“Fabulous Honeymoon Destination” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dar Al Masyaf at Madinat Jumeirah

Save Saved
You added Dar Al Masyaf at Madinat Jumeirah to your Saves list
Dar Al Masyaf at Madinat Jumeirah
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Al Sufouh Road | Madinat Jumeirah Resort, Dubai 75157, United Arab Emirates   |
Special Offer
HALF BOARD PACKAGE OFFER
Ranked #1 of 471 hotels in Dubai
“Fabulous Honeymoon Destination”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

We stayed at the Dar Al Masyaf in April for the first part of our honeymoon and also it was our first visit to Dubai. We were really impressed from the start. We booked an Arabian Summerhouse Double but on arrival we were told we had been upgraded to a Suite which was a lovely suprise. The suite was a real wow to walk into. I have never stayed in a place like this before, there were 3 balconies, a walk in wardrobe which lead to a huge bathroom with a huge wak in shower. The toiletries and amenities were plentiful - Penhaligon's and large bottles at that! The bedroom was enormous with the most comfortable bed ever (If I could have smuggled that out I would!) There was a lounge area with a large tv and a docking port for your i-pod/pad. The kitchenette area had a Nespresso machine, bottled water free and all over the place, the mini bar had various cans of soft drink (approx £4.50 each so drink slowly!) champagne, wines and spirits, plus pots of crisps, haribo and cookies if you have the munchies. The butlers were lovely, very friendly, efficient and helpful (as were all of the staff there). The little boats (Aborahs) were a nice novelty and plenty of them. If you didn't want to go by boat you can go by golf buggy. I had a massage at the Talise spa for a 90 minute aromatherapy whilst I was there which was lovely and relaxing and the spa was beautiful inside. All of the restaurants we visited were excellent service and a vast choice on the menu. We were given a booklet with various different offers when we arrived so we made use of these where we could as it is an expensive place to eat and drink. We visited the Wild Wadi waterpark during our stay which was great fun. The shared pool for our few villas was lovely being on the doorstep of the suite - not so lovely was the screeching and splashing kids that happened to be staying there that week! (Come on parents keep them down the other end and out of the way of the honeymooners!) that said, it seemed an ideal set up for families - there is so much there to entertain kids and the layouts made life hassle free. They even had play pens on the beach next to the cabanas.

Whilst we were there we visited Bab Al Shams Al Mahara restaurant in the desert, ate at the Burj on their 'Culinary flight' experience and went up the Kalifer building. There is so much to see and so that we will definately be back and will come back to the Dar Al Masyaf, we felt so looked after and valued as guests which really made our stay.

Room Tip: If you can stretch to a suite do it!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Dar Al Masyaf at Madinat Jumeirah, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

Allow me to personally express my gratitude that you have chosen Dar Al Masyaf Hotel as the first stop of your honeymoon and would like to take this opportunity to congratulate you on your recent marriage.

Thank you for your warm comments regarding the friendliness and efficiency of our butlers. Indeed we pride our self in ensuring every expectation is exceeded. I am also grateful that you find the overall resort facilities and the amenities that we offer in our villa to your satisfaction.

Once again, thank you for taking the time in sharing your feedback regarding your experience in TripAdvisor. Your feedback is very much appreciated and I personally take immense pleasure in sharing your comments with our colleagues.

1,633 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (370)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

plusses: excellent facilities, distance to beach, rooms, clean, food, great fitness, quiet despite fully booked, great bar and nice restaurants

room for improvement: bit artificial, feels like disneyworld.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us at Dar Al Masyaf on TripAdvisor.

I am very pleased to read your comments that you were impressed in our facilities and services that we offer in the resort. Indeed we pride our self in exceeding guest expectations.

Along with the rest of the team in Dar Al Masyaf, I am looking forward to welcoming you on your next stay with us.

Galway, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

My husband and I have just returned from a fantastic stay at Dar Al Masyaf. What makes this place so special are the staff. We had the pleasure of having Mona Lisa as our Butler and she was truly amazing. Such a gentle and considerate person. Mona Lisa moved to another villa after our 5th day and we then had the pleasure of meeting with Navin who was great also. We enjoyed the sundowner in the courtyard and met a lovely family from another villa every evening. Sarah took care of our villa and she was fantastic, always singing and leaving lovely animal towels every night. Lito in Tuscana was also super as were Lillian and Michelle in the Khubba Bar who remembered us from last year and greeted us with a hug. Lovely in the Bahri Bar was always smiling! I visited the Spa for a treatment and Roserin was my therapist - she was a lovely lady from Thailand and did an excellent job. We love returning to Madinat, we stayed in the Mina and Al Qasr in the past. Hard to pick from the three but Mina and DAM would be our favourites. The beach is to die for and the restaurants are top class, our favourites being Pai Thai, Al Hambra, Tuscana and the lovely Pier Chic. We cannot wait to return again, hopefully next year! Thank you to all the staff members.

Room Tip: Villa number 1605 was overlooking the water ways - just beautiful!
Dear Guest,

Allow me to personally express my gratefulness that you have chosen Dar Al Masyaf Hotel as a destination of choice. It is very heart warming to read comments like these from our valued guests.

