“Really good and deluxe hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grosvenor House Dubai

You added Grosvenor House Dubai to your Saves list
Grosvenor House Dubai
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Al Sufouh Road | Dubai Marina, Dubai 118500, United Arab Emirates   |
Ranked #3 of 487 Hotels in Dubai
The Netherlands
“Really good and deluxe hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

This is al really good hotel. It is a bit business orientated but it is a lot cheaper than a hotel directly at the beach. You can use the beach and pool of the nearby Le Meridien and a shuttle bus will take you there. That pool is really nice (2 pools) and are surrounded by a big and beautiful garden. The Grosvenor house has really nice rooms with a Ipod docking station wich we found very handy. Also the breakfast is amazing and the staff is really friendly..
Unfortionately almost nothing in Dubai is in walking distance but the hotel has a shuttle bus to the beach and the 2 big malls.

Room Tip: Trie to get a high floor so you have a nice view over Dubai.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
GrosvenorHouseDubai, General Manager at Grosvenor House Dubai, responded to this review, August 23, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review about Grosvenor House Dubai on Trip Advisor.

We were delighted to hear that you enjoyed the services and facilities of the property and that you found our ambassadors to be very friendly.

Thank you once again for taking the time to recommend Grosvenor House and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Pam Wilby

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (593)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
leicester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

This is by far the best hotel I have ever stayed in, staff very friendly and always ready to help, when we arrived we was given I cold welcomed drink and a wet warm cloth to clean our hands and face, We decided to upgrade to club class when meant we were located higher up and had a deluxe room with access to a special drinks and snacks lounge also hotel rooms have designer toiletries and breakfast is a truely amazing experience with different variety of food, will definately return,

You also use the swimming facilties at Le Meridian (sister hotel) which was a added bonus, 5 stars all the way

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
GrosvenorHouseDubai, General Manager at Grosvenor House Dubai, responded to this review, August 4, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your Grosvenor House experiences on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to hear that you had enjoyed the hotel and found our Ambassadors to be very friendly and helpful.

All your kind comments are greatly appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Warwick, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

i have stayed here 5 times. i have tried other hotels in dubai and always regret it. not a family hotel but for couples it is perfect. the most courteous staff you will ever encounter. the level of service here puts (almost) every other hotel in the shade. cannot rec highly enough.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your loyalty towards our property and for recommending us on Trip Advisor.

It is always a pleasure to have you as our guests and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Manama, Bahrain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

We've been travelling for many years. We usually stay at any of the ICHG hotels. We decided to try something different and were very happy.

We were a little disappointed that we were not given the specific room type we booked, but a quick call to the concierge and a move was made with a minimum of fuss.

Breakfast was included and the buffet style is what you would expect from a premium hotel.

There is a pool area but it seemed bland, and hot! Well, it is July in the Middle East!
The link with the Meridian hotel made this trip with us - a free shuttle to the Meridian and the beach is there, not to mention the swim up bar and the ability to charge food and drinks to your room at Grosvenor. A very pleasant afternoon indeed ;-)

Bar44 gives great views and a sophisticated clientele and atmosphere.

Food and drinks are pretty much what you'd expect - overpriced; but the service is great.

Recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony room!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your time in posting your review about Grosvenor House Dubai on Trip Advisor.

It is a pleasure to hear that you had enjoyed your stay with us and that you were also able to visit and use the pool & beach facilities at our sister hotel Le Royal Meridien.

We look forward to be of service in the near future.

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel 4-5 times, but for the last 2 trips to Dubai I have stayed else where, it was so good to come back to the GH. They just excel at what they do, service is second to none, food choices and quality - the best in Dubai.

Highly, highly recommended, it is one of my fav hotels in the world.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
GrosvenorHouseDubai, General Manager at Grosvenor House Dubai, responded to this review, July 23, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time in recommending Grosvenor House Dubai on Trip Advisor.

