“Simply incredible” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Bromley, United Kingdom
“Simply incredible”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

I want to start by saying that this is my first ever review written and I feel that this hotel deserves it.

From the very moment of arriving at the hotel we were greeted by a lovely, happy lady who welcomed us and took us to the desk to check in.
We checked in, easy and nothing was too much. The hotel staff are so happy to help make your stay the best possible and we settled in straight away. The entire holiday was fab and the food incredible. The room was a king bed, clean and spacious and the bed was so comfy!
Would we go back? 110% YES!!! Our biggest regret was not booking to stay longer. Enjoy!

Room Tip: King room was Lovely
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
FairmontThePalm, General Manager at Fairmont The Palm, Dubai, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Dear Melanie L,

What an amazing way to spend your vacation! We are thrilled that we played a part in it and that you considered your vacation to be relaxing and enjoyable in every way.

It is really pleasing and motivating for us to receive such compliments from you for every effort we make here at Fairmont The Palm to fulfill beyond every guests’ expectations.

I will proudly pass on your feedback to my team.

Thank you again and we look forward to your extended visit next time!

Mark Sawkins

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (492)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

I was impressed by the nespresso machine as its the coffee that I drink every morning until I saw the stained coffee cups, women's hair all over the bathroom, worst burgers by the pool( it should have caramelized onions, and instead it had an Indian curry sauce , and last poor breakfast buffet which kept me sick for 4 days... I have been in almost all the hotels by the Palm, and this by far was the worst experience of them all........

Dear OsamaGadalla,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share with us your constructive and candid review of your recent stay.

We are extremely regretful and concerned to learn of the issues that you encountered. To this, please accept our sincerest apologies. This is certainly not how we wish our guests to feel. Rest assured we have investigated into the challenges that have led to your disappointments.

Again, we offer our sincere apologies and look forward to allowing us another opportunity to demonstrate the levels of service you would expect from our hotel.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

My flight arrived at 8am, but my specified butler met me at the airport with the driver and gave me early check-in by iPad as I walked to my room at the top. I was settled and ready to roll by 9.30am, having made use of the butler to unpack my cases and hang the clothes. Forget Siri, a butler is the way to go. My outbound flight was to leave at midnight a week later and they also granted a very late checkout which is so useful.

The room was on of the best I have stayed I recently, and great service, a good spa too. I enjoyed the experience so much I decided I would stay with Fairmont on my visit to Calgary a few weeks later.

Room Tip: Jump the enormous taxi queues by taking one of the Lexus drivers. They are more expensive but reward...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear CPRL,

Thank you for taking the time to write a gracious review about our resort!

Our team members have been trained to attend to your various needs throughout your stay. We are glad that has translated into a positive experience for you!

Your recommendation and patronage of Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is greatly appreciated.

We hope you return for a visit when you are next this side of the world!

Geneva, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

The Hotel is very beautiful and very well located. The staff is very friendly. My son and I stayed in a Fairmont Gold room with sea view which is definitely worth it. Please bare in mind that they will charge you an extra 20% charges on the mentioned room price which is quite significant considering that the rooms are not cheap.
Hotel, pool, beach, restaurants are all very well kept, clean with helpful, kids friendly staff.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Dear Barbara H,

Thank you very much for your recommendation and taking the time to share this great review!

The entire team is flattered to hear such wonderful things about our hotel, rooms, stunning views, facilities, services and our Fairmont Gold lounge.

We are happy that you chose to stay at Fairmont The Palm and that you considered your family vacation to be a relaxing one.

We look forward to welcome you back on your return trip to Dubai!

Banbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

I booked a half board stay at the Fairmont The palm through LetsGo2. We had a private transfer and a deluxe sea view. Both of which are well worth the slight extra they cost. We were on the 2nd floor and although not high, the view is still fantastic. The room was superbly presented and finished and in particular the bed was amazing. The en-suite was also superb with a large shower and a bath that was big enough for my 6 foot 2 frame to easily soak in.
Service here is wonderful with all staff members more than happy to help. (the offer of sunglass cleaning down at the beach was a first for me ;)) They also helped us get some flowers delivered as well. Great service all round.
The private beach area was nice and quiet and catered for both families and couples as there are kids and adult pools.
With regards to food - the restaurants are excellent and the breakfast in the morning at Flow Kitchen had an amazing selection of food to cater for all tastes. UK style breakfast, omelettes cooked to order, local fair, continental and even fish. Pastries and juices are available as well.
We had one evening meal at Frevo, as they had their Meat challenge which on our anniversary was wagyu beef night. The challenge of eating 15 different types of meat was too good to pass up(I managed 14!). The traffic light style button if you wanted food or not was a great touch.
Another wonderful little touch, I mentioned that I wanted to book the Freva as it was our anniversary - then about an hour later in our room we were delivered a sparkling bottle of Date wine plus some chocolate dipped strawberries. A nice little touch.
I would very much recommend the Fairmont and will definitely come back with the kids as well next time.

Room Tip: 2nd Floor above the kids pool area but noise was minimal and not an issue.
Dear Chris D,

First of all I want to thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review following your recent stay.

It was so nice to read your review and learn that our you were able to savor all Fairmont The Palm has to offer and that our colleagues provided you with a stay that allowed you to feel welcome and most importantly, special as you celebrate your anniversary with us!

Your compliments will most definitely further encourage my teams to extend their fullest efforts in delivering memorable experiences for all our guests in the future as well.

We look forward to your return visits!

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

Entering the hotel we discovered a dazzling scene of pure luxury. The marble floors are stunning and it is without doubt a 5 star hotel. We booked for dinner at 'Flow' restaurant and opted to be seated outside because it was a pleasant warm evening. The view over Dubai Marina was lovely.
The service was OK but not the best, a smile or two would have gone down well. our party of four chose the buffet and the choice of starters was great and a lot of time had gone into the preparation of all the salads and it proved delicious. but the mains were disappointing, my friend had the beef which was pretty dried up and I had the lamb which was also dried and tough. We can only conclude that the mains were prepared far too early and left to stand. The desert option wasn't great, were expected a greater choice for this standard hotel. Overall it was a nice evening but after eating at Saffron in the Atlantis Hotel on the Palm you gauge the standards by what can be achieved. We would definitely stay at this hotel but would opt for a different restaurant.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
FairmontThePalm, General Manager at Fairmont The Palm, Dubai, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Dear David B,

Thank you for sharing your review with us. We are very disappointed to know that you didn't enjoy your dinner with us. Your comments have been shared with the management.

We hope you can give us another chance to welcome you at the hotel.

Cape Town Central, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

The rooms are large and clean with a very generous bath room with a bath, shower and separate toilet.

My room had a large balcony with a table and lounger. The AC worked brilliantly, goes down to 18.5 Deg C, very useful in the heat. Beds are large and extremely comfortable. A desk and chair is provided to work. The room had one EU wall plug and the balance where square UK plugs.

A local Dubai news paper is delivered each morning.

Wifi is NOT free but is super fast, the entire hotel is covered. The gym is excellent, all the latest Technogym equipment is working condition including TVs. The AC could have been a better in the gym. The gym had cold free bottle water.

The room service menu is extensive and excellent, a complimentary sweets or fruit basket is available. The room was supplied with complimentary Norwegian bottled VOS water.

The pool area and beach are outstanding, the service on the beach is great.

The breakfast is probably one of the very best I have ever seen, the variety and quality of the food are exceptional.
The hotel is highly recommended and located at the base of the Palm island.

Room Tip: Try get a Sea facing room and non smoking, rooms on the 1st floor are disabled rooms and these are g...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear seanJ100,

What an amazing review! Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. We are very glad to know that you have enjoyed our room, pool, beach and breakfast.

We look forward to welcome you again at the hotel!

Mark Sawkins

Been to Fairmont The Palm, Dubai? Share your experiences!