Thank you for your warm comments regarding your overall experience with our colleagues. Indeed we pride ourselves in our dedication to guest satisfaction. I am especially pleased that we have exceeded your expectations and will definitely share these wonderful comments to our Butler team.

We make every effort to ensure your expectations are exceeded in this regard and I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your personal experience and acknowledge our efforts.

Sandbach, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at the Dar Al Masyaf. We have two young children and the facilities are superb with the Abra winding through the resort providing easy access and stunning scenery along with the excellent Sinbad’s children’s pool and play area. All the staff were brilliant particularly Yesh, Kevin and Gracie. There was also a great varity of food to choose from with staff always really accommodating to the children and offering first class service.
Thanks for a great Holiday

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

It is with great pleasure to read your very kind review. I am so pleased to learn that your family have enjoyed the facilities that we offer in the resort and I would like to express my sincere appreciation for your positive feedback.

Indeed we pride ourselves with our world-class facilities that cater to all our guests’ comfort. I am also happy that you have enjoyed our multi-awarded restaurants along with the first class service that we provide to our guest.

Thank you for making Dar Al Masyaf as your destination of choice. We certainly look forward to welcoming you on your return next year.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

We stayed in this hotel just few weeks after we lost our only daughter. We were devastated but were soon relieved with what this resort offered us. We stayed in Al Qasr and Mina A Salam as well. All great properties individually, Dar Al Masyaf being the best among these three. They had evening happy hour, the courtyard was stunning! Truly this place gives you a memorable experience that cherish a life time!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Dar Al Masyaf at Madinat Jumeirah, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us on Trip Advisor. I am saddened to learn and would like to extend our deepest condolences of your recent loss.

On a separate note, it gives me such pride to know that our colleagues was able to exceed your expectations and look after you and we were able to extend our greatest effort to make you feel comfortable during your stay and we look forward to welcoming you once again to our resort in the near future.

Yours sincerely

Dubai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Dar Al Masyaf is the ultimate hotel in the world - we've stayed three times in the past three years and we love it. Once you have stayed here all other hotels will feel second rate!!
The villas are beautiful and your every need is catered for by a private butler. They have a staff policy that their first answer to any request will never be no and it never is!! The pools and beach are lovely and my 3 year old daughter loved the kids club area. The restaurants are great and there's a huge variety to choose from. What really distinguishes this hotel from the rest is the amazing resort and the first rate customer service - in my opinion Jumeirah Hotels in general have all got the best customer service (and Dar Al Masyaf has the best rooms too). I cannot rate this hotel highly enough stay here and you are guaranteed a VIP experience.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your loyalty to Jumeirah Hotels & Resorts and for continuing to chose to stay with us when you visit Dubai. I am delighted to learn how much you enjoyed your most recent holiday and I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and recommend our Resort.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back on your return to Dubai.

Yours sincerely,

Dubai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

I've lived in Dubai for almost 8 years and frequented the Madinate, Al Qasr and Mina A'SAlam more times than I care to remember, but had not come across Dar Al Masyaf until very recently. I booked a one night stay with Sirius rewards points and my husband and I had the most amazing night away, even though it rained the whole time!
Journey to the villas is by boat, and this makes the arrival extra special. Each villa, of about 9 or 10rooms, have their own receptionist and butler who are on hand to help with every thing. The rooms themselves are really big for central Dubai standards and a huge bathroom.
Each cluster of 3 villas have their own pool. Absolutely fine as we sat under the umbrella and the only ones out in the rain. If there happened to have noisy children wouldn't be anywhere to escape to... Although you can use both the Al Qasr and Mina A'Salam pools and beaches.
Each room had a decent size balcony, and we had lunch both days on there and breakfast. We were overlooking the gardens, close to Al Sufour road, which was a little noisy when on the balcony. I think this was because we were rewards rather than full paying guest, which is fair enough. I'd have been a little disappointed if we'd paid full price for this room and would have requested to be moved to a canal view.
For two hours in the evening there was an open bar in the reception/majlis area of the villa and was lovely to sit in the central open courtyard with a glass of champagne.
The staff were unbelievable. All smiles and super keen to help. They arranged an early check-in (about noon) and a slightly later check out (1pm) with no issues. The phone in our room wasn't working and that was fixed within 30minutes. We ordered 3 lots of room service and each time came promptly and well presented. can't fault the staff in the slightest.
For a resort hotel, this may well make an appearance in my top 3 in Dubai!

Room Tip: I'd suggest you request a first floor room overlooking the canal. Villas 19-21 seemed to have th...
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us in Dar Al Masyaf with your husband. I am delighted that we were able to accommodate you and exceed your expectation on our colleague’s services, room amenities and our pool facilities whether in the villa or around the resort.

On behalf of the entire Dar Al Masyaf team, we look forward to welcoming you once again to our resort in the near future.

Yours sincerely

Hotel Manager

Been to Dar Al Masyaf at Madinat Jumeirah? Share your experiences!