“Pampered perfection” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dar Al Masyaf at Madinat Jumeirah

Save Saved
You added Dar Al Masyaf at Madinat Jumeirah to your Saves list
Dar Al Masyaf at Madinat Jumeirah
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Al Sufouh Road | Madinat Jumeirah Resort, Dubai 75157, United Arab Emirates   |
Special Offer
JUMEIRAH WINTER FLAVOURS
Ranked #1 of 479 Hotels in Dubai
Singapore
“Pampered perfection”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2010

From the airport greeter that met us as we stepped off of the plane and escorted us through immigration and customs to our check out we felt pampered and cared for by the staff. This hotel is absolutely beautiful and like a sparkling fantasy that could easily have been the setting for one of Scheherazade's tales.

We stayed in a Gulf Summer House Suite with a great view of the ocean. The bathroom was huge and beautiful as was the suite. Internet connection was complimentary, fast, and reliable. The canals and boats are a lovely way to get around the resort and the atmosphere is intoxicating. We felt it struck the perfect balance between a romantic resort and a family friendly resort. There are tons of things to do here. It is a huge complex though and while the Summer Houses are small and intimate the resort complex is enormous and it can be confusing at first.

Food is a bit hit or miss depending on the restaurant, and reservations are a must. We had difficulty getting reservations for some of the restaurants when we arrived so I would recommend planning ahead and booking before you leave home if you are visiting during the high season. Room service was quick and efficient. The breakfast buffet at the restaurant by the pool was average but the service was great.

Overall we thought it was a terrific choice and would recommend the resort without hesitation particularly to families traveling with children.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Dar Al Masyaf at Madinat Jumeirah, responded to this review, March 8, 2010
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share such a detailed and complimenting review of your stay with us at Dar Al Masyaf. It was with great pleasure to learn how much you and your family enjoyed your holiday.

I am most grateful that you have acknowledged the service, efforts and efficiency of our team members from the time you arrived at the airport and throughout your stay at our Resort. We make every effort to ensure your expectations are exceeded and provide a truly personalized service on all occasions.

I apologize if you encountered difficulty in getting reservations at some of our restaurants during your stay. Indeed, we had quite a few events and holidays in February resulting to high demands for our restaurants within the resort. I appreciate that this experience has not tainted your overall impression of your holiday with us.

Once again, thank you for rating our Resort as a ‘terrific choice’ amongst other accommodation options in Dubai and for recommending us to your friends and family.

Stephan Schupbach

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (528)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
London, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2010

Dar Al Masyaf reaches new heights even for Dubai – which itself is an amazing city where everything is already top class.

If you are looking for a place where you can relax in total Arabian luxury, with excellent service and yet plenty of options for fun (for those moments when you do feel active) – then look no further than the Dar Al Masyaf at Madinat Jumeriah.

We had already stayed at the Al Qasr last year (which we can also wholly recommend), but staying at the Dar Al Masyaf was something else. Our favourite points:
• The rooms and especially bathrooms are superb
• The service is a very high standard. (Especially at Breakfast!)
• The food, both the hotel group and in the surrounding area, was fantastic.
• We loved being able to walk to everything and then take a boat or buggy back when feeling a little tipsy.

Everything about the Madinat Jumeirah Resort, and in particular the Dar Al Masyaf itself, was first class Arabian luxury. Attention is given everywhere, from the beautifully maintained gardens, to the immaculate cleanliness of the rooms, beach, restaurants, paths and so on. Better still - it is all taken care of so discretely, nobody disturbs you or gets in your way – (unless to offer that all important cold towel or complimentary ice lolly on the beach!). Fantastic.

We truly cannot recommend this place enough. We are experienced travellers, and one very unique achievement of Dar Al Masyaf is its suitability for all ages, family holidays or romantic getaways alike. It also manages a very personal service, almost boutique in its nature, yet within the diversity of a large and spacious resort. Not an easy balance to achieve. Our whole family are repeat guests because this is a hotel that has thought of everything and really looks after its customers.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I am truly delighted to read your very positive reviews of Dar Al Masyaf and would like to sincerely thank you for your loyalty to our Resort.

It is truly our pleasure to note your kind compliments of our facilities, service standards and our efforts to ensure your holidays with us continue to exceed your expectations.

Once again, thank you for your time in reviewing Dar Al Masyaf and for recommending our Resort on TripAdvisor. Along with my team, we sincerely look forward to welcoming you back to Madinat Jumeirah in the very near future.

Montreal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2010

I had made a reservation at the AL QASR but was upgraded to DAR AL MASYAF after a slight hiccup upon my arrival. Dar Al Masyaf is a series of Villas with Butler services in each villa. We were in Villa 1, Room 107. The rooms are large, fresh and airy with large balconies. My room was on the Gulf side and close to everything; the beach, Madinat Souk across the canal, and restaurants. It's an absolutely beautiful site. I stayed at the Al Qasr last year and loved it but Dar Al Masyaf is a notch above the rest.

Our favorite Butlers, Lalith and Lex were wonderful! All our needs were met and then some. They really took care of us and I'm not used to be taken care of, so this was GREAT! The entire staff greets you with a smile everytime, no request is turned down and nothing is impossible.

