“Just Perfect” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Nicosia, Cyprus
“Just Perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Actually i am not planning to stay at this hotel. However at the morning of my check-in date Le Meridien Mina Seyahi front desk manager told me that due to delays in renovation program shortage of rooms occured and they have to transfer me and my colleques to Fairmont Hotel at the palm. It was