“fifth visit and can't fault!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dar Al Masyaf at Madinat Jumeirah

You added Dar Al Masyaf at Madinat Jumeirah to your Saves list
Dar Al Masyaf at Madinat Jumeirah
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Al Sufouh Road | Madinat Jumeirah Resort, Dubai 75157, United Arab Emirates   |
Special Offer
JUMEIRAH WINTER FLAVOURS
Ranked #1 of 487 Hotels in Dubai
Morpeth
“fifth visit and can't fault!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Returned in early December from our fifth visit to DAM, staying in gulf villa ( (second time). great room to relax in and always sleep well in their beds, Butlers were spot on, food and beverage service across the resort has improved over prior year (and was very good then). we think this hotel is world class, will return again in 2013 and perfect for us as a couple. We have stayed with our kids twice when in late teens who think it tremendous. Beach (and service) works well, we want to switch off and this is a great place for it. I'd recommend to any couples wanting a safe and secure environment and a hassle free break. Restaurants are outstanding - Jumeirah have great hotels, if you want a relaxing beach break and high quality food, this is for you

Room Tip: Ask for a villa close to a private pool - if you have room in 9.10 or 11 you have an easy walk to th...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Dar Al Masyaf at Madinat Jumeirah, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor and also for your continued loyalty towards Jumeirah Group.

Along with my team, I sincerely appreciate your positive comments and am delighted that you and your family thoroughly enjoyed your stay. I have shared your feedback with the rest of the team, they are delighted to learn that their efforts are very much appreciated by our guests.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Madinat Jumeirah, hopefully in the near future.

Anne-Marie Houston

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (559)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

What in the world is happening to the opulence of Dubai? We stayed at he associated property, Al Q'asr a few years ago and were pleasantly surprised and amused by the experience. Alas, 4 years later and everything changes, staff is ambivalent with no attention to detail whatsoever. I had advised well in advance of our stay about the occasion of my wife's birthday and had even reconfirmed the date via phone only to receive a chipped vase containing roses that were already turning brown and a cake that read 'Happy Anniversary!
The fixtures in the room were scratched and worn. ( lights, furniture). Food was extremely average but overpriced. Staff was unfriendly and unwelcoming.and basically clueless!
The best thing about the whole place was the gym! And that's a sad state of affairs when there's so many other ways to be exemplary.
Price was definitely out of proportion to value.
This hotel complex needs to get over resting on its laurels of the past and step it -up. We won't be wasting our money there again.

Room Tip: Stay in the main building--villas sound good and look good on the Internet but aren't worth it.
Dear Guest

Thank you for returning to Al Qasr and taking the time to share your recent experience via TripAdvisor.

I appreciate you bringing the various issues that you have experienced to our attention. This gives us the opportunity to ensure that all our guests are always satisfied. As a world class resort, our main focus is for all of our guests to have a memorable and enjoyable stay, this includes tirelessly making sure that the quality of the services and our product offer the best value for our guests. I would most certainly assure you that your regrettable experience with the amenities and fixtures is isolated and definitely not a representative of the high levels of satisfaction we continually strive to deliver. As a result of your kind comments, corrective measures have already been effected to prevent these from happening again. I would like to offer my apologies in behalf of the team if on this occasion, you felt that we have not met your expectations.

Once again, thank you for your continued loyalty towards Madinat Jumeirah, I certainly hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you and your family back to Madinat Jumeirah in the future.

Essex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Now I have given this hotel 5 stars as we did not fault the resort & would not wish to give a negative review of the resort but this is what we found as a family.

My wife, daughter & I have just returned from Dam which was booked as a ten night stay but after 2 nights we moved hotel, part of the reason for this is Virgin Holidays gives you the idea from their description that you are within a complex of 8 villas with a shared private pool, this worked for us as we only had one of our daughters with us this year and thought that she would be able to use the room whilst my wife and I could lounge around the private pool close by, even in reading the trip advisor reviews we had not realised this was not the case, what you actually get is 8 groups of villas approx 64 villas to share a private pool which was not close to our room.

