“The only place I will stay in Dubai - fantastic hotel in every way.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grosvenor House Dubai

You added Grosvenor House Dubai to your Saves list
Grosvenor House Dubai
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Al Sufouh Road | Dubai Marina, Dubai 118500, United Arab Emirates   |
Ranked #3 of 486 Hotels in Dubai
Mid East
“The only place I will stay in Dubai - fantastic hotel in every way.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2009

I travel regularly to Dubai, for both business & pleasure. I discovered Grosvenor House purely by accident and I'm very glad I did, I will not stay anywhere else now. The hotel itself is stunning and well located in Jumeirah Beach. The hotel is quite unique in that it suits all types of traveller, be it those wanting a city break to Dubai or those visiting for business. The rooms are large, finished to a high standard and the bathrooms well stocked and of a good size. Every day, the staff will leave a little treat, like cakes or cookies, which after a day of working or sunbathing is very welcome! It's touches like this that make Grosvenor House so special. The hotel has a pool and sunbathing area, with outdoor dining. For those wishing to visit the beach, residents of GH can use the facilities over the road at the Royal Meridien, and there is a regular shuttle service offered. I'd highly recommend anyone thinking of staying here to opt for a club room, which allows you to access the club lounge on the 44th floor, which offers snacks and drinks throughout the day. The balcony has a great view of the Palm and Atlantis hotel, and the Burj Al Arab along the coast. The staff in the club lounge are friendly and attentive, every time I visit they greet me like an old friend which is lovely. The staff throughout the hotel are the best I have encountered; they are efficient & friendly and go out of their way to help you. A great array of restaraunts and a spa and nail lounge, and home to the ultra-fashionable Buddha Bar (very SJP!). Everything you could possible need! Highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
GrosvenorHouseDubai, Hotel Manager at Grosvenor House Dubai, responded to this review, June 11, 2009
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a very detailed review of Grosvenor House Dubai on Trip Advisor.

We were really delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay at hotel and that you will be staying no where else in the future.

We were pleased that you enjoyed our in house freshly baked daily amenities which we although we have only recently introduced but have been proving very popular.

With regards to the hotel staff being efficient and friendly I will be sure to share this with the team.

Thank you once again for taking the time to rate us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (593)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2009

I don't know how they do it!!! The Grosvenor is literally in the middle of a building site and yet despite this they manage to hold onto their top spot in the tripadvisor ratings. I used this rating to choose my hotel for my first trip back to Dubai after 9 years!! What a superb choice it turned out to be!! After flying on the Emirates double decker A380 we arrived at 2.00a.m. to be greeted with the most delightful staff. Throughout the week this was the outstanding feature of the hotel - they couldn't have been nicer or done more for you!
We did use the GH pool a couple of times and the pool boy's attention with fruit and iced water was a lovely touch. The male spa was superb. The included breakfast was also outstanding!!! As a dedicated cruiser we are used to superb breakfasts and this equalled if not surpassed it. By day 4 one of the chefs was already cooking my pancakes as I walked up to his station!!!
The buddah bar was well worth a visit and the cars that deposited the good and the great here each evening were stunning to behold.
In truth the trip to the sister Le Royal Meridien was a slight pain BUT as soon as you came out of the hotel and said you were going there they rang to make sure the shuttle was on the way. As a combination - GH as a business hotel for grown-ups with Le R.M for swims and sunbathing - is unbeatable.
If we were going back we would certainly head for the GH!!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
GrosvenorHouseDubai, Hotel Manager at Grosvenor House Dubai, responded to this review, June 9, 2009
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of Grosvenor House Dubai on Trip Advisor.

We were delighted to hear that you enjoyed your experience at the hotel and at the same time were able to use the facilities of our sister hotel at Le Royal Meridien Beach Resort & Spa

We were equally pleased to hear that you found breakfast to be outstanding, the pool staff attentive and that all hotel staff were both friendly and helpful.

We were happy to hear that you intend to return to the Grosvenor House next time you are in Dubai.

Your comments and feedback will be shared with our team.

Thank you once again for taking the time to rate us.

Surrey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2009

I have recently returned from an 8 night stay at the Grosvenor House. Having read so many glittering reviews on Tripadvisor, I had very high expectations, and on the whole I was not let down. I will try to write a balanced review, so that readers can make an informed decision on whether this hotel meets their needs. I have been fortunate enough to stay in the majority of the hotels along the Jumeirah Beach, so feel that I can make a valid comparison on how this hotel fares.

