“Friday Brunch” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Al Qasr at Madinat Jumeirah

You added Al Qasr at Madinat Jumeirah to your Saves list
Al Qasr at Madinat Jumeirah
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Al Sufouh Road | Madinat Jumeirah Resort, Dubai 75157, United Arab Emirates   |
Special Offer
JUMEIRAH WINTER FLAVOURS
Ranked #7 of 486 Hotels in Dubai
England UK
“Friday Brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

F A N T A S T I C.......... £100 sterling per person with unlimited bubbles and selected spirits... i.e. Bombay Saphire, Bacardi, Sky Vodka, Sol etc. lovely food, loads of it. Nice ambience, fantastic location and leisurely afternoon. A lovely way to spend a Friday afternoon as a special treat.

I am going to take my children with their partners as a treat. Defy you to not enjoy it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Al Qasr at Madinat Jumeirah, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Dear Guest

The team and I are grateful to receive your comments and we would like to thank you for your efforts into posting this review, our guests' perspective is very important to us and we have taken your remarks on board.

We are delighted to know that you had a wonderful brunch with us and looking forward to welcoming you once again to our restaurants in the future

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (320)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Esperance
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I attended a conference over 5 days and stayed at this hotel that is part of a group of 3 hotels interlinked by canals. So impressive were the buildings, canals, shopping, beaches and in excess of 30 restaurants that it was hard to believe such a huge complex was possible. Every staff member gave you a greeting and the concierge and outside staff were very good. The conference had more than 600 delegates and even this number was swallowed up by the size of the complex. The breakfast offered met the requirements of many nations and was excellent. I thoroughly recommend this hotel as a resort with facilities that will meet all ages.

Room Tip: There are many room varieties ranging from hotel rooms to villas and units, some facing the very cle...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

It is with great pleasure to read your very kind review. I am so pleased to learn of how you value our Hotel and I would like to express my sincere appreciation for your positive feedback.

Indeed we pride ourselves with our world-class facilities that cater to all our guests’ comfort. I am also happy that you have enjoyed the various cuisines served in our breakfast.

Thank you for recommending Al Qasr hotel as a destination of choice. We certainly look forward to welcoming you again.

Epping
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Please read all.

I wrote a review on this hotel last week, after we had experienced not the best first day, I complained about the service, the food on the beach and the general lack of interest for the guest, and I suggested the Hilton was better in my last review (which I have deleted and this is to replace it)

WELL, in the evening I was speaking to one of the guest relations guys, who asked me how my stay was going, being someone that does not like to complain I was not eager to offer a full explanation, but he could quite clearly tell I was not happy and probed for more information.

At this point I now understand the reason for all the comments on this hotel, once they realised I was not happy and in their own words had made quite a few mistakes, they then spent the next three days making sure we were VERY happy. We got a table in every restaurant we wanted to eat in, the service on the beach was simply amazing. The concierge guys were fantastic, as we said the next morning we would like to get out and do some things and maybe hire a car. This was all arrange so quickly you would not believe it, Daisy and Royston (Club Lounge Manager and Concierge Manager), came up with some amazing ideas, hiring a luxury car, helicopter ride, afternoon tea at the Burj Kalifa etc. etc.

One of my other complaints was about the lack of service on the beach, the manager in charge of the beaches Sumeet, came to see us the same day to apologise and did explain that the hotel was at 100% and in no way this was an excuse, but he would do everything he could do make our time on the beach enjoyable, and did he do so, we had the most amazing time after that and were thoroughly spoilt.

We ate at the Spanish restaurant on the first night, amazing tapas, you MUST go here. On the 2nd night just after my complaints we ate at MJ's the steak house, which is simply WOW, they know their meat is so good they offer you different weighted steak knives to choose how you want to glide through it.
Third night Pai Thai, again we were offered a fantastic table, the food is simply yum, DO have the egg fried rice and any of the soups well anything actually. and finally our last night was PeirChic, which again they arrange the best table they could for us. If you like fish you will never go wrong here, it is all amazing and I mean AMAZING. I am a qualified chef, and to me these places were simply brilliant.

So after a bad day with many complaints, the way they handled these and then did everything they could to make our stay the best ever, to me means even more as they could have simply ignored us, many other hotels would have tried but the management at the Madinat are brilliant. I guess it is simple to say you should let them know if you have problems, but sometimes it’s not that easy, but these guys really do want you to have the best time, they really do care, and they cannot rectify the issue if you don’t tell them.

Royston head of concierge was a great guy, and in the back ground got all our trips and stuff sorted out very professionally. Daisy in the club lounge is just lovely, she looked after us so well, and did everything she could for us, and then there was Marta (front office manager)who just made all of the amazing stuff happen and even got our room changed and upgraded.

