“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

WE had our office team Iftar party. we find the there service excellent, good place, peacefull place and nice food.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

TheOberoiRestaurants, Manager at Nine7One, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for dining at Nine7One for Iftar and taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to read your comments on the restaurant, the food and service. We look forward to welcoming you back and assure you the best in food, service and hospitality.

Please do not hesitate to contact me for any assistance at rohan.ogale@oberoihotels.com

“A lovely Iftar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Visited Nine7One with my family for Iftar this week and had a lovely experience. The food was lovely but what made the experience memorable was the staff, each and every person we encountered was friendly and helpful. As a lot of the food was unusual to some I witness the kitchen and waiting staff explaining dishes to guests and guiding them through the buffet.
The Dragon'd Breath was a definite hit!!
Well done Nine7One, we will be back :)

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Dear Guest,

Thank you for dining at Nine7One for Iftar and sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor.

We appreciate your comments on the quality of food and service and are delighted to learn that you enjoyed the experience. The molecular desserts are indeed a unique feature of the Iftar and the Dragon's Breath does add to an enjoyable experience.

Beverage Manager
“Iftar at Oberoi - with Entertainer Voucher”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

This was one of the best iftar experiences I had this year. The food taste was fabulous. Very well selected salads, freshly grilled your choose of meat, delicious main courses and hand-crafted desserts including fantastic dragon dessert (nitrogen dessert) . The service quality should not be forgotten, their attendance was amazing from welcoming you till you leave the restaurant.

Don't miss it
- Lentil Soup
- Muhammara, Eggplant salad
- Grilled Steak
- Sudjuk, Pakora
- Gajuka Halva (Some sort of Carrot Dessert)
- Nitrojen Dessert
- Ice Cream
- Jasmin Tea

It is OK if you miss it
- Biryani
- Muhallebiyye

Don't Forget
- If you are using Entertainer Dubai book, they have a voucher buy 1 iftar, get 1 free.

Enjoy...

• 5 of 5 stars Food

Dear Guest,

Thank you for dining at Nine7One for the Iftar and sharing your feedback and pictures on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed the food and service at Nine7One. I have shared your feedback with the team and I have no doubt that it will inspire them to continue striving for excellence. We have made a note of your comments on the biryani and Muhallabieh.

We look forward to welcoming you back and thank you for your support.

Edgbaston, United Kingdom
“A must-try Iftar!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I came here with my friends for an Iftar on Saturday evening. We were spoilt for choice with the food and all dishes were of a very high quality and always re-filled when low - Not always the case as we have found with other Iftar's in Dubai where we sometimes miss out if we eat too slow! The theatrical dessert station added to the experience. Highly recommended!

• 5 of 5 stars Food

Dear Guest,

Thank you for dining with us at Nine7One and sharing your valuable comments on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed the dining experience, especially the molecular desserts that are a unique feature of the Iftar. We look forward to welcoming your back and assure you the best in food, service and hospitality.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Great expectations - shattered”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

While I do read great reviews, and people loving the food and service –
We had a very different and negative experience. I hope you notice this.

1. Reached by car and we were greeted with the valet staff who was already angry about something and was almost shouting at his peers while opening my car door.
2. Not knowing the entrances we were directly diverted to the lower level entrance, where the restaurant is and there was no ramp for the handicapped/baby prams. We had to carry the pram down the few stairs. Not expected from a 5Star!
3. While there was a lovely red carpet which was welcoming, there was absolutely no staff or a reception are to guide us where the restaurant was. Though it was close by, unfortunately we didn’t notice.
4. The reception staff at the restaurant was very courteous and lead us to our reserved table. The Décor and vibe of the place was very cosy and private.
5. The waiting service: I guess in the attempt to off good service – one of the staff got too intrusive. While it was nice to have them place the napkin for you and I recognize and appreciate that – doing that every time I got up and sat was getting intrusive.
6. At a five star, we definitely don’t accept to keep waiting for someone to notice you to bring in water, weather it is peak/non-peak – I least I can expect is to have an alert staff to ensure the basic top up of water is taken care off.
7. Food : So we are vegetarians – and hence focused only on the 40% of the buffet. We came there know the fact, so that was as we expected. What we didn’t expect is cold food, and very mediocre tasts. I would rate most of the Lebanese food very basic, and was not made authentic and tastefully. To be specific – cheese rolls – cold, and tasteless cheese. Tabule – didn’t have the authentic taste. Rice was bland. Chole was super spicy and didn’t taste like choole – it was some spicy veggy taste. The sweet dishes were awesome, lentil soup was awesome, the wineleaves were awesome, hammus was awesome, bread was not fresh. I would say about 50% of the food was great 50% food was below average for 5Star standards.
8. What really upset me was – while you are serving Indian vegetarian main course dishes – how is that you don’t serve the accompanying bread – rooti nan. If no, why serve Indian veg dishes? On asking I was told by one of the staff- why don’t you eat it with the Arabic Khabus. – Please tell me - is this what I should accept from a 5Star buffet? Or am I completely wrong?
9. Worst experience – This one knocked us off the chair - by far my worst experience in a 5 start ever. We were just two tables left towards the closing of iftar at about 9pm, the entire staff cam out and started eating from the Buffet. I am not against the idea of the staff wiping out the food towards the end of the buffet but to have like chefs cleaners and the waiting staff discussing and eating while we are still eating are last bite was a turn off. I repeat I am not against them eating eat the buffet but this was not expected in a 5star such as yours
10. Billing: the buffet cost appox was 360. Somehow the person at the billing desk punched in the wrong code and we were handed off a bill of 500. Someone is definitely in a hurry to wrap up and eat the buffet.
11. While we walked out of the restaurant – there was no valet, until we came back to the restaurant and asked. We were then directed to the main lobby to the top where we got our cars.
12. We had a baby with us and wanted to change the baby, we were told that the hotel does not have a baby changing room. They asked us to go to the kids play area and change the baby there. WOW!!!!!

I would really appreciate a response on the above experience.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Dear Mr. Madhav,

It was a pleasure speaking with you earlier this week and I would like to thank you for your detailed feedback on your dining experience at Nine7One.

We are disappointed that we were not able to meet your expectations on several instance. Your feedback has been used constructively to improve the service we provide our guests. I apologise for the inconveniences caused to you and I hope you give us the opportunity to regain your trust.