The purpose of our visit was leisure. We checked in at 9am, which was not a problem and we were whisked straight up to our room on the 35th floor. We were not offered a welcome drink/towel, but can't stay that we lost any sleep over it. The Club room that we had booked was well appointed with great views over the palm, as well as comfortable beds and nice amenities. As with most UAE hotels, the bathroom was particularly opulent and the Bvlgari toilettries lived up to their reputation! The room was regularly topped up with water, fruit and and a treat from the in house bakery. We took breakfast in both Sloanes and the Club Lounge. Sloanes offers a much wider choice than the Club Lounge, although the lounge is more relaxing. The selection was good in both venues. My only criticism of Sloanes would be that compared to other hotels in Dubai, the fruit selection was not very vast.

The best feature of booking a club room was the use of the Club Lounge on the 44th floor. This provided afternoon tea between 3pm and 4.30pm. There was a selection of sandwiches, cakes and scones, which although they did not differ much on a daily basis, were absolutely delicious. The Club Lounge also had a happy hour between the hours of 6-8pm. This offered a selection of hot and cold canapes, as well as complimentary alcoholic drinks. This was an excellent way to start the evening. The staff were very attentive and constantly replenishing our drinks. The quality of the food was outstanding, and we had to restrain ourselves from eating too much to save room for dinner. You could easily make a meal out of the canapes, and I'm sure some people do. My only criticism of the club was when busy there was not much privacy, and the food tended to go pretty quickly.

We used the pool facilities most days. The gym and spa facilites were excellent and never too busy. The pool was very nice, although the sun starts getting blocked out from the mid afternoon. The pool staff were generally good, occasionally bringing us water, fruit, and a fruit skewer which was a nice touch. The noise and building work around the pool area is unsightly and quite frankly a problem. We were obviously aware of this before we visited, and whilst it wasn't a major issue, it would have been if we didn't have access to the beach at Le Royal Meridien. I also fear the pool area will be even more shady once the Grosvenor 2 Tower is completed.

As mentioned, we favoured the pool and beach at Le Royal Meridien, which is accessed via the free hotel shuttle which takes about 5 minutes. The shuttle didn't seem to run as regularly as suggested, although we rarely had to wait over 20 minutes. The pool and beach here are excellent and well maintained. It is also handy being able to sign food and drink onto your room bill, which saves carrying cash. There was no real sign of the Red Tide phenomonen that we had read about in the press, although by all accounts and can prevent swimming from time to time. It is worth mentioning that Le Royal Meridien is very popular with families, so if screaming kids are not your idea of a romantic or relaxing holiday, it may be better to look elsewhere. Having said that, it didn't bother us in the slightest.

The Royal Meridien also provides access to 'The Walk' at Jumeirah Beach Residence, which is a collection of shops and restaurants. This is quite a nice place to for a relaxing stroll in the evenings.

The main downside to the Grosvenor House for us was the location. If you are looking for a beach holiday, it can become tedious having to catch the shuttle back and forth, especially if you want to return for afternoon tea and evening drinks. However, if the beach doesn't bother you, then it is difficult to beat the Grosvenor House. Taxis are cheap and plentiful, so getting around is never a problem.

The Grosvenor House is a fantastic hotel. Ideal for business, yet equally suitable for a relaxing holiday too. The staff make the hotel what it is, and nothing is too much trouble. The facilities are excellent, and there is a wide choice of dining options. The criticisms I have made are just small ways I think the hotel could improve, and in no way affected my enjoyment of the holiday. I would certainly return and would not hesitate in recommending this hotel to visitors to Dubai.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
GrosvenorHouseDubai, Hotel Manager at Grosvenor House Dubai, responded to this review, June 5, 2009
Dear Guest,

As a well traveled guest staying at the number of hotels here in Dubai, your detailed feedback is very valuable and much appreciated.

We were really pleased to hear that overall, you enjoyed your stay with us and that having booked a club room you enjoyed the number of benefits were included with this room type.

With regards to the Club Lounge, we are planning to increase the size and layout once our second Tower is completed. Grosvenor House The Residence will also feature another swimming pool and sundeck, and therefore you will be able to catch the sun throughout the day.

We were really glad that you found the staff accommodating and that nothing is too much trouble. I will be sure to share your feedback.

Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2009

So what makes a hotel a truly 5-star one? The facilities and the service. The lobby and the room facilities and design (including the toilet) are simply exceptional. Everything is new and spotless. The staff were so attentive and so well trained that were always there when you needed them and yet never too present or looking for tips. Big plus point, my wife arrived at the hotel at 7 in the morning and could immediately check in and go to the room (normal check-in time is 2 pm!), as was promised to me by the reservation manager on the phone the night before (I only arrived in the evening of the same day). The beach facilities at the sister Royal Meridien are also outstanding, you cannot ask for more. In short, simply exceptional, thanks for an unforgettable stay, we look forward to coming back with our kids in October!

