Like many others I booked this hotel after reading the positive reviews on trip advisor and I wasn't disappointed. My boyfriend and I stayed here for six nights for our first visit to Dubai and after visiting several other hotels whilst we were there I can honestly say I wouldn't have swapped the Grosvenor for any of them.
The room itself was spacious and well appointed and the bathroom was suitably luxurious. The huge bed was so comfy it was a bit of a stretch getting out of it every morning. House keeping were fantastic and it was a nice surprise each day to find out which fruit had been left in the room!!!
I challenge anyone to not find something they like at the breakfast buffet, we were truly spoilt for choice. All the usual cooked American/ English breakfast items (including baked beans, very important) as well as lots of fresh fruits, cereals, full continental, local foods and a station full of cakes and treats!
The location of the hotel was perfect for tourists, the Marina area is close to lots of good restaurants and bars and it only costs a few pounds to get anywhere in a taxi, which the wonderful doormen will summon for you. The metro stop is just a few minutes walk away you can get right into downtown Dubai on that for a couple of pounds.
We ate in one of the hotels restaurants, Indego, which was lovely and frequented both Bar44 and the Buddah Bar. We had a dip in the hotel pool, although it didn't get the sun all day round, and used the pool facilities at the sister hotel too which were much bigger and ideal for a relaxing day.
Everything was spotlessly clean and well presented and the staff were all polite and helpful.
My only slight niggle, which is just a general culture difference I guess, was that when checking in we were asked to provide a credit card for any charges to the room. I went in my purse and provided my card and the gentlemen on reception put my card in the machine, entered the details and then passed it to my boyfriend for him to put the pin in. He looked slightly awkward and passed it back to me and I did the honours. It was a very small exchange, but it left me fuming! My other half doesn't even have a credit card and as I'd paid for the whole booking in my name it really got my back up. The assumption that my boyfriend should have been the one paying and I was simply there for the ride really offended me.
Now I realise it is a cultural difference and we encountered this in other establishments too but in a 5* hotel that must have western women staying there all the time I would have expected a bit more equality.
So aside from that the whole trip was great and going back each night to the GH was a real treat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A flawless Arabian jewel in the heart of new Dubai and with the clear blue waters of the Arabian Gulf at its doorstep, stands Grosvenor House. 422 stunning rooms, suites or apartment suites to choose from and you will get a spectacular view of the Dubai Marina or the Arabian Gulf. With 12 exotic restaurants and bars, there will never be a dull moment. Retreat Health & Spa invigorates the senses and rejuvenates the body. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Amex, Venere and Otel so you can book your Grosvenor House Dubai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grosvenor House Dubai Hotel Dubai
- Le Meridien Dubai
- Grosvenor House Hotel Dubai
- Grosvenor Hotel Dubai
- Dubai Le Meridien
- Grosvenor Dubai