“I admit its total overkill but we went there 7 times in 18 days!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Blue Jade

Blue Jade
The Walk at Jbr | The Ritz-Carlton, Dubai 26525, United Arab Emirates (The Marina)
+971 4 318 6150
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 5,835 Restaurants in Dubai
Cuisines: Asian, Pan-Asian
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: The Marina
Description: A contemporary restaurant that celebrates Asian cuisine by taking you on a journey throughout the East. The cuisine combines authentic flavors with a contemporary style and sushi station in the center of the restaurant, creating an ultimate Asian dining experience. Infinity Bar: from 5 pm until midnight Dinner: from 5 pm until 11 pm Sushi-licious: from 5 pm until 7 pm
London
“I admit its total overkill but we went there 7 times in 18 days!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

You can check my previous reviews and to say that this is the first time that I have ever been to any one restaurant so often in a short period would be an understatement! Firstly, I think it important to admit that I was staying at the Ritz Carlton as I have done every year for the past three years so it was a very easy choice. However, for those of you that know Dubai well, I can assure you that it is equally as easy to walk out the hotel and find any number of good quality restaurants. To say Blue Jade is a very welcome addition not only to the Ritz Carlton but to Dubai would also be an understatement. The quality of the food is sublime and it's so nice to find an Oriental restaurant where you don't get the same old favourites that you can find at any good or bad Oriental restaurant. Nearly everything on Blue Jade's menu is the chef's own take/twist and it works wonderfully well. Perhaps the signature dish that really scored big time for was the Seabass with Green Ginger wrapped in lotus leaf which, as you can read in previous reviews, is a recipe handed down by the chefs grandmother.It's an unmitigated success. Never had anything like it in my life. By the way, the chef is from Vietnam. Okay, the ubiquitous black cod does rear its head;as it does everywhere nowadays but, once again, the chef has put his own stamp on the recipe. It's seriously yummy. The salads are to die for and the meat dishes are stupendous. Once again, you will note from past reviews that I do not give praise so easily and if something is wrong I shout about it. Blue Jade is special. Indeed, so long as you don't go crazy on alcohol you will walk out thinking it's phenomenally good value. The deserts are also not only unusual but tasty in extremis! The service is everything you would expect, and more, from Ritz Carlton. Finally, I'm more than aware that you're probably thinking that I own shares in the place! If only….

Visited December 2013

• Polish first
Espoo, Finland
“Excellent food, but service could improve”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

We had very high hopes for this praised restaurant, and in terms food we were very satisfied. The service was not up to the same level.

Our Asian styled dishes included a beef tatari starter. For main course we had sea bass, duck and beef with rice and vegetables.

I tasted both the duck and beef. Both were nicely seasoned, but not too spicy. Meat was nicely complemented with Thai and Vietnamese types of flavours from herbs. I preferred the beef, because it was a bit more tender than their duck.

My father ordered their most popular signature dish with sea bass. I didn't taste it myself. He complimented it as very good, actually the second best sea bass he had during 11 days in Dubai (the best one he got at the Mango Tree restaurant at Souk al Bahar). He's very demanding about fish, so I trust his taste.

Blue Jade also has a good enough selection of wines, and the prices were reasonable considering the location at the Ritz-Carlton hotel.

However, the service was not as high standard as their food. I reserved our table table in advance by telephone and asked to get three glasses of sparkling wine upon arrival. They never came, and our waiter didn't even ask if we want them. Instead we got some tea. I had already eaten my amuse bouche (which was good) before we even got the drink list, and even then I had to especially ask for it.

We had reserved a table outside, and even though it was quite a chilly evening, they didn't have any heaters outside. So we decided to sit inside instead. The decoir is not as fancy as the hotel lobby.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Zug
“First Disappointment”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

When I don't know a city at all, or all that well I use Trip Advisor to help me choose my restaurant. Blue Jade is number 2 on the list so I of course presumed it must be excellent..trip advisor has never let me down..well this is the first. Furthermore one expects a restaurant in the Ritz Carlton to have a certain standard. My friend and I were there last night. We were joined by a friend who just had a glass of wine with us. On arrival she ordered a glass and we ordered a bottle. My friend and I finished our glass and had to ask numerous times if they could top up our glass as they had the bottle. Then she kept coming over and asking us to order, even though we hadn't even opened our menu, since our friend was still there. Once our friend left we ordered. I had Beef Tataki and my friend rice paper rolls. Both excellent. My friend was smoking and the dirty ashtray was still on the table. Then main course. I had Black Cod and my friend had Peppered Beef. My friend said his beef was very good. My Black Cod was very good, however I received 2 huge pieces of fish which was a little overwhelming as the sauce on the fish was very strong and sweet. Dirty ashtray still on the table. Now for the atmosphere. Outside is nicer as inside it is very cold and bright. So all in all very average. Food was in general good but the service very average.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Canterbury, United Kingdom
“Blue Jade is a real gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

Visited for dinner; very quiet which was shocking as the food and service were fantastic. Great advice on food selection from staff. Budget options if needed. Try the black pepper beef, Vietnamese sea bass and the sago dessert. Impressed!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Asian fusion dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

My wife and i dined here twice during a recent week's holiday to Dubai. The first time was so good we came back for a second dinner later in our trip. The terrace has a lovely setting and the service is very good. We are a mix up starters, dim-sum and main courses across the meals and all were fantastic. Wine menu is a little limited but we had two very good bottles with our meals. Good value food, definitely recommend for anyone looking for good Asian cuisine.

Visited December 2013