“Good with some Leniency” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Metropolitan Hotel Deira

You added Metropolitan Hotel Deira to your Saves list
Metropolitan Hotel Deira
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   40 c Street, Near Dubai Clock Tower Al Maktoum Road | PO Box 33214, Dubai, United Arab Emirates   |
Ranked #267 of 499 Hotels in Dubai
Tehran
“Good with some Leniency”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

- Habtoor Hospitality is very nice

- Bed, Room and towels were clean

- Housekeeping and Room Service was fast

- There is no Free WiFi and it is not good for Habtoor Brand

- Inside the Mini Bar was not clean and because of ice doesn't have enough space

- There is no elevator in Parking and you have to use steps to the lobby !

- There is no Hair Conditioner

- There is no Sleepers

- Hair Dryer was not working correctly

-Daily Cleaning of the Bathroom was not good.

- The Bathroom was old.

- You have to wait too long for Parking door to be opened.

Room Tip: Room 107 has a good space
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Metropolitan Ho... D, General Manager at Metropolitan Hotel Deira, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Dear Mr. Hossein,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how was your stay at the Metropolitan Deira Hotel here in Trip Advisor.

I would like to commend your comment that “Habtoor Hospitality is very nice”, it really makes me very proud to be part of this team. Your favorable review about the Housekeeping ,Room Service, room and towels are shared to the rest of the team who will be very happy to hear your kind words. Other points which you found less than satisfactory is being investigated with the management team as constructive comments like yours gave us the opportunity to improve our customer service, hotel facilities and amenities.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back at the hotel in the near future.

Khalid Saeed

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Arabic first
Destin, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

A friend and I stayed here for a few hours while we waited for our 10 hour layover. If you're looking for somewhere affordable to stay overnight or for a long layover, this is your place. We split the room of $100 and caught a little nap and showers before going to get dinner. This hotel is in close proximity to the Dubai airport.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Metropolitan Ho... D, General Manager at Metropolitan Hotel Deira, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Dear Valued Guests,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us how was your experience at the Metropolitan Deira Hotel.

I’m happy to learn that you have enjoyed your stay with us even it is a short one. The hotel being centrally located at the heart of Deira, gives the guests accessibility not only to the Dubai International Airport but also to souks, creeks, major shopping malls and the Al Riqa Metro Station which is only 5 minutes walk away from the hotel.

On behalf of the management and team, we look forward to your visit at the hotel.

Fujairah, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

I have stayed in this hotel recently few times and I will surely visiting again because it’s in very convenient location and I have to tell you that staff at Metropolitan Hotel Deira Hotel are so friendly and helpful.
I used to stay in few other hotels in Deira before but Metropolitan hotel is by far the best stay I have ever had in deira area .
There is a nice Italian restaurant which used to locate in Metropolitan Hotel Sheikh Zayed raod and now it’s back in this hotel , Dinner was one of the best I have had recently ,
Staffs are friendly and interactive, they seem very happy with their work. One of the service staff in Italian restaurant was telling me that with new General Manager Hotel is running very well.
Best thing about this hotel is location, it’s close to all the shopping malls and most of the major attractions in Dubai.
I will surely visit again whenever I come to Dubai for the weekend .

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Metropolitan Ho... D, General Manager at Metropolitan Hotel Deira, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Dear Valued Guests,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how was your experience at the Metropolitan Deira Hotel here in Trip Advisor.

It is such indeed a great feeling to read your favorable comments about the hotel and especially our staff being friendly, helpful and attentive. We always give much of our energy and time to ensure that we are giving the best customer service to all our guests.

I’m glad to hear that you have enjoyed your dinner at Don Corleone Italian Restaurant, which is one of the pioneering Italian restaurants that open here in Dubai. I cannot take all the credit for the smooth running operation of the hotel, this is all possible because of the whole teams hard work and contribution.

Thank you once again for your kind review and we look forward to welcoming you back at the Metropolitan Deira Hotel!