I went there to celebrate my birthday and on the day of, I got flowers from the Butler staff, 2 little cakes, Birthday Greetings from the General Manager of Dar Al Masyaf as well as a monogramed bathrobe that I was looking to buy because I loved it so much. I was in AWE to say the least! For the first time in my life I felt like a 'somebody'!

The breakfast buffet was great as usual and my brother and I were quite....... surprised when the Chef came to see us and asked if we had any special request (my brother having Crone's disease needs a special diet). The Chef often came by our table to check on my brother and myself.

On our last morning, as we were leaving the restaurant after breakfast, the restaurant staff along with the Chef were there to shake our hand and see us off. Now I travel extensively and I have stayed in many, many five star hotels, especially here in Dubai and I have never been treated like this ANYWHERE ELSE! We were absolutely floored.

The only complaint that I have and keep bringing up on all my surveys is this - NOT ENOUGH ELECTRICAL OUTLETS IN THE ROOMS! Why is this?

Apart from that I have no complaints. I LOVE this hotel and will be returning and requesting Lalith and Lex as my Butlers - those guys were super attentive.

• Stayed February 2010
london
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2010

i have rated this Very Good simply because Average seemed a little unfair given how lovely the hotel is (as it should be at the price). However, i don't think we would return and overall we found the experience disappointing. We stayed at the Dar Al Masyaf for 6 days during Feb 2010, having previously stayed at various similar hotels in Dubai, including the Mina Salaam and the Jumeirah Beach. We had a villa in the higher numbers but I would advise you to request a villa in the lower numbers, ie closer to the souk and restaurants as most nights we had to wait at least 15 minutes for a boat or buggy to pick us up due to our villa being so far out.
'We were quite happy with the room, which was large and comfortable with a big bathroom. Ours didn't, but many of the rooms had a lovely view over the water, which would definitely be worth requesting. I believe they claim all the rooms have a view of the water - they probably do if you crane your neck out of a window, but some have balconies directly on to the water.
Our main complaint was the service, really. When you are paying top rates, as you are in Dubai, you expect everything to be just so. Unfortunately it wasn't always and we were left with a sense that all was not well with the hotel and staff.
From a disappointing Valentine's night dinner at Shimmers on our first night (orders were forgotten, glasses were not topped up (when neither our wine or water had been left on our table so that we could top up ourselves), there was an hours wait between starter and main course without apology, and we had mixed reviews of the food), to sloppy service in our room (tv remote didn't work and took 3 days to replace even after chasing twice a day, it was hard to tell if turndown service had happened or not as covers were not smoothed out and pillows barely plumped, glasses were not replaced in the minibar each day, etc etc. Small things perhaps, but there were many of these small things and it is the detail that makes the difference at this level of hotel.
On a more positive note, breakfast at the Al Qasr was great (staying at the Dar Al Masyaf you can chose from 3 breakfast locations - we found the Al Qasr to be the best), and the service at Pai Tai was very good. Other dinner experiences included the Chinese Restaurant at the Mina Salaam which was good, and Pisces, the seafood restaurant in the souk, which was decidedly average (and expensive).
We went to Dubai, and chose this hotel, because we were looking for a little luxury and something special. Unfortunately,I don't believe we found this at the Madinet Jumeirah and I suspect this will be our last visit.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
Wietze
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2010

Perfect service,excellent room, first class breakfast. We´ll be back.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Dar Al Masyaf at Madinat Jumeirah, responded to this review, February 21, 2010
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share a complimenting review of your stay with us at Dar Al Masyaf.

We certainly pride ourselves on delivering the highest quality experiences for our guests and I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the services and facilities we provide.

We look very much forward to welcoming you back to Dar Al Masyaf on your next visit to Dubai.

Basel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2010

First of all and also the main point of this review: This is a great resort and as I travel a lot, I definetly will come back soon. A lot have been said in the other reviews about the great location, very nice beach area and fantastic food and restaurants. All true.
There are some negative points however. First, you get called in the night at 3 o'clock to check whether you are indeed the person you mentioned on the room check at Latitude. So, make sure you always mention your room number and that you stay at DAM when you eat in one of the restaurants. By the way, there was not any apologies given by the staff although I asked them that this should not happen again. Second, the villa 21(or 22, I don't remember), we stayed the first nights was noisy with the highway so near and a repair facility of DAM nearby. We changed to villa 11 which is close to the tennis courts and less noisy. The new room was ground floor, although we insisted to have first floor as in the villa before. Again, no sort of excuses by the staff. Still I think it is a wonderful experience to stay at the DAM (and worth the money!!) but there are these small things which are not solved very appropriate, which makes the stay not absolutely fabolous.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2010

We just returned home from Dar al masyaf. I have to say I was very disappointed. We have done a lot of traveling and have never been disappointed in any place we have been to until now. The bad things: Our room was pathetic. The food was not good. The drinks were ok, just not a lot to choose from. The pool satff to busy and villa staff never available. The hotel is very run down and needs many improvements to keep up with other resorts in Dubai.We would return to Dubai, but never to Daar Al amasyaf. I assume that everyone who loved the resort has never stayed anywhere very nice in the past.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Dar Al Masyaf at Madinat Jumeirah? Share your experiences!