“Out of this world!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #117 of 5,626 Restaurants in Dubai
Cuisines: International
Good for: Doing business, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Our signature Culinary Flight dining experience invites you to explore Burj Al Arab's astounding repertoire of restaurants and bars, course by course. Your journey begins at Skyview Bar, before moving on through five of our most impressive dining venues. Prepare to be treated like royalty as each restaurant showcases its most sumptuous dishes in Al Muntaha, Al Iwan and Junsui. Next, a succulent main course awaits you at Al Mahara, where you'll take pride of place as our team of chefs prepare your meal to perfection. Finally, a decadent dessert in our stunning atrium lounge Sahn Eddar, will put the finishing touches on an unforgettable culinary experience.
Whalley, United Kingdom
“Out of this world!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

Yes it is expensive. Yes it is 5 hours long and yes the menu is a little limited but the experience is one that you will look back on forever. My wife and I went here on our honeymoon and we loved every minute of this meal and still talk about it now. The staff went to such an effort for us and decorated every table we sat at (6 in total). The sky bar is an experience in itself so get there early or on time to set your evening off to a great start! Also, if you are celebrating or can easily get over the price then go for the wine pairing! Actually remarkable good value given the cost of the meal and they serve proper full glasses so beware! Would we go back.......even given the cost.......you bet! Hopefully next year........

Visited March 2014

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Surreal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

If time is short I would recommend - we had wine matching they give you free poured proper glassfuls so be warned

Visited May 2014
“My birthday at BAA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

As it is not my first stay in Burj Al Arab, I will just comment my latest dining experience.
I wanted an original place to mark my 60th birthday... I've not been disappointed and it will remain as a significant milestone in my life.
I opted for the "Culinary Flight" that took us, my wife and I, from undersea restaurant Al Mahara to the skyview Al Al Muntaha through Junsui and Sahn Eddar. Fine cuisine, warmest attention from the staff and still a marvellous moment in an unusual world for us.
Having visited all the restaurants, I highly recomment the most romantic of them Al Mahara... For those who like overflying the world, Al Muntaha will offer you an overview of what extravagance the Human Being is capable of doing: Burj Khalifa in the background, Palm Island and the World islands, It is Dubai ! Like or dislike...

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“WOW, NOT ENOUGH SUPERLATIVES TO DESCRIBE HOW GREAT THIS IS”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

It's going to be hard to do this experience justice and you can't write enough good things about it. Every single aspect was simply brilliant, and breathtaking and the "wow" factor. We started with the Rolls Royce pickup and then stunning views in Sky bar, amazing cocktails, and from then onwards, every meal in every restaurant with matching champagne, wines, cognac et al were all TOP NOTCH. Highlight of course to dine next to an glorious aquarium, but the thing that stood out the most was how amazingly professional and gracious ALL the staff are, true hospitality at it's best.
It wouldn't matter if you were commoner or King (or Sheikh) as I'm pretty sure you would be treated equally - in other words the standard is ALWAYS one of exceptional service, full stop. This was the best experience of our lives (we both agreed).
The only confusion was with tipping and were concerned that everyone got rewarded and so we tipped in each restaurant and when we got to the end, there was a tip allocation on the bill and I assume that is then distributed to everyone, but wished we'd known in advance. It was a very small point, and perhaps can be explained when you "check in" for the flight.
Wonderful, wonderful night and we're still raving about it…can't wait for the next visit! We fell in love all over again:)

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Balmain, Australia
“Wat a way to experience a degustation dinner!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

Culinary flight is quite an experience, taking over four hours in total covering five different restaurants. Quite expensive, particularly with the matching wines, but well worth it. Overall experience is quite special, with someone to escort you from venue to venue, but each of the servings appeared to be normal size, so by number 4 we were struggling!
Al Muntaha - this is on same floor as Skybar where the experience starts with a drink. Food was simply amazing with subtle flavours and beautiful presentation. Wine list was quite extensive, and equally expensive, making the matching wines cost sound reasonable.
Al Iwan - Middle Eastern style, with amazing decor and large buffet. Food was truly excellent, with perhaps the biggest (and possibly also the tastiest) scallops ever. Our Kenyan waiter was delightful
Junsui - Japanese this time. Restaurant looks very basic and focused on a very large buffet operation. Our Peking Duck selection for this course was only adequate, which was disappointing. Wine was a French Chablis, which was lovely and dry and worked well.
Al Mahara - This is the one with the huge aquarium. Much more upmarket, quiet and sophisticated. Service was excellent. The food (both beef and the sea bass) was beautifully cooked and presented. Provided a quick tour of the restaurant, including the private rooms (also with aquariums) by our waiter, Lucky.
Sahn Eddar - Desert is provided in the lobby lounge near the fountains. Service was again great and the presentation of the deserts was excellent. My poached pear was a bit under-ripe and hard but otherwise it was good. Matched desert wine from Sauternes was superb. Nice touch at the end was the little birthday cake for the birthday girl, even though we had to leave it for them as we'd eaten far too much already and we're flying out very early next morning.

• Visited April 2014