“Best hotel ever!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grosvenor House Dubai

Save Saved
You added Grosvenor House Dubai to your Saves list
Grosvenor House Dubai
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Al Sufouh Road | Dubai Marina, Dubai 118500, United Arab Emirates   |
Ranked #4 of 477 hotels in Dubai
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Best hotel ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here for four days as part of our two week vacation. This was our first time staying in Dubai and we couldn't have been more impressed. This was possibly the best hotel that either of us have ever stayed in. From the time we stepped off the plane, the hotel was extremely accommodating with hotel transfers and once we arrived, couldn't have been more helpful in getting settled into our room. Our room was amazingly nice with great amenities and a perfect balcony with view of the marina and ocean. The staff was extremely proactive the entire time with making sure our stay was going well and anything we needed, they provided. If possible, meet and speak with Assumtha Bernadina, the assistant guest services manager. From recommendations for activities, dinner reservations, transportation options, etc. she and her staff provided the most exceptional service. We will definitely be staying here again when we come back to Dubai.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
GHLRM, General Manager at Grosvenor House Dubai, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.

We were delighted to hear that you enjoyed the services and facilities of the hotel during your four nights stay with us and that your first trip to Dubai was a positive one.

It was a pleasure to note that we met your expectations with regards to service and the facilities of the hotel and your kind comments are greatly appreciated.

Thank you once again for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back.

2,410 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (533)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Excellent in every way!

-Spacious rooms with big balconies
-Extremely comfortable beds
-Modern and new all the way through
-If you care about details then you would be pleased to hear that all their toiletries provided are Bvlgari.
-Excellent and spotless room cleaning service.
-Absolutely courteous and hard working employees everywhere in the hotel . You feel like you are treated like royalty.
-There are 2 swimming pools at this hotel, however one was shut for improvements, so we ended up using the other one. The pool service was great and food was delcious! We also made 2 trips to the sister hotel and enjoyed the pool and immaculate grounds over there as well (free of charge) . The food service at the pool was nice. It is worth noting that the guys work really hard although it was really hot (around 50 degrees)!
-The hotel provides complimentary bus service to the mall which was great.
-I loved the grand marble entrance of the hotel decorated with fresh roses all around the lobby.
- We visited Dubai in Ramadan and eating was not a big problem although none of the restaurants outside the hotel allow consuming food on premises, you can still:
1.order a take away and eat it at the hotel
2. order room service directly from the hotel
3.order food over the phone from a restaurant delivered to your room.

Absolutely loved it there!
Classy, modern, & sheek!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to hear that you had an amazing experience at the hotel and were pleased with the service and facilities that we have on offer for our guests.

All your kind comments are greatly appreciated and will be shared with the team accordingly.

It was indeed our pleasure to have you staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back.

New Zealand
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

In summary: ok at half the price, but not ok for a five star hotel, due to unresponsive service (not just once, but on four separate matters), noisy location, ugly view, plain interior design. Stay elsewhere, or better yet, avoid Dubai.

If the Grosvenor House Dubai is, as TripAdvisor reviews attest, the second best hotel in Dubai, then there is room in Dubai for a competent operator to set up business and win market share.

I stayed at the Grosvenor House Tower Two for two nights on the way to Europe (in one of the more expensive types of rooms below the suite level - can't remember what it was called), and subsequently resolved never to visit Dubai again.

Service failure #1: I had to prompt the hotel to organise the limo transfer from the airport that was included with the room I booked, even though I had provided flight details with the reservation. I had expected to receive transfer confirmation a couple of days before arrival along with details of the meet and greet arrangement at the airport. That's how other hotels do it. Not here - nada. In the end it went without a glitch, but I'm not sure it would have gone so well had I not pushed.

Reception at the hotel was fine but clunky: instead of sitting me down (admittedly with a drink) and running various requested documents back and forth between me and the reception desk, it would have been quicker and easier to have just stood me in front of the desk. They could always have subsequently brought me the drink once I was in my room, or as the Pen in Bangkok did, just checked me in in the room and left me in peace asap.

The room was noisy and the view ugly. A six lane motorway (plus at least another two lanes of exits and overbridges under construction) passes directly by the hotel on two sides, on which folks with overpowered and therefore noisy cars sped by at all hours of day and night. I was given a room just a couple of floors higher than this motorway, despite having requested a room on a high floor. There was a balcony, but there's no way you would use it given the noise, even if you liked the sauna temperatures outside. Similarly, the swimming pool overlooked this motorway.

