“Most enjoyable” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #31 of 486 Hotels in Dubai
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Most enjoyable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Taxi from the airport to the Fairmont was 92AED, which was more than reasonable. From the moment we arrived, we were greeted by the friendliest staff I have ever come across. From the warm welcome at the reception area, which was a large, spacious and beautifull, to the dinning staff and pool staff. Everyone had a smile and a few kind words. Our room was spacious comfotable and modern and had a lovely sea/pool view. The bathroom was opulent and was always replenished with luxury lotions.
The breakfast buffet at the Fairmont was excellent with so much choice and good service.
We took advantage of the "eat all you can" ice cream in the afternnon for 20AED which was lovely having "cooked" in the sun. We also had an afternnon cream tea which I can highly recomend and is seved beautifully.
The gym was well equiped and was not busy at all and had iced water and lemon.
There were 4 pools at the Fairmont, 1 family pool. They were very relaxing and we had towels and cold water brought to us each day. The Cabana's were very relaxing.
We took a trip to the Marina and ate at BO House, which was quite traditional. They provided pipes to smoke with non alcoholic drinks. A lovely traditional eaterry. The futuristic skyline combined with the traditional heritage in Dubai was interesting.
I thouroughly enjoyed my stay at Fairmont The Palm and I can recomend staying at this hotel. Thanks to all the friendly staff

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (413)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
Kuwait, Al Kuwayt, Kuwait
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I don't know where to begin with, the check-in was pretty fast and smooth, the staff were very welcoming and friendly and the lobby was beautiful. Our rooms in the gold area were very spacious and i liked how they included a loud speaker and a set of cables for any thing I needed, the tv was big and it had a fairly good variety of channels. I really liked the complimentary sweets they gave us every 2 days or so. The food in Flow and Frevo is excellent but the buffet in Flow needs to be improved a bit but the grill is awesome, salad bars in both restaurants needs improvement, other than that the portions are great the meat at frevo tasted amazing and the chefs are very polite and the portions in flow are huge, though waiters in Flow are a bit slow sometime since it took a lot of time to just a coke for myself. The gym was excellent, everything you would need was there and it was pretty big and empty most of the time. At one point i really wanted to watch a football match but the channel that broadcasted it wasn't available, i asked one of the managers if they had a lounge or something that had it, and he did a great job and actually searched for a nearby cafe that had the match on even though I didn't ask for that. I can't remember anyone's names but all of the staff did a great job. The only complain though was that the breakfast in the gold area was too repetitive and i was eating the same things everyday which doesn't really suit me. There were life guards all the time around the pools which was a good thing so you don't need to worry after your children. Anyways I really liked my stay here thank you fairmont :D

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Lahore, Pakistan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

My family and I on our way to Vienna decided to stay at the Fairmont for 3 nights. We booked a suite with a connecting 2nd bedroom. At AED4000/night I was expecting to be dazzled by their services…..I wasn’t.

Check in:
We arrived at the hotel an hour before check in time. Since it was the hotel limousine for airport collection we had booked, I was expecting the hotel to know we would arrive slightly early. Anyways once we got to the hotel the suite nor was the room ready. We had to wait till 3:30pm before we were simply told to proceed to our suite and room. No orientation to the hotel, no offer to help with our hand bags…nothing. During these few hours we were waiting for our room we were not even offered any refreshments. Simply poor management.

Food Quality:
One if the best I have had at any hotels. This is where the hotel excels.

General:
My wife and 2 kids age 3.5 and 2 years were swimming in the ocean. My wife was stung by a jelly fish. Within 3 or 4 seconds my son was stung by one. We rushed him out the water where the hotel staff came to our aid. I asked for a doctor and was shocked to hear them telling me that if a doctor is needed they would charge us AED 700. My son was crying with pain so I obviously agreed. Another 10 minutes passed and still no doctor. When I asked the staff how long further I was told that the doctor would now charge AED1500 which was AED700 a few minutes ago. Once again I agreed and the doctor finally came and gave medication to my son.
Now what upsets me is the fact that the hotel had NO SIGNS or ANY sort of warnings of Jelly Fish. Had there been any I would never have taken my young children in the ocean. A jelly fish sting at such a young age can be very dangerous. Later I found out that just a few hours ago there was another such incident despite which there were still no warnings. With young children swimming in the ocean it was completely unacceptable for this hotel negligence. The hotel completely disregarded the safety of their guests because a jelly fish warning would obviously mean less business for a beach resort. The following day I asked to see the General Manager who was busy in his meeting and had no time to see me. I was however glad to see proper warnings displayed the following day of Jelly Fish.
Would I stay here again? Never. Why would I stay at a hotel which completely disregards the safety of their guests and on top charges them for something which was caused by the hotels negligence.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
FairmontThePalm, Director of Operations at Fairmont The Palm, Dubai, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Dear Sheharyar A,

Thank you for taking the time to share your detailed feedback regarding your recent stay at Fairmont The Palm.

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the quality of food offered in our food and beverage outlets, however we regret to learn of the challenges that you experienced both en route to and upon arrival at the hotel. We certainly empathize with your wife and son who were stung by Jelly Fish while swimming in the public waters in front of the hotel.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the service challenges your experienced and rest assured that that the points mentioned both in person whilst you were resident and above will be taken into consideration and addressed.