We found our room and butler service to be good but the evening drinks needs some updating and allowing a more varied choice of drinks.

We would like to thank Mr Nicolas who is one of the managers for assisting us in moving hotels to Al Qasr and making our holiday fantastic.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor, following your recent stay Dar Al Masyaf and Al Qasr.

There are 29 Summerhouses and 7 Malakiya Villas within Dar Al Masyaf and each summerhouse consist of 10 to 11 rooms. We also provide a cluster pool for every 3 summerhouses that our guest can use. I am sorry that you did not find this suitable for you and your family however I am glad that Nicolas managed to relocate you to Al Qasr and that you and your family enjoyed the remainder of your holiday.

Once again, thank you for your feedback, we certainly look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Madinat Jumeirah in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here in June after spending previous 5 visits at JBH! After that knew there was no better place to go!
Returned for Christmas and was glad to see that we were correct in our assumptions.

Stayed in Villa 15 (previously Villa 7) which was the ideal location for the hotel, beach and souk but also the benefit of a nice quite corner.

We previously stayed in a Gulf room but the Arabian room we stayed in this time was just as good. You expect high standards from Jumeriah but still they manage to overwhelm. Even the nice touch of a Christmas Stocking of goodies left in your room on Christmas Eve is something other hotel chains could learn from. I could list numerous other nice touchs but this review would turn into war and peace!

Excellent restaurants as usual but I have left reviews on this site.

Special mention to the team in the villa, particular the butlers Danzung, Yeshuvi & Monaliza who made the experience even more special. It was also good to see our butler, Sudath, from our visit in June.

Cannot wait to return.

• Stayed December 2012
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Dar Al Masyaf at Madinat Jumeirah, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of your recent stay with us at Dar Al Masyaf, as well for your continuous support towards Jumeirah.

I am delighted to learn that you have been overall impressed with the quality of our hotel and services. Your gracious comments regarding our butler colleagues, Danzung, Yeshuvi, Monaliza and Sudath are very much appreciated. I have shared your comment with them and they are equally delighted to learn about your review.

Once again, thank you for your positive ratings and for recommending our Hotel on TripAdvisor. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Bromley
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for a delightful 6 nights just before Christmas. It was absolutely fantastic, the staff who were helping me check (my husband had already arrived as he had been working in Dubai) lent me a wheelchair for my stay as I do have mobility difficulties. The butlers went above and beyond to help us and to anticipate our every need before it became apparent. The restaurant selection was amazing especially Pierchic at the end of the pier astoundingly beautiful views- unfortunately we ran out of days before we had eaten at them all. The buggies and the abras (small boats)to transport us to every amenity were superb. I am already saving to return next December.

Room Tip: We had a Gulf King Ocean view - ground floor.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Dar Al Masyaf at Madinat Jumeirah, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing to stay at Dar Al Masyaf, Madinat Jumeirah among the many options available in Dubai.

Thank you for your complementary feedback regarding our butler team and the Pierchic restaurant, it is the team’ focus and on going efforts to have our guest leave the resort with great memories of their holiday.

I am also delighted to read that you are looking forward to return, as we all certainly look forward to welcoming you and your husband back to the resort.

Oxford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Firstly, my family and I had a lovely time at the resort and its obviously a 5 star resort.

Secondly, I booked through Best@travel - WON'T DO THAT AGAIN!

The key word from the first sentence is resort. The Dar al Masyaf is not a hotel, but a collection of different (very nice) clusters of rooms set within the Madinat Jumeirah. This becomes obvious when asking a taxi driver to take us to the DAM, as he couldn't find it until he asked someone who directed us to the AL Qusa.

We had some issues checking in and to be honest the hotel made a dogs dinner of the reservation (and request) for interconnecting rooms. Rather than the whole story, I will just say that the Management the next day responded well and made up for a poor situation, but rightly so!