It is always a pleasure to have you as our guests and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Beirut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2011

Since about 18 months, I've been traveling to Dubai for business very frequently. I always stay at the Grosvenor House. For me, it is simply the best in Dubai. The rooms are very comfortable, big, and light. Huge windows let in a lot of light. The beds are comfortable. Room service is great, good selection of foods, and I actually really like the room service staff, who are always seemingly in a good mood and up for a quick chat when they deliver and pick up the food. There are some very good restaurants and bars as well -- Bar 44 is nice for a relaxing drink in the evening, I quite enjoy the food at Indego restaurant, and Buddha Bar is, well, Buddha Bar.

Check in is pretty smooth, and, importantly for Dubai, there are pretty much always taxis available right outside.

I have spent a couple of weekends in the hotel as well, and although the hotel itself doesn't have a beach, guests get free access (and a shuttle) to the Royal Meridien located about 500m away. The facilities there are excellent, beautiful beach and pools, so nothing to complain about in terms of beach and sun either.

Staff is very professional and helpful, although on occasion a little pushy in insisting to take my luggage on arrival. This is a pet peeve of mine in all hotels, as I prefer to keep my luggage with me as that is much quicker and I travel light anyway.

Only once had a problem here with check-in, which was after a late arrival (around midnight), I was sent to a room where there were still cleaners inside cleaning. The staff member who was showing me to my room disappeared for a good 10 minutes, without explanation, leaving me standing in the hallway with my luggage, until he came back and took me to another room. Upon entering there, found a welcome letter addressed to another guest, and was taken again to another room. And of course each room was on a different floor. Finally, when I got to a room that was actually cleaned and available, my luggage never was brought up, and when I called after half an hour to inquire about this, it still took another 20 minutes to finally get there. The way in which this whole incident was handled was not very professional in my opinion, especially as I never really got the impression that management took the incident very seriously. In case they are reading this, just a warning: for people that travel all the time, it takes quite a few good experiences to really become comfortable and pleased with a hotel and wholehearted recommend it to friends and colleagues, but only 1 or 2 bad experiences to ruin it.

Despite the above, this is still one of the best hotels I have stayed in around the world. I will continue coming back as long as I keep coming to Dubai. In addition, am quite looking forward to seeing what the entirely new building will look like (expected completion in August 2011, I am told).

For SPG members, this is one hotel where platinum members ALWAYS get an upgrade to a suite. I've stayed in many SPG hotels where you only occasionally get upgrades, this is not one of those.

Room Tip: Rooms are identical on all floors, though lower floors get more traffic noise
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to hear that Grosvenor House Dubai has become your favorite business destination in Dubai.

It is a pleasure to read that you found our rooms & beds to be comfortable, ambassadors to be professional & helpful and also that you were able to make use of the facilities at Le Royal Meridien.

With regards to the difficulty that you had experienced upon arrival, please be assured that this has been addressed to the concerned manager to ensure that a similar situation does not re-occur. I appreciate you brining this to our attention and please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused to you.

Once again thank you for recommending us on Trip Advisor and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

After a night flight from Europe I appreciated very early check in and uppgrade to a beautiful corner suite with sea view.
I stayed six nights at Grosvenor House in Dubai Marina.
Dubai Marina is not the best location in Dubai for tourists. This hotel location is far from old Dubai with sights like Dubai museum, creek and gold souk (30 minutes with taxi). Also the new center of Dubai with Burj Khalifa and Dubai Mall is a bit away from Dubai Marina.
Three times a day Grosvenor House have a free shuttle service to Mall of the Emirates and Dubai Mall.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review about Grosvenor House Dubai on Trip Advisor.

It is a pleasure to read from your comments that on this occasion we had the opportunity to offer you both an early check-in as well as an upgrade to a suite.

It is great to have you as our guest and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Pam Wilby

Been to Grosvenor House Dubai? Share your experiences!