“Great Italian food at reasonable prices” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #125 of 5,560 restaurants in Dubai
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Prego's offers diners a cosy, convivi al ambience, warm and friendly interiors with exposed brick, mahogany accents, an open kitchen featuring an authentic wood fire oven, wine bar, and hip music not to mention the outdoor terrace. The food unpretentious includes a range of homemade pastas, thin-crust pizzas, chicken and veal, and standout seafood. Prego's is a welcome oasis of good food in this part of town.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Great Italian food at reasonable prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

We went to Prego's with friends (8 of us) and had a great meal. They do so much so well that it is surprising for such a reasonably priced place. I had the mussels followed by the lamb chops and both were beautiful. The mussels rivalled anything I have had in Dubai (including Wheelers and the Belgian Beer Cafe). It is a full-on Italian menu with ample choices of pastas, pizzas, meat dishes and seafood. My wife had fish and enjoyed it. The service was great - the wine kept coming and was reaonably priced also. Just a simple good night out.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

91% Recommend
aberdeen
“expensive but the service and ambience compensate”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

food with alcohol for two would cost around AED 500-600 but very good ambience and service. food is above average. good for two people on special occasions

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Authentic Italian Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Very well run restaurant, recently had a meal there with a friend, I had a amazing Mushroom soup with truffle oil for starters which was fantastic, and main course was a pizza, loved it, service was great and no over bearing like in some restaurant's in Dubai, will return again and can recommend the restaurant to anyone who love's great Italian food.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sandhurst, Berkshire
“Food of the Gods”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Prego's is a fairly large open plan restaurant, it is lively and busy. On the night we visited there were a large number of families with small children, so if you are looking for a quite romantic restaurant, this is not the one. The service was attentive, although it did leave you to decide the timing of when you wanted each course. This is a great plus point as you do not want to be rushed through your meal. The food was heavenly!! I started with the Parma Ham and my husband had the beef carpaccio, we followed this by both having the breaded veal chop, which was melt in the mouth tender. It had been beaten flat and thinly coated in breadcrumbs, even though quite thin it still was pink in the middle, mouth watering moist, and I can say without hesitation one of the nicest meals I have eaten. The menu is extensive, as is the wine list, which covers all price ranges. I fyou are looking for a really great Italian meal, this is the place.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Really enjoyable italian meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

We really love Italian food and I just got my new Rotana exclusive card so we visited Prego's on a Tuesday evening. I'd say the restaurant finds itself somewhere between casual and formal dining, it isnt particularly elegant but its nice enough, it's also fine for families. We were really pleasently surprised with the food quality, inparticular my sea bass was delicious. My partner had the steak and said he should know better than to have steak in a non steak restaurant but did enjoy it. The cheese were really good too and the bread with parmasan and garlic dip was great although I think we were already full as a result when the mains arrived! The bill, particularly after my discount was more than reasonable and we'll definitely be going back.

Visited June 2013