Again, thank you for this feedback which is valuable in helping us enhance our guest experience.

With warm regards,

Frederic Bellone
Director of Operations
Laren, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

OK so the suite was big and comfortable with quality furnishings, the service was very polite and attentive, the food was varied and good - but it was totally lacking in any character or personality - just like Dubai itself - an over-rated building site that isn't (and never will be) finished. Great for superficial people who are impressed by money.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Stirling, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

Fairmont the Palm is a relatively new hotel and as a result many of its staff are new to the service sector, you wouldn't know it though when you stay at the Fairmont, they are as professional, slick and unobtrusive as you would expect from a world class hotel brand like Fairmont.
The hotel it's self is spotlessly clean inside and out, the pools are fantastic, we used the adult pool for the seven days we stayed, its perfectly chilled and brought welcome relief from the 40 plus temperatures. Bottled water is complimentary at the pool side and was served even during Ramadan which came on the 4th day of our break. There is an extensive kids pool with a kids play area right next to it for those with children.
We stayed on the 8th floor which is a Fairmont Gold floor, in a fantastic suite with two bathrooms, a kitchen area with full size refrigerator and separate wine cooler and microwave. The bedroom had its own balcony and a 40ish inch HD TV, the living room had a full size dining table and a large L shaped sofa and a 55 inch HD TV with BOSE DVD player and sound, the main balcony had 2 sun loungers and a table and chairs with glorious views towards Dubai marina.A Nepresso coffee maker with limitless coffee pods was also provided, the room was kept spotless by the cleaners and was a pleasure to be in if you needed to get out the scorching summer sun. Now the service you get on the Gold floor is second to none, Peter,the head butler, and his team do a fantastic job looking after your every need, the team will do their upmost to make your stay as memorable and relaxing as possible, no task is too small or too big, their service is impeccable. They know when to stay in the background, they know when to be out front, always with a big smile and a genuine pleased to see you greeting, they work as one and are like a big happy family, the Fairmont should be extremely proud of them and how they have been trained by Peter. Simmone, George, Jeffrey, Chandra, Elizabeth and all the other peoples names I can't remember, which I can only apologise for, thank you for making our stay so memorable.
The restaurants provide very good food but they were all a bit quiet due to Ramadan, the Flow Kitchen, was the busiest of the three current restaurants and provided a vast selection of high quality food in a buffet style but they also had an extensive a la carte menu, the staff were always attentive and the service was of a good standard.
Frevo was managed by Hilary a dapper character from Zimbabwe, this is a Brazilian style restaurant, that served you 14 or 15 different cuts of meat along with a huge selection of salads. I can't do the food justice in this review, you just have to go and try it for yourself but make sure you go with an empty stomach!
Seagrill, not surprisingly is a seafood restaurant, that serves fantastic fresh seafood in a lovely setting slightly away from the main body of the hotel, we ate there three times and savoured every bite.
As with every hotel in Dubai, alcohol is NOT CHEAP, but if you have stayed in the Middle East before then this will not come as a suprise to you.
All in all we had a fantastic stay at The Fairmont Palm and would heartily recommend it, try and stay on the Gold floor if you can but if you can't you won't be let down. Join the Fairmonts President Club, its no harder than filing in a form and at the very least you will receive free wifi for the duration of your stay.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We have a specific pure vegetarian diet and the hotel catered to our needs, while maintaining excellent quality, and did it with a smile. Staff are very polite and ready to welcome us. Every single member from the receptionists and porters to the restaurant staff looked after and made our stay most memorable. They provide a free shuttle service between the hotel and The Mall Of Emirates, which makes it very convenient for the guests and makes the Metro accessible.
Exceptional service overall.

Room Tip: Family room is very spacey.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Bhavin P,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. We are pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable vacation and that our culinary and service teams were able accommodate your dietary requests throughout your stay.

We hope that we will be able to welcome you and your family back again soon.

With warm regards,

Frederic Bellone
Director of Operations
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I would like to share my personal experience with you here and it is day 7 of our 9 night stay here and will finish off with my final review upon leaving. I have been overwhelmed by the quality, charisma, and excellence of service here from the onset, where a rightfully selected newly appointed Duty Manager, Ewen, has made our stay so far a pleasurable and memorable one. We were kindly upgraded from a Deluxe Sea View room to a Gold room in recognition of our Wedding anniversary. Breathtakingly spacious and luxurious room with the added benefit of access to the Gold Lounge where attentive staff await to spoil and indulge you with various treats throughout the day in this vast, comfortable haven of Business area/rest area/restaurant and various balconies with amazing views over the sea and star studded metropolis by night. A special thank you to the fantastic Restaurant Management team for ensuring precise attention to detail for all our needs. Food is superb, spoilt for choice and outstanding quality. This is an all round winner of a hotel with 4 beautifully appointed pools, heavenly white sanded private beach, unrivalled service, and luxury. pack your bags and make this your dream destination!.

M.Chaudhry (Travel Media Group UK)

Room Tip: Try to book a Sea View room for breathtaking views both day and night.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Been to Fairmont The Palm, Dubai? Share your experiences!