Dear Sir,

We were delighted to hear that you enjoy your recent stay here at the hotel.

It was a pleasure for us to be able to provide the room for your wife’s early arrival.

We were pleased to hear to you like the design of the hotel and you found the staff to be well trained and attentive.

We look forward to welcoming you and the kids back to the hotel in October.

Thank you once again for taking the time to rate us.

Great Britain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2009

Having stayed at the Grovernor House I felt it deserved a review (the first one I've ever written)! Abroad I only stay in 5* hotels as I am not prepared to 'rough it'. This hotel had all the amenities you would expect but what made it stand out from the crowd was the dedicated staff. Nothing was too much trouble including cooking an Indian dish that wasn't on the menu! Our room was well serviced (although the new technology for informing housekeeping that they may enter the room did cause some confusion). The food was excellent, the pool was well maintained with water and fruit provided. Our only disappointment was that we hadn't booked a club room as we missed the treat of afternoon tea. Never mind - next time. If you would like somewhere to stay with not many children, delightful staff and you don't mind construction in the vincinity then stay here - you won't be disappointed - Well done Grovenor House!!
PS And internet access is included - how I hate being charged for it.

• Stayed May 2009
GrosvenorHouseDubai, Hotel Manager at Grosvenor House Dubai, responded to this review, June 1, 2009
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your first ever review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

We were delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and found that our staff were not only dedicated but also went out of their way to provide additional services during your stay. This included providing a truly unique Indian dish.

I was sorry to hear that you found our in-room electrical system a little confusing but hope that you managed to use the system to your advantage before you departed.

We look forward to looking after you and your guest in the not too distant future.

Shropshire, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2009

We have just arrived home from a 3 day stay at the Grosvenor. We had originally booked a 3 day break at Le Royal Meridien Hotel & Spa but when we arrived they were overbooked. We had booked 2 club rooms ( 2 adults and kids 10 & 13) but they had no interconnecting rooms and it would mean my husband and I split up with a child in each room. A very nice man on reception offered us a 2 bedroom apartment at the Grosvenor for no extra cost. We were a bit anxious as we had no prior knowledge of the Grosvenor, but we needn't have been worried. The first impression of the hotel, was imacculate. The staff at the hotel treated us like royalty and were very polite, attentive and helpful showing us to or "apartment". I think the hotel by the same name in London could learn a thing or two!The apartment was amazing.The buffet style breakfast and dinner were plentiful even for a picky 10 year old. The chefs would also cook anything for you if you wanted something different. All the waiters were very polite and attentive and made a fuss of the kids. This hotel catered for businessmen, but a family of 4 on a quick sun break were made to feel very welcome. The pool staff outside worked very hard in the 48 degrees heat. They would lay out your towel on the sun bed bring you complimetary water and fruit and keep your glass topped up with ice. The Grosvenor is the sister hotel to the Royal Meridien and there is a free shuttle bus between the hotels. We tended to go the the Meridien in the afternoon. Although this hotel was also impressive you were somehow lost in the size of it and did not feel as special as at the Grosvenor. Don't get me wrong the staff were also very polite and helpful here. All the staff at the Grosvenor from the lady who called the lift for you to the managers were wonderful, thank you for a fantastic stay.This was our first taste of Dubai and we will definately go back for more

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Dear Family Whitt,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review of Grosvenor House Dubai on Trip Advisor.

Having been moved from Le Royal Meridien to Grosvenor House, we were really pleased to hear that you enjoyed your short vacation and that the staff at the hotel treated you like Royalty being polite, attentive and helpful.

I was glad to hear that you found your apartment comfortable and that Sloane’s restaurant catered according to your needs.

With regards to our pool staff, I was pleased to hear that they looked after you and that you were able to enjoy our pool deck experience situated on the fourth floor of the hotel.

London, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2009

We have just returned from 4 nights at the Grosvenor and have throughly enjoyed everything about this wonderful hotel.
From the friendliness of the staff who will go out their way to make your stay a memorable one to the beautiful restaurants, bars and pool area this is without doubt the best hotel in Dubai.
As return visitors we were offered an upgrade to an apartment which was pure luxury.
I would have absolutely no hesitation recommending this hotel and look forward to returning when we are next in Dubai.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
GrosvenorHouseDubai, Hotel Manager at Grosvenor House Dubai, responded to this review, May 30, 2009
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of Grosvenor House Dubai on Trip Advisor so soon after your return.

We were delighted to learn that you enjoyed everything about the hotel and that our team made it a memorable stay.

On this occasion as we had availability, it was our pleasure to be able to upgrade you to an apartment which we were pleased you enjoyed.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel once again in the not too distant future.

Hotel Manager

Been to Grosvenor House Dubai? Share your experiences!