“Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #44 of 5,607 Restaurants in Dubai
Cuisines: Bar, Tea Room
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Doing business, Special occasions, Scenic view, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Quench your thirst at our lavish hideaway on top of the world. Soaring 200 metres above sea level, we do things differently on the 27th floor.From modern day classics to innovative cocktails, our master mixologists go to great lengths to seek out inspiration, drawing influence from the most unexpected places.The result is an eclectic drinks list that uses unique ingredients and inventive methods to create your cocktail, with each recipe closely guarded to ensure our menu is one of a kind. The views are no less exclusive; catch your reflection in the glittering lights of the Dubai skyline as you gaze out through floor to ceiling windows that surround the bar.The space inside Skyview has been designed for intimate conversations, and a rotating line-up of live music ensures the sights and sounds are as impressive as the beverages we shake up. Here, creating cocktails really is an art form.
London, United Kingdom
“Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Visited the sky bar on the basis that ur at the world only 7 star hotel.
Went for drinks only. You need a reservation to get in to the hotel so pre book. When our taxi arrived just outside the hotel, security ask for your name so dont just expect to walk in without a reservation. We asked our concierge at our hotel to book it for us with no hassle.
The hotel is just pure luxury. The sky bar is nice and service was very good.
The deal was that the minimum spend was 250 dirhams per person. There is a wide selection of drinks on offer. They had a summer special price for johnnie walker blue label which I ordered to act like a hero. Stuck with a single shot though as it was like £35!!
When we booked, our hotel informed them it was our anniversary so when our drinks arrived, my wife received a red rose and a cake. Nice touch.
Although we ordered no food, the provided a generous selection of nuts and olives. The staff even ask you half way through the night whether you like to be seated near the windows so u get a better view of outside.
All in all, this was a must do as part of our trip. Do it!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
harlow
“Afternoon tea”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Treated ourselves as we wanted to see inside the Burj.Food was very nice.The staff excellent.The view very good.Paid £90 each but paid with MasterCard and got £40 off. well worth it.

Visited September 2013
Truro, United Kingdom
“Sky View Bar Tea”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Maybe by arriving in a local taxi we blew our chances but either way the welcome was non existent, which having been in the business myself puts me in a huff! So once we'd stood in the lobby for 5 mins gazing at all the bling we ambled over to one of the desks to "check in for tea " we then made our way up the escalator, and gazed at more gold, red & blue bling. Yes the fountain playing in the middle of the floor is pretty, yes all the floors going up to the roof all different colours make a change but we were there for tea not bling! We were finally allowed into the glass elevator up to the Sky View Bar which was fun and were shown to our table in the window. We were told the running order of tea and a glass of champagne was poured. We actually ordered two more at a cost of 150 AED'S each. (the price was explained but as we paid on a master card we got 20% off so making the second glass of champagne easier to swallow!) So the whole tea was very pleasant, the staff very pleasant but there was something lacking. I can't help but feel we were on a conveyer belt, a bit of a cash cow and that the staff found the whole tea thing a bit of a drag and wanted us in and out so they could get on with dinner service. It was an experience, the views were interesting but I don't think it's worth the £156 it costs. I should say my husband and I are happy to pay the price for good service and good food, but thats all this was, it wasn't exceptional and it should have been for that price.

London, United Kingdom
“Fabulous view - shame about the stale sandwiches”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I'm going to be very honest here. I'm from England, the land of high tea, and an excellent high tea this was not. Yes, it is probably the easiest and most pain-free way to get inside the hotel, and yes, the hotel itself is worth seeing. But let's talk about the food. The pastries and cakes were adequate but unremarkable, The cold cut was (I'm sorry) just not good. And the sandwiches - which I had most been looking forward to - were extremely disappointing. The bread did not taste fresh, and nobody wants to pay £80/head for stale sandwiches. I will say that the tea selection itself was expansive and excellent and the service was very good - but the way people are raving on this website puzzles me. There was nothing exceptional in the service that I haven't seen elsewhere, apart from the very impressive way in which our waitress poured the champagne. The interiors of the restaurant, much like the hotel in general (including the suites, which I was fortunate enough to get to see) are catering for a very particular taste - and it is not one I share. The views on a clear day are spectacular. For the pomp and circumstance of it all, the Burj has to be experienced. But if you're a high tea enthusiast, or just someone who has had a good one before (The Ritz, The Wolsely, The Dorchester, wherever) then give the tea here a miss as it will disappoint and pay the higher price for a meal instead.

NB: I had to buy shoes for this outing, as there is a stipulation that nobody will be allowed inside the hotel if they are wearing open-toed sandals (which is all I brought on this trip). Prospective diners, please read the fine print! This is one of several dress code rules you should be aware of.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Sky view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

What an experience. Everything in Burj Al Arab is made in a royal way. The entrance, lobby, stairs, restaurants, floors, rooms, staffs, food, beverage and service. Very impressed by everything, wish I had the oppurtunity to stay in this hotel for a few days.

Visited November 2012