend and I are just back from 10 nights at the GHH and first time in Dubai. We chose this hotel after all the comments on here, so we knew what we were going to but it was even better that we anticipated. We were met at the airport by Arabian Adventures who were supplying our transport (BMW 7 series) and taken at 01.30 hrs to the hotel. When we arrived at the hotel the conceirge guys (lots of them) took control of our luggage. The outside of the hotel was buzzing with people, (Thursday night) but we then realised that this was their Friday night. Their week-end is Friday and Saturday. We were taken to reception where we were told to have a seat and they asked for our passports. Quite disappointed that we did not receive our drink and cold towel (as reported on here), as this would have passed the time while things were sorted out, and at that time of the morning after the long flight, we were really tired. We were taken to our 1 bedroom apartment (having been upgraded before we left), but it only had 1 very large bed, so we informed the guy that we had asked for 2 beds. He telephoned to reception, and then said to us, no problem we are giving you a 2 bedroom apartment you can have a bedroom each!!! We were so grateful. When we saw this apartment we could not say a word but just look, it was out of this world. 2 bedrooms, 3 toilets, 2 bathrooms, a lounge overlooking the marina, a fully fitted kitchen and a balcony. We thought we had died and gone to heaven!!! By the time we had hang our clothes up etc it was 4.00am and the beds were just so comfortable. I happened to mention us not getting the drink on arrival to someone in the club lounge that first evening and said in no way am I complaining as we are delighted with our accomodation etc, but when it is supposed to be done you are a little disappointed when it is'nt, so after dinner that same evening we went back to the apartment to find flowers, wine and a little note saying they were sorry!!! What customer service!!!
We ate breakfast in Sloanes every morning even although we could have had breakfast in the Club Lounge as there was more choice here. There was something for everyone, 3 different stations, with hot and cold food. We also ate in Sloanes in the evening, and again the choice was superb. As we upgraded to the Club facilities we were entitled to afternoon tea and canapes and cocktails in the evening. I honestly dont know if i would upgrade to this again (especially for 10 nights) as it was specific times and if you were out of the hotel you missed it. The canapes were wonderful each evening but a bit disappointed they dont use "real" champagne but use sparkling wine. I did not notice while drinking the cocktails but when I had champagne (that I thought was) one night, I knew it was'nt and asked one of the waiters who confirmed they do not use champagne in the evenings, only in the morning (which we never did).
We used the pool at the GHH and we loved this, every time we came down, the pool guys got a bed for you, laid the towels down and brought you a tray with water, glasses with ice, kebab fruit sticks, two peices of fruit, 2 small water sprays and 2 cold towels. They filled your glass with ice on numerous occasions and brought cold towels often as well. We did try the LRM hotel next door but prefered the GHH.
We ate in Indego the award winning Indian, and it was lovely, but I have to say we had just as nice Indian food in Sloanes.
We also received lovely little boxes with cake etc daily along with fruit delivered to the room, and a rose with chocolates laid on your pillow in the evening. Lovely little touches.
We also went to the NailBar had a manicure and pedicure, which were done at the same time with 2 therapists. Very professional and one of the best mancures I have had.
I have to say what made our holiday was the friendly staff, nothing was too much trouble for any of them. They are what makes this hotel so popular.
I would like to name some names that made our stay so special, Zia and Joan in the Club Lounge, Jelly, Aileen and Shazlyn in Sloanes and little Rosalin in the toilets, who always had smiles and a chat to us.
We would definately stay at the GHH again, thank you for a wonderful stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grosvenor House and its two iconic 45 storey towers, Tower One and Tower Two, redefine the world of luxury. The hotel's glittering twin towers are an instantly recognizable landmark in the Dubai Marina. The hotel features 749 spacious, contemporary guest rooms, suites, and apartments with signature Luxury Collection beds, large windows with spectacular views of the Marina, complimentary Wi-Fi and attentive on-call butler service. The area's first true social destination, the hotel is located just minutes from the beach, golf clubs, malls, Dubai Internet City, Media City and more, offering an exceptional setting for business, leisure and exploration. Welcome to the finer side of sophistication. Step into a world of refined heritage, sauve elegance and effortless chic. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Grosvenor House Dubai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grosvenor House Dubai Hotel Dubai
- Le Meridien Dubai
- Grosvenor House Hotel Dubai
- Grosvenor Hotel Dubai
- Dubai Le Meridien
- Grosvenor Dubai