The room was nice enough, nothing special. Nice high ceilings. Whatever wood veneer was used (by the acre) in the hotel's interior wasn't to my taste. The bathroom was uninspired. Water in the toilet cistern ran incessantly.

Service failure #2: Partly because my room rate included club access, which comes with food, I had asked about a week in advance whether the hotel could cater for my medically restricted diet (doing so is not at all difficult and I even provided suggestions: plain steak and rice would do it - it just needs to be plain; other hotels have handled this very well). I heard nothing ahead of my stay. I heard nothing on my arrival. I heard nothing when I rang for room service ... until the final day of my stay when someone on the room service line asked if I'd like the packed lunch that I had requested for my flight tomorrow. Yes please. Unfortunately it turned out to contain some pungent ingredient that couldn't possibly have been anything on the list of allowed foods I'd provided, making it inedible. Just as well I'd packed rice crackers.

Service failure #3: How can a concierge desk not manage to organise sending a box through the post? Heaven forbid someone asks something demanding of them. When I asked for assistance posting something home, the concierge desk was steadfast in telling me it couldn't be done except through courier (costing several times more than the item itself) because the post office was closed. The last place I'd made a request of this kind, at the Hotel Widder in Zurich, they had brought me a selection of boxes, offered to pack for me (not necessary), and organised to despatch it through the post office and charge the expense to my card following departure. Simple and effective - just not at the Grosvenor House.

Likewise with other elements of the service, although there were plenty of staff around, the service didn't seem polished or as friendly as at hotels of similar status in other cities.

Service failure #4: On leaving I filled out the feedback card and left it with reception, making pretty clear my disappointment. Haven't heard a squeek since.

My recommendation to travellers stopping over in Dubai: Stay overnight at the airport terminal hotel. It's nothing special if not downright ugly, maybe three to four stars and priced like a five star, but it sure is practical and allows one to recuperate from flights without having to drive into this hot, dusty, superficial, atmosphere-less, culture-less, impractical, unsustainable, construction site of a city that can't seem to put together a proper hotel experience.

(And when will Emirates stop parking planes at the other end of the airport and busing passengers for 30 minutes to the terminal? I thought nowadays this only happened in the least developed backblocks of Africa.)

Again, how can this be the second best hotel in a city as filled with hotels as Dubai is? Bring on Four Seasons, Peninsula and Mandarin Oriental.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that isn't anywhere near the six-lane motorway running around the hotel - e.g. at...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights to relax,arrived at night, checked in was good but not impressive. I was escorted to the room by a gentleman who was very talkative, i was tired that day and all i want was to hit the bed on the first night after a long week of work. Room was great, huge bathtub and excellent bathroom amenities, standing shower was excellent..major let down was the Sloane's buffet breakfast, lesser variety..i love muffins and croissants but i don't think it was freshly baked. Over all average 2 night stay, not great, not bad at all. Oopps...Buddha Bar is fantastic as usual :)

Room Tip: high floor
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

We are glad to know that you were pleased with the room which we had allocated, bathroom amenities as well as with your dining experiences in Buddha bar. However, we are sorry as you were not fully satisfied with your overall experiences at the hotel. Your kind comments are positively taken on aboard and will be reviewed accordingly.

Thank you once again for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to be of service in the near future.

Skåne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

The best hotel we ever visited. We ( 2 adults and 2 teenagers ) had a fantastic time and we actually booked GH directly when we got home. 9 more nights in February 13, cant wait..... We had a Premier room and then got access to Level 5 which were perfect, great value. Staff is very professional and friendly all the time.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to hear that you had a fantastic time at the hotel and having booked for a Premier room glad that you found the benefits to be good value for money.

We are equally pleased to hear that you were happy with the service of our ambassadors and found them to be very professional and friendly. This will be shared with the team accordingly.

Thank you once again for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in February.

Beresford, South Dakota, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I moved to this hotel from the Radisson, since I am here on business with a really hectic schedule. The Radisson is a vacation/shopping type hotel with families, etc. and I wanted something a little more reserved. I found that the type of hotel I am looking for in Dubai is pretty hard to find, since this is mainly a vacation city, such as Vegas. If anyone has any recommendations on a small, business hotel that is quiet, please let me know - thanks!

When I arrived at the Grosvenor House, I realized there are two towers - oh great, well the small hotel idea just went out the window. Then at the concierge and front desk, they could not find my reservation, even though I made it with my Starwood number! They had to call the manager who finally found it. Then I found that they allow smoking in rooms and the restaurant - yuck. I tried to call the Marriott just down the street (which I know is globally non-smoking), but no answer, so I stayed at the GH.

