“Good food and correct portions” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Singapore, Singapore
“Good food and correct portions”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Loved the authentic indian food and the portions which were just right.
The food flavours came out very well and it was not overloaded with spices and oil.
We ordered a few dishes and all of them tasted different, which meant that the chef was ensuring that the same base of spices was not being reused
Staff was attentive and polite, one does expect that in the Oberoi

Visited June 2014
TheOberoiRestaurants, Manager at Ananta, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for dining with us at Ananta and sharing your valuable comments on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed the food and balance and combination of the spices. I have shared your feedback with the kitchen team which I am sure will inspire them.

We look forward to welcoming you back and assure you the best in food, service and hospitality.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

The customer service at Ananta restaurant is what made me enjoy the restaurant most. The food was a great experience. My sister and I had the Ananta Thali which gave us a variety of little dishes to taste from. We visited during Ramadan and a very hot month so was not able to see if there is seating outside or scenic views.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dear Guest,

Thank you for dining with at Nine7One and sharing your comments on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed the thali and the quality of service. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Please do not hesitate to contact me for any assistance at rohan.ogale@oberoihotels.com

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“AMAZING FOOD & AMBIENCE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

I just loved the food presentation and taste! A must visit for all couples. Definitely recommend the non veg thali.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

TheOberoiRestaurants, Manager at Ananta, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Ananta for your Indian dining experience and sharing your valuable feedback on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted the learn that you enjoyed the food presentation and taste. Moreover, we appreciate you recommending the restaurant and the traditional Indian 'thali'.

We look forward to your continued visits and thank you for your support.

kdshore
“Exceptional Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

I had dinner last night at the Ananta Restaurant located in The Oberoi Hotel Dubai in Business Bay. After walking to the hotel and finding my way to the lobby; a little tricky by foot, I encountered a smiling hostess in front of the Ananta restaurant. I asked what my dining options tonight were. She was very well versed in all of the hotel offerings; “two this evening”. She explained in detail there Ramadan buffet offering in Nine7One (which was the restaurant I really wanted to dine in). After seeing the restaurant; it was full so I made my way back to the Indian Ananta restaurant where I was again greeted with a beautiful smile and seated at a table for dinner.

The service for the entire evening was very special and made me feel like I was dining as guest in their home. During the service they offered me today’s newspaper and a magazine while I was dining. There were three menus to choose from: first was their À la carte followed by a five course prefix and a three course prefix; the five courses looked like too much food so the server educated me on the value of the three courses. I did decide on the three courses and asked her to pick the options (3 with each course). She was surprised but I did convince her I trusted her to make the best choices on my behalf.

The food came at a very nice pace, was very well presented and the flavors were exceptional. All the food was fresh, cooked to order and presented with creativity and professionalism.

During the course of my dinner I did bite into a green chili pepper that had a lot of heat. One of the waiters in the dining room took notice and eventually pity on my suffering and brought me a bowl of plain yogurt. It did the trick and cooled my pallet so I could enjoy the rest of my meal.

I did have the chance to talk with the restaurant’s manager Sandhya Joshi and the Executive Chef for the room, who both took great deal in ensuring all of their guest enjoyed exceptional personalized service.

If you are in the need for a quality Indian dinner I would highly recommend Ananta for their ambiance, food, beverage and exceptional service.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
TheOberoiRestaurants, Manager at Ananta, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for dining with us at Ananta and taking the time to share your valuable feedback and images on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your Indian dining experience and appreciate your comments on the quality of food and service. I have shared your positive sentiments with Sandhya and her team and I have no doubt that it will inspire them to continue striving for excellence.

We look forward to your continued visits and assure you the best in food, service and hospitality.

London, United Kingdom
“excellent Food and great Hospitality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

All indian dishes were excellent.. try the deserts - they are to die for. All this made possible by an intelligent and attentive staff

Visited June 2014
TheOberoiRestaurants, Manager at Ananta, responded to this review, June 29, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for dining with us and sharing your valuable feedback on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to read your comments on the Indian dishes, especially the desserts as well as the 'intelligent and attentive service'. Your comments will inspire the team and we look forward to welcoming you back to Ananta.

Thank you once again for your support.