Few other points if you can, go for a club room as getting a 7 series luxury BMW to pick you up and take you back to the airport is also a lovely thing to do, it nice to have breakfast in the club room, and early evening drinks before you go out.

Yoga on the beach (I was talked in to this) is a must, yoga while the sun sets was so soothing, and the man that takes the class is brilliant. The Gym is also amazing and has everything, including 'Les Mills' body attack, pump, combat and RPM.

We loved this place so much, and we did not even get time to visit the spa, going to go back many times.

I almost wish we could have the place to ourselves, but hey you need some people watching.

Thank you Al Qasr Madinat.

Room Tip: we had a ocean club, but as we are going to go back many times we will try out the Villa's next.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Al Qasr at Madinat Jumeirah, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for posting a review on Trip Advisor with regards to your recent holiday stay with us in Al Qasr.

Whilst I appreciate your overall constructive review of your holiday, I would like to also apologies for the unfortunate incidents that you shared with my colleagues. I am delighted that despite our shortcomings, My colleague was still quickly able to compensate and take care of you and your partner for the duration of your stay.

Thank you for recognizing the effort of some of our colleagues namely Royston, Sumeet, Marta, and Daisy who will also be pleased to hear from you. Your words will not only motivate them, but inspire the entire team at Madinat Jumeirah to continue providing the best service
experience.

Once again, thank you very much and we look forward to welcoming you back to Madinat Jumeirah

Yours sincerely,

Abtwil, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

We spent one night in Dubai and chose Al Qasr at Madinat Jumeirah. Staff very friendly, perfect location on the nice beach, close to the "worldfamous banana" ;-), good restaurants and nice rooms. All you may desire. But - as everything - this has also its costs. The Al Qasr is quite expensive. Was ok for one night with the whole family in one room, but we would not stay for a week. We could not... ;-(

Room Tip: Dinner at the fish restaurant on the pier was excellent.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback from your recent stay with us at Al Qasr hotel. I am very pleased to learn that you and your family have enjoyed your holiday with us and you have found the resort facilities and the our restaurants to your satisfaction.

I do hope we will have an occasion to welcome you back to Madinat Jumeirah soon.

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I am a frequent visitor to Dubai but this was my first brunch experience. Friends of mine had recommended Al'Qasr and I certainly was not disappointed. We were a group of six and secured a nice table outside. The atmosphere was fantastic right from the start and the service from the staff was excellent too, keeping our champagne glasses full. As for the food selection, well you'd probably need 8 hrs not 4 and maybe 3 stomachs to get around it all. The BBQ and Thai sections were my favourite. In my opinion good value for money for a special occasion and I will definitely be back maybe even staying in the hotel next time.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Al Qasr at Madinat Jumeirah, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Dear Guest

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor with regards to your stay.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and was pleased with the service and facilities at the property. All your kind comments with regards to our colleague’s attentiveness and our magnificent Brunch offering are highly appreciated.

We sincerely look forward to welcoming you back to our Hotel for another time with your friends in the future.

ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

I have to say that this hotel was fabulous. Our room was amazing - we had a view of the canal and the beach. A we had a club room- we had a free shuttle to and from the airport. We arrived at 6 in the morning and our room was ready - we also had breakfast on arrival in the club lounge. The staff were brilliant and so helpful. From start to finish everything was amazing.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for sharing your holiday experience with us on Trip Advisor. I am glad to read that you had a fantastic stay with us and recognize some of our facilities within the resort.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our resort in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

Besides all the other positive reviews, what has been the most pleasant experience was the outstanding helpfulness of the staff of the Premium Leisure Club. We received the warmest welcome we could imagine, private limousine pick-up, personal check-in, restaurant bookings etc...
Upon arrival we were seen to our room directly, without any hassle at reception, all formalities taken care of in private, by the most sympathetic staff from P.L.C. The room that was ready for us was just perfect with kids, quiet ground floor with a terrace, offering privacy while still being so close to all amenities, like pool, lounge, beach and transport.
There are lifeguards everywhere so we could read and relax while the kids enjoyed playing in pool and sea.
The Lounge offered everything we, and especially our kids, could probably need. Food in abundance, rich breakfast, afternoon tea, snacks and drinks almost around the clock.
This hotel is extraordinary, the restaurants, the rooms and above all the personal service of the Premium Leisure Club.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest

Thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor with regards to your recent holiday stay. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and was pleased with the service and facilities at the property. All your kind comments with regards to your arrival experience, airport transfer, service around the pool & beach area and in particularly with regards to our colleagues in PLC are highly appreciated.

We sincerely look forward to welcoming you and your family back to our resort in the near future.

Yours sincerely,

Hotel Manager

Been to Al Qasr at Madinat Jumeirah? Share your experiences!