“Peaceful and Amazing” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Peaceful and Amazing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2014

Great hotel located on the palm.
Positives:
- Quick check in
- Large, clean and 5 star rooms
- Nice bathroom with bath tub, shower, separate toilet
- 5 star amenities
- free newspaper, and bottles of water
- good coffee machine
- excellent pool and pool service
- great staff

Negatives:
- WiFi was slow
- Hotel is far from the airport and you need a taxi to get anywhere from the hotel

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the ocean
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (492)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2014

Check in time was extremely slow took around 45 minutes with no updates, I had to chase up the status myself, (although we were given vouchers to have a cup of tea at the lounge, but ideally we just wanted the room after a very tiring flight!) The rooms and amenities were very good quality, honeymoon decor was of good standards. The food staff members and the high quality of dinner and breakfast is recommended. Rooms were kept clean and tidy at all times, Deluxe View Room had very nice views of beach/palm and marina skyline. If the check in staff was more warm and friendly I would have given a much better rating as all other staff members were immaculate, but due to poor experience at check in, this somewhat tarnished my stay as that was our first ever interaction of Fairmont

Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Doncaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2014

Just returned from 7 nights at this fabulous hotel. We have been to Dubai many times but this was our first visit to the Fairmont on the Palm. We will definitely be returning and would strongly recommend this hotel to anyone thinking of visiting. The Fairmont is a very we'll managed 5 star property with excellent accommodation and facilities. The adult pool was a real bonus and very we'll managed. The room was spacious,spotless and we'll thought out. Breakfast was excellent and being gluten free was not a problem. The staff couldn't have been more helpful, nothing was too much trouble. All of the staff encountered were pleasant , helpful and professional. By far the stand out for us was the Ba lounge,a hidden gem with lovely decor, great ambiance and fabulous staff. We couldn't have been made more welcome by the wonderful team who all deserve a special mention , Gaurav, Jamie,Elijah and the lovely Sasika who being new to The Fairmont is already proving to be an asset Hope to you all again next year.

Room Tip: Become a Fairmont Presidents Club member for free wifi
Riyadh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2014

everything was awesome building ,facility ,pool ,beach ,room,.... ..................... .........are so nice but food & room service too bad in this hotel ,i tried different things but nothing changed.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Elgin, Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2014

My Wife and Myself who are in our 60's stayed at the Fairmont on the Palm from 03/08/14 to 10/08/14 and we had the most fantastic time. Everyone of the Staff could not do enough for us. We upgraded to Fairmont Gold which was one of the best descisions we have ever made and did not regret any minute paying the extra £200. We had our own Butler and the most fantastic view of the Palms and Downtown Dubai which looks fantastic at night Time.The Pool areas are great,any amount of Umbrellas available to shade you from the Midday Heat,and Cold Towels 3 or 4 times a day to cool you down. We will certainly be back to Fairmont the Palm sooner rather than later,and,next time for 2 Weeks.Dubai must now be the most modern and tidiest city in the World.We would reccomend this Hotel to all who go to Dubai and visits to Frevo the Brazillian Resturant for dinner in the Hotel is a must as the meat is fantastic.

Room Tip: Upgrade to Fairmont Gold on the 8th Floor, you will not regret it.
Evesham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2014

Having been to Dubai for the last 15 years and stayed at many of the hotels in Dubai I was sadly disappointed this time round. I stayed here with my family and we were in Dubai for 3 weeks. The Fairmont was our second hotel stay. I have also stayed here twice. I would like to start with the positives. The kids club is fantastic and they took great care of our 7 year old daughter and 18 month old son and this allowed my husband and I to take time out which was great. Another positive is the Frevo restaurant where the meat and challenge was amazing. Fantastic food, great entertainment and amazing staff. I really liked this restaurant as we were truly disappointed with the Chinese restaurant and the manager of Frevo was so caring and offered us an amazing dessert that is prepared at your table and if you like chocolate you won't be disappointed!!! The main reason I am disappointed with this stay was our room. I have a family and we were allocated a room facing the road which is fine as I'm not too fussy about facing the sea. However, this road at evening and I mean 2 am in the morning turns into a Ferrari racing track and I felt I was in a movie scene from the fast and furious. All I could hear night after night were loud, cars racing around the palm. I did complain and sadly reception acknowledged the problem but couldn't do anything due to availability. In my opinion this was dealt with very poorly to agree that their is a problem and then do nothing. We then departed and moved onto Abu Dhabi where I finally got peace and quiet and this highlighted even further how noisy my previous stay was. Truly disappointed and for this reason will probably never go back.

Room Tip: Do not stay facing the road as this turns into a race track at night!!!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Valencia Province, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2014

this elgeant modern hotel was exactly what we where looking for on our 4 night trip.
amazing pools with city view .
amazing food in choice of 3 great restaurants
fantastic service
very clean
room with sea view is a must
would go back to this hotel again for sure

Room Tip: sea view room without a doubt we stayed in room 339
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Fairmont The Palm, Dubai? Share your experiences!