Room was spectacular and a suite. Had two balconies overlooking the water. Later, when I returned to my room, there was a bottle of wine that I assumed was for the reservation goof-up, but not sure, so I drank it, lol. A note would have been a nice touch to explain. They do a good job here, but a few complaints: (1) there are so many light switches (which are not marked) that I could NEVER figure out how to turn off all the lights off at night, I just gave up. I could not figure out how to turn on the Do Not Distrib sign either. (2) I had several issues with the Internet and had to call several times for assistance. For this caliber of hotel, when they promise that IT will contact me, I should not have to call again. Same thing happened when I changed my departure date and I was assured that reservations would call me back, but did not. Good selection of television channels, ipod docking station, DVD player (but does not work with DVDs from the USA). There are also two different telephone systems in the room and the IT guys had to explain it to me: I guess one for outgoing calls, and one for incoming calls???? Go figure. I think they may have overdone the technology a bit here. I also got several masssages at the spas (there are two); I got one at each and they were excellent. For me, this hotel is entirely too big, too glamorous. I prefer the smaller properties where people know you by name when you return from a day of business, etc. I would split this hotel into two properties. Good luck.

Room Tip: I would have slept much better if there blue lights on the balcony, if I could turn out the lights a...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and feedback on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us at the Grosvenor House Dubai.

We are sorry to read that you had encountered few difficulties during your recent stay at the hotel. Please may I assure you that we take all our guest feedback very seriously and always appreciate both constructive and positive comments as it helps us to continually review and improve our product/service standards.

It is never our intention to disappoint any of our guests and would like to apologize for not having met your expectations on this occasion.

Red Deer, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We typically stay in B&B's and the like. We have stayed in luxury hotels/resorts in the past, but we enjoy a more independent/personal atmosphere. Large hotels just don't feel very authentic to me. Also I must be one of a rare breed of girl who doesn't like to be spoiled all the time. On that note, our 4 nights in this hotel may have given me a somewhat different outlook.

Every single staff member we encountered was the very picture of excellent customer service. They were there to help you with every little thing, or would smile and wave at (or greet by name) you as you walked by. I was taking a picture of the bird sculpture in the lobby, and one of the staff saw me, came over and asked if we'd like one together (which was much appreciated because when it's just the two of us we don't get many pictures together). The same thing happened when I was taking a picture in Indego. That's just a small example.

The bed was incredible, I could have just stayed in it all day. Bathroom was large and well-appointed, we made good use of the clothesline too. Satellite TV had tons of options and we used it more than I thought we would. There is also an iPod dock (not for an iPhone 5 though unless you have the adapter).

We ordered room service breakfast one morning (Arabic breakfast). We ordered one breakfast to share out on the balcony and it was more than enough food for two of us. It was also delicious.

We ate at Indego our first night and it was fantastic - will post a separate review because that restaurant was so wonderful it deserves its own post. I highly recommend it if you love Indian food.

The location of the hotel was great for us, as the marina quickly became our favorite spot to hang out and sit down at one of the numerous restaurants for some shisha at night. We used the shuttle to go to the beach one day at Le Meridian. It's a pretty decent beach and worth a visit, but it won't blow you away. The chairs are also set very very far back from the water, so it's a pretty long walk to get out for a swim. But that could be due to some sort of hotel regulation for all I know. One of the more unique aspects of the beach is that it has a good view of the small airport where Skydive Dubai is located. You can watch people skydiving above the beach all day long which is pretty neat.

Did not use the spa, but we did use the pool. The pool itself is not very large, but the sunbeds are comfy. It also has a nice bar with some friendly bartenders who concoct drinks with ingredient combinations I would have never thought of (definitely suggest trying one).

The only (tiny) fault I could find was that we were on the 35th floor but we could still hear some street noise. I'm a very light sleeper and the bed was comfortable enough that I could easily fall asleep regardless. This hotel was a pleasure to stay in and I would return again. It was recommended to us by a family member and we were not disappointed. I guess I don't mind being spoiled SOMETIMES :)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us at Le Royal Meridien.

We are truly delighted to hear that you had enjoyed your 4 nights stay with us and were pleased with the overall service and facilities at the hotel.

All your kind comments with regards to our ambassadors, breakfast experience, dining experience in Indego, beds in the room etc are greatly appreciated.

It was indeed a pleasure to have you staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Pam Wilby

Been to Grosvenor House Dubai? Share your experiences!