Our Villa number 3 was excellent and we walked out of the room on to the beach. The rooms are traditional luxury and spacious. I liked the free wireless and water in the room.

What makes the DAM so special is the Happy Hour between 6-8 where drinks are served in an air conditioned lounge or courtyard. This saved us a fortune as my incredibly thirsty wife (she was at the time!) would allow me to ply her with LOTS of Cava/Processco and nibbles before going to dinner.

Where the DAM is an acquired taste is that once outside your Villa cluster you are then in queues with the other 800 people for restaurants, drinks etc. To some, the variety is brilliant; to others I can see that they would want an expensive 5 star hotel to feel a little more exclusive and less crowed. For them I would recommend the One & Only Royal Mirage or the One & Only on the Palm for deeper pockets.

As we were away as a family, the DAM suited all of us and we would thoroughly recommend.

Enjoy, its worth a visit, but I would recommend upgrading your room, as some are quite far back from the see.

Email me if you have any questions.

W

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Dar Al Masyaf at Madinat Jumeirah, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following on your recent stay at Dar Al Masyaf, Madinat Jumeirah.

When it comes to choosing a hotel for your holiday, I realize that there are many options to select from within Dubai. On behalf of the team, I would like to thank you for choosing Dar Al Masyaf. I am delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and that the services from our team exceeded your expectations.

I do hope that we will have another opportunity to welcome you back to Madinat Jumeirah, in the not too distant future.

In the meantime, I remain

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

I recently stayed at the Arabian Summer Houses for one night with my wife and two daughters (aged 4 and 7). The start was brilliant with a grand and warm reception and the front desk upgraded us to a suite which happened to be the largest in our villa. The butler service was perfect and most of our needs were served in a reasonable time. Other staff around the resort was very helpful and the beach was better than most other Dubai resorts. The bed and pillows were superb to say the least and there was really nice rustic touch to room which we thought was really nice. Bathtub was really good sized and the salts supplied by the resort really came in handy for a soothing bath.

Now comes the disappointing part, food food food......we started with a late lunch at the Khaima by the pool....we ordered sandwiches and some other light snack which at best were a pass and we ate a little bit after loading everything up with ketchup and mustard. The butler told us that Pierchic and the Thai restaurant are the favourite for dinner. Following this we rushed back to the resort to order a private dinner on our terrace and hoping some warm and delicious food with some candle lights. We called private dinning and the person on phone was clueless about the thai menu and promised to send one, after waiting for almost half hour i called and was told to wait for it. 15 mins later someone called me to inform that the Thai restaurant is busy and will not serve food in our villa, great after 45 mins!!!!!!! Then we asked what are our other options and were recommended a Chinese restaurant. It took another 20 mins to get the menu and finally we ordered and the food arrived in another 30-40 mins. By the time we started to eat the food was already cold as no arrangements were made to keep it warm as we finished the starters. The food again below average and cold temperature did not help either. I would expect some really romantic and special arrangements as i would generally experience in a Banyan Tree or other 5 star resorts....the should start calling it room service so people are clear in their expectations.

Nonetheless, i will stay again for a variety of reasons and surely will eat at the nearby Madinat Souk......

• Stayed December 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for posting a review following your recent stay with us at Dar Al Masyaf, Madinat Jumeirah. Your feedback will certainly assist us in our commitment of service and product excellence.

Allow me to firstly apologise for the shortfalls from our Private Dining team which fell below Jumeirah standards. Please be assured that I have shared this with the concerned department head to relook at these matter to avoid the same from reoccurring in the future.

On a more positive side, I thank you for your comments with regards to your arrival process and also the service provided by our butler team, which I have shared with the team who were equally delighted to receive your feedback.

Once again, sincere apologies for the inconvenience that you experienced during your short stay, I am glad that it has not deterred you from returning. I look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Madinat Jumeirah, hopefully in the very near future.

Anne-Marie Houston

Been to Dar Al Masyaf at Madinat Jumeirah? Share your experiences!