“Good location can't make up for such an aging property” 3 of 5 stars

Royal Falcon Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Salahuddin Rd, Dubai, United Arab Emirates   |
Ranked #426 of 486 Hotels in Dubai
Singapore
“Good location can't make up for such an aging property”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Dubai is an expensive place. I'm not sure for $60/night you would be able to find another hotel on top of a metro station that is vastly superior to this one. Maybe this is as good as it gets in this part of the world. Sigh!

I arrived at 2 am on a Friday night and people were walking and staggering out of the night clubs. I was able to get a room up on the 7th floor so the noise was minimized and everything died down considerably after 3:00 am, the official closing time. The hotel is old and needs a major renovation. The cleaning staff tried what they could to clean it but there's only so much you can do when things are so worn, frayed, loosened or need major repairs. The room was reasonably clean. But bed was hard as a cement floor. Pillows so old that the stuffing formed lumps in them. The front desk staff also tried hard to help you when you needed them. I think they owner probably tries to squeeze a few more years out of this aging property before spending millions to upgrade it or tear it down and build a new one. The owner wants to squeeze every last penny out of you including charging you 50 AED ($13 USD) for 24 hours of wi-fi. This is a major disappointment. I wish it were free like most hotels in the world today.

Overall, I think it's a bit overpriced. If this were in Bangkok or Saigon, it would be about $30 usd/night, which I think is more reasonable.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

The AC was very cold, that my husband had a fever during our stay and we cannot adjust it from our room because the main switch is at the hall of our floor and was locked, though the staff were friendly enough to adjust the AC whenever we complain.Choose floors that is 4th and above so you will not hear the night clubs in the lower floors. There is no complimentary water, tea etc. for we stayed 10 days in this hotel. The good thing about this hotel is that it is very near the metro station, just right outside its front door.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Eindhoven
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I definately do not recommend this hotel. The only good thing about it, is it's position for an overnight stay on a long flight. The roomtemperature is extremely low and you can't adjust it yourself. The bathroom is old and not clean. Waterpressure is very low so washing your hair isn't easy. Water is cold. There was no toiletpaper in our bathroom. The bed is hard and I even got bugbites and these weren't mosquitos. But the worst part was that there are 3 nightclubs in this hotel and the music is extremely loud. It keeps playing untill 4 in the morning. So if you want to sleep inbetween flights like us, find another hotel or stay on the airport, because even that is better than this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Abuja
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The Hotel is a moderately budget one. Situated in Deira and just by a metro station. The Hotel has about three night clubs. The night clubs may be disturbing to early sleepers as their activities run till late night.
Friendly staff, cheaper to book online even while in the hotel, hard mattresses, close to many malls and restaurants.
Renovation of the rooms is ongoing as at the time I stayed. No swimming pool no Fitness centre but massage room

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors are better to avoid noises from the night clubs
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Do not ever try to stay in this hotel....staff are bad..room and facilities were super bad...for four days stay, we were transferred from 3 rooms...from rm 403 to 501 to 511...the dirtiest hotel I've ever encountered...and in room 501, in the middle of my sleep at around 1 am, I was awaken by heavy drops of water from the ceiling that even my iPad was so wet but the hotel staff didn't even care about the disturbance that they gave to us...no incentives or whatever for the damages they incurred...the water in the shower was too hot that can burn your skin and the staff told us that the water in dubai is really like that...you can even make coffee out of the water from the faucet...other reason they gave us was that it was because was too hot outside so the water was hot...huh...dumb reasoning...we asked for a bucket and scoop as alternative in the shower room, they cannot provide....must BAN this hotel.....from the staff down to the hotel facilities completely ZERO rating or negative....I'm bing anyway from Philippines...

Stayed June 2013
Dublin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was fine for my overnight stopover in Dubai, easy to get to on the metro from and to airport, it's very basic, rick hard bed, 3 Arabic nightclubs on first floor so make sure you stay on top floors. Fine for one night but wouldn't want to stay any longer.

• Stayed April 2013
Karachi
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

My travel agent booked this hotel for me. Check in was quick .
Room was not in a very good condition . They cleaned it after I reached there. Staff was not very friendly. I couldn't control the Aircon sometimes it was too cold and sometimes i felt to slightly raise the temp but there was no aircon controller in my room . Lights are dim even if you switch on all the bulbs, there is not enough light. Only arabic TV channels. Soon after sunset it looks like a brothel. I had to pay 100Dhs for entry in Karaoke bar (I was expecting free entry as I was staying in the hotel).

I sleep late at night . I tried ordering a juice/soft drink and some snacks at night but nothing was available.

I was on 5th Floor so I was not disturbed by loud noise of club etc. Sleep was at least comfortable for me.

I always tried to stay out as there was nothing good to do in this hotel.

One positive point is its location . Near to Metro station, some good malls near by including Deira City Centre.

It is cheap as compared to other hotels , but seriously they need some good management and too much improvement in quality of rooms .

Room Tip: I have heard that Hotels in Bur Dubai are much better.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo

Been to Royal Falcon Hotel? Share your experiences!