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

Stayed here for four nights in March/April 2103. Great location and very close to the airport. The hotel staff are friendly and profession, they upgraded me to the Executive level upon check in. Breakfast was average. One thing I must mention, this hotel is not family friendly. Every night the hotel bars turn into, what can I say, a red light area. This really didn't bother me as I was traveling alone. Would highly recommend if you are on a business trip in Deira area, lot of cheap places to eat and 10 minutes walk to Al Ghuair shopping center.

Room Tip: Definitely request a room in the Executive Level.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Metropolitan Ho... D, General Manager at Metropolitan Hotel Deira, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Dear Mr. Sadi,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your valuable comments here in Trip Advisor.

I’m very happy to learn that you have enjoyed the upgrade of your room to the Executive level. The kind words you have mentioned about the hotel and our friendly and profession staff will be shared with the whole team who I know will be very happy and pleased to learn of your good review.

We look forward to welcoming you back at the hotel in the near future.

Best Regard,
Doha, Qatar
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

If you plan for a Dubai getaway budget wise yet luxurious at the same time Metropolitan Hotel Deira is indeed the perfect option for your home away from home. It is situated at the heart of the city which makes it very accessible, and above all the place is worth the value of your money. Stayed there last holidays with my cousins and I must say the place is awesome, comfortable and it feels like home. All the staff in the restaurant where we all had our breakfast was superb, plus good choices of food served.

Overall, I must say our stay there was worthwhile, thanks to Metropolitan Hotel Deira for the exceptional service!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Ms. Athena,

It was very overwhelming to read your favorable review. I would like to commend your kind words that the hotel is “a home away from home”, it really made us very happy to learn that we we’re able to make you feel that way during your stay with us. I’m very proud to share it with the whole team.

Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit at the Metropolitan Deira Hotel.

Best regards,
Fujairah, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

Drove from Fujairah to Dubai but I was not familiar with the exact location of the hotel. I stopped at Metropolitan Palace and they showed me the direction. Upon arrival, the concierge was very helpful showing us where we can park our car. We checked in very late, reception staff was very pro-active. They noticed my children were very tired so they made our check in very quick and seamless. I requested for extra bed and the roomboy came like a lightning set up the extra bed in few minutes. Rested well, very comfortable stay. Breakfast room was very busy but the staff were very attentive. Our short stay was GREAT and for sure, we will be back.

Room Tip: Request for room at the higher floor
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guests,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your valuable comment here in Trip Advisor.

I’m very pleased to read your favorable comments and feedbacks about your stay with us. It is truly rewarding to receive complimentary comments such as yours which motivates the whole team to strive more in providing good customer service to our guests.

On behalf of the management and team, we look forward to your next visit at the Metropolitan Deira Hotel in the near future.

Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

The hotel is nice and in a good location. Its clean and has all the modern amenities. But the staff needs an upgrade. They must be rejects from the other fine hotels in the AL Habtoor group.
I complained about the heat in my room not working...so they sent the pool boy to troubleshoot it. And NO.....turning the AC up to 30C will NOT magically make it warmer.
And the fan switch? runs the fan in the bathroom....and no matter how much you wave your hands in front of the return?? No heat will suddenly leap out there either.
So if you stay here be prepared to suffer with lots of road noise and have an average stay.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Metropolitan Ho... D, General Manager at Metropolitan Hotel Deira, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Dear Valued Guests,

Thank you for staying with us and letting us know how was your stay at the Metropolitan Deira Hotel here in Trip Advisor.

I have read your favorable comments about the hotel and our services, we truly appreciate the kind words you have mentioned. I’m sorry to learn that you have encountered small issues during your stay which was related to the A/C. The points you have raised are now being look at by each concerned department and rest assured actions will be made to ensure that this will not happen again.

On behalf of the management and team, we look forward to welcoming you back at the hotel in the near future.

General Manager – Metropolitan Deira Hotel

Been to Metropolitan Hotel Deira? Share your experiences!