“Business Trip Dubai - Ramada Average 2.5*'s” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Continental Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Dubai
Ramada Continental Hotel
You added Ramada Continental Hotel to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Abu Hail Road, Deira | P.O.Box 31999, Dubai, United Arab Emirates   |
Ranked #422 of 499 Hotels in Dubai
Boston
“Business Trip Dubai - Ramada Average 2.5*'s”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2007

Inadvertantly booked the Ramada Continental online, due to rates. Roughly $132 a night, inclusive of Internet Access and Breakfast, good deal for Dubai.

Upon arrival, realized I'd stayed here the last time with tumultuous results.

1st Trip: My colleague and I arrived in Dubai after 14+ hours in Economy, from NYC. Had a few beverages at Blues and Cues (Sports Bar) on the Mezzanine Floor. Which, unfortunatley I happened to be staying directly above the bar. Loud, base felt in the bed, while sleeping. Ugh, breakfast included, but not until 6am, left at 5am. Horrble experience 1 Star.

2nd Trip - Inadvertant Reservation
Booked 'em the 2nd time, because I didn't think, and didn't reckon it was the same place. They offer a shuttle service from the airport, which I highly recommend, saves you the 40+ DHM from the airport taxi, and they meet you right after customs in the arrivals hall. Check in was a pain, I'd reserved on Ramada.com, and got the $132 inclusive rate for Internet, Airport Transfer, and Breakfast, unfortunately most hotels charge you 100 - 125 dirhams for the Internet access, poor wireless at that. Argued that it was inclusive with my reservation, which I had to prove, rather than included in their reservation system. Watch out, they charge you for everything. After sorting out the Internet Challenge, and assuring a "quiet room" everything was smooth. No airport transfers before 6am, but a taxi at that time of the mornng is inexpensive comparatively.

All in all, I'd rate the Ramada a 2.5 out of 5, C rating. Give you the basics, rooms are old, but clean, and the staff is nice. Unfortunately Customer Service is still being learned, as most are Philipino or Indian expats working here, still trying to learn the aspects of International Customer Service, though they are adamant about improving, and learning new skills.

For a night/late/early meetings in Dubai, without all of the glitz, it's a pretty good bargain.

• Liked — Price and amenities - though you've got to document and prove.
  • Disliked — Staff doubt of client, mediocre customer service
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2007

I stayed here on a business trip. I decided to come here as it was a shorter journey time to get to Burj Dubai then from the Jumeria beach hotels.

I have stayed at a few of the beach hotels and this place is definately not to that standard but it is very good anyway. I was first of all very pleased with the excellent service from all staff I recieved here.

Secondly, the rooms were very spacious, and functional, abeit a little dark.

Thirdly the rooftop swimming pool and gym facilties is a nice touch. If I could only of taken a sickie that would be a perfect way to spend the whole day. The Hotel is very close to the airport the plane noise was a little loud on the rooftop, I live near London Heathrow so I did'nt mind.

If I were a tourist and I was going to book this hotel, I would stop and look at other places closer to the tourist traps like Jemeria Beach. The reason being is your location, you have the Deira shopping areas close by and that about it, please book your trip closer to the beach areas.

If your trip is for business purposes and you are based around the Bank Street, Burg Dubai or Deira areas then book this hotel now, it is a real find for business travellers.

Well done Ramada.

• Liked — Service, Location to the Deira business district
  • Disliked — If I were a Tourist it would be the location
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Beirut, Lebanon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2007

This is an average hotel... i have stayed there for 5 nights. The rooms are spacious with average furniture, so are the bathrooms. However, the location is very bad.... it is very far from everything

Stayed May 2004
Liverpool
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2007

Stayed at the Ramada Continental recently on business.
Rooms are good size and immaculately clean and well serviced. Fresh fruit bowl, good mini bar and inoffensive 'corporate' decor.
The hotel has a rooftop swimming pool, although sadly didn't get chance to try it out. Great for a sundown drink though.
The Thai restaurant in the hotel is absolutely brilliant, the Indian restaurant is absolutely terrible.
I had the worst curry I have ever tasted anywhere in the world.
The foyer cafe was fantastic for lunch and breakfast.
The hotel is close to the Gold Souk and the old parts of Dubai.
I strongly suspect it is nowhere near as luxurious as the Jumeira hotels but I thought it was really very good.

• Liked — God
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Brighton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2006

We arrived in Dubai via Abu Dhabi. Checked-in at 2300 and was welcomed with a fruit juice while we waited for our check-in to be completed. Very courtious staff and from the minuet out taxi arrived we were made to feel welcome. We booked two exec rooms and could not believe how big the rooms were when the door opened we relised we had struck gold. They were actually suites. Very Large bedroom with a lounge area attatched and two bathrooms. We cannot praise the staff enough I fly for a living and stay all over the world in 5 Star hotels and I can honestly say that I have never stayed somewhere where we were made to feel welcome all the time and it was genuine. The hotel has 5 restaurants and are priced very reasonably.The only thing about this hotel is that if you are on floor 1 depending where you are located you can hear the night club the floor below. It should not prove a problem as you can only generally hear a faint thud now and again but to be honest with you it is worth it to have the pleasure of staying in this wonderful hotel. Centrally located in Deira near the airport and only about a 10 min taxi ride away from the gold souk and creek. Taxi fares are metered so a rough guide would be around 25 dirs £3.50 and the drivers do not expect tips either. This hotel is not near any building work either the majority is at Jumeriah Beach. This is a wonderful city and must to see while the buildings are going up. Will not hesitate to stay here again. Hope you choose this hotel and have a great time.

• Stayed January 2006

Been to Ramada Continental Hotel? Share your experiences!