“Once in lifetime treat” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #60 of 5,835 Restaurants in Dubai
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Bar, Tea Room
Good for: Entertaining clients, Bar scene, Doing business, Scenic view, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Quench your thirst at our lavish hideaway on top of the world. Soaring 200 metres above sea level, we do things differently on the 27th floor.From modern day classics to innovative cocktails, our master mixologists go to great lengths to seek out inspiration, drawing influence from the most unexpected places.The result is an eclectic drinks list that uses unique ingredients and inventive methods to create your cocktail, with each recipe closely guarded to ensure our menu is one of a kind. The views are no less exclusive; catch your reflection in the glittering lights of the Dubai skyline as you gaze out through floor to ceiling windows that surround the bar.The space inside Skyview has been designed for intimate conversations, and a rotating line-up of live music ensures the sights and sounds are as impressive as the beverages we shake up. Here, creating cocktails really is an art form.
“Once in lifetime treat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I booked the afternoon tea for my birthday. Travelling on own but was never made to feel anything but welcome. From the moment I arrived it was superb. The food was amazing, I got the same amount as a couple so very worth it. The hot course of beef was probably best ever tasted. All sandwiches and cakes excellent. Could not fault. Yes it s expensive but who cares worth every penny. They even brought me a birthday cake and rose.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Planet Earth
“Afternoon tea”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

We went for afternoon tea to the Burj Al Arab.

It was a great experience.

Although its 'touted' as a 7 star hotel, its actually not, its just a 5 star. (there is no rating greater than 5).

We had a great 7 course afternoon tea! Loads of food and presented in a lovely way, and tasted great.

You get great views all over Dubai from the 27th Floor, in the skybar restaurant. We were lucky to get a table right next to the windows.

It was expensive, but totally worth it! :)

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Gloucester, UK
“High tea”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

We booked high tea it is expensive at ~£80 a head. The inside is in my opionion quite gory with lots of gold. The fountains which play tunes were faciniating. The top of the building is 27 floors up but it towers over neighbouring buildings because each floor is in fact 2 floors as each room is a suite with an upstairs. High tea was ok but not really to my taste; though the scones and date dizz were excellent. 7 courses of food and we were stuffed. Tip: don't finish a plate they refill it! After the meal we got a tour around the top of the hotel and a ride down in scenic elevator. Not my kind of hotel; nor I think would they want me staying there ;-)

“Afternoon Tea”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Visit 21st August 2013

As part of our first ever visit to Dubai I had pre-booked afternoon tea in the World famous Burj Al Arab. This incredible hotel with its iconic design was everything that I thought it would be. Stopping at the the security gate it was a simple validation of our reservation and then over the bridge to the hotel. On entering the hotel it was an incredible feeling of wealth, design and of course "GOLD". We were approached by friendly staff who guided us to the first floor glass elevator where we were then whisked up to the Skyview Bar taking in the views as we went.

Afternoon tea costing 450 AED or around £80 (each) was well worth the price for the quality of the food and the view which was just breathtaking! The tea was a 7 course indulgence of high quality and taste was out of this world. The staff were very friendly at all times and spoke very good English. As it was my birthday that day they even brought a birthday cake over for me which was unexpected but very much appreciated, as they did not have knowledge of this until they asked if it was a special occasion.

Although the seven courses are small in size, trust me its more than enough as we could not finish all the food but staff kindly offer you a box to take the remaining food away with you.

Overall if you are visiting Dubai a visit for "Afternoon Tea" at the Burj Al Arab is an absolute must but be sure to pre-book this well in advance to your visit. You can contact the team for reservations at BAArestaurants@jumeirah.com

Thank you for a fabulous time in the Burj Al Arab it will always be remembered. (especially the Skyview bar staff and the sales person in the Boutique downstairs who I had a great conversation with :-)

Phil Brighton
York (UK)

London, United Kingdom
“Burg Al 'la diarrhoea' more like it!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

We visited the Sky Bar on 22nd August for some drinks as a way of visiting the hotel noting that this is infact a 7* hotel and it was one fo the only ways to see it. There is a 250AED minimum spend and prior booking is always required. Whe we arrived for evening drinks, the place was half emply but as everyone was seated in one area, did not feel like that was the case. The view was brilliant and the service good as expected. The waiter was kind and helpful with the selection of drinks and the hot mezze however the plaudits stop there unfortunately. He provided us with canopes without explaining them and I ate them not knowing there was beef in them (I dont eat beef). Not a word of apology was offered!! The following day, me and my friend suffered from horrendous abdominal cramps and diarrhoea attribultable to only that place - probably the lamb. With both of us being doctors, we tried to think of another plausible explanation causing this but we could not. Overall, this place is obviously overpriced and pretentious but that was to be expected, Not a good experience and hindered the holiday.

• Visited August 2013