“great dinning experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Farine

La Farine
Business Bay, Sheikh Zayed Road | JW Marriott Marquis Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
+971 4 414 0000
Improve this listing
Ranked #124 of 5,604 Restaurants in Dubai
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Description: Open 24 hours, connect to the world and enjoy a cafe au lait and freshly baked pastries at La Farine. Socialize with friends or sit back and read the papers in this warm and welcoming French Cafe. For those guests in a rush, there's the bakery and coffee counter offering great pastries, breads and drinks to go.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“great dinning experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

We went there with our friends last March, the food and services of the people in here is really amazing. The people in there welcomed us warmly, Their food was fresh and totally presentable. I would recommend La Farine to all my friends as i had a great experience with this restaurant ever.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
DXBJW, Public Relations Manager at La Farine, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
We are delighted to know that you had an amazing dining experience at La Farine. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back.

• Indonesian first
London, England, United Kingdom
“Pretty much a cheese restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

So this trip in Dubai saw me eat a lot of cheese, but I have no regrets.....

I started with the mac n cheese.... Was amazing!!! Covered in breadcrumbs and all saucy underneath. It was so nice that I ate nearly all of it. It was a very very very large portion so I was feeling a bit uncomfortable by this point. I had a loose dress on so I was alright though.

For the main I had a croque Monsieur. I like them and often have them but this was special. Not only was it huge, but there was cheese in it and on it. It was wild! I probably ate more cheese than my little lactose intolerant body could take, but it was amazing and I'll work out more next week.

Visited May 2013
DXBJW, Public Relations Manager at La Farine, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
We are delighted to know that you had a wonderful dining experience at La Farine. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back again.
Mossel Bay
“Great food, great staff, great place!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

My son and his girlfriend took us here for lunch when we visited Dubai in April. A wonderful choice.
The food was done to perfection. Grace, who attended to us, saw to our every need. She was so pleasant and made us feel special. Marcel, The Manager, welcomed us so warmly and always came to see if needed anything. The food was fresh and beautifully presented and the portion sizes were large. The decor is beautifully done in mirrored walls, fresh, open and clean. I would highly recommend La Farine to anyone.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
DXBJW, Public Relations Manager at La Farine, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
We are delighted to know that you had a wonderful dining experience at La Farine. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back again to La Farine on your next visit to Dubai.
Qawra, Malta
“JW Mariott > La Farine > NICE!!! GOOD!!!! SPANKING NEW!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Nice spanking new hotel property, with a lovely restaurant within “La Farine”, well trained staff, very clean environment, fully flashed show kitchen with young team of chefs running the show., cool high sealing full of frames with mirrors, yes I really like the place! Good food, fresh and casual presentation! Well done keep up the good work!!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
DXBJW, Public Relations Manager at La Farine, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We are delighted to know that you had a wonderful dining experience at La Farine. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.
Dubai
“poor service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

What a deceptive experience. I had a dinner at the new Japanese restaurant in the hotel days before and looking at the over options i saw La Farine a French style restaurant featuring a big sweet counter and a nice open kitchen. The perception was teasing... Days after I decided to go for a business lunch.... place is roughly nice.. recently opened... so lot of dust is remaining in some of the furnitures, some bulbs are not working anymore... and the staff is really badly trained. I ordered a quiche without any recommendation explanation from the waiter (at least 20 minutes to bring a quiche and croque monsieur.... place was not busy)... I could not remind the waiter voice as no connection... nothing... Then he quickly asked for the bill... I said what about a dessert... and to insist for the menu.... I ordered Profiteroles... I received puff pastry covered with chocolate without any explanation about the filling ( whipped cream, vanilla ice cream)... Was really not convinced my the dessert and returned the dessert to the kitchen.... Nobody asked if anything was wrong, if any choice would make me pleased etc... The worst attitude come from the mager of the restaurant. I saw him talking with the waiter about the profiteroles and never came to understand the situation. 20 minutes ater we had the chance to obtain our bill. What big disappointment, food look nice but service killed everything...

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
DXBJW, Public Relations Manager at La Farine, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
We apologize that the service you experienced at La Farine did not meet your expectation.
We truly appreciate you for providing us feedback and bringing this to our attention, as we value your feedback. We hope that we are able to welcome you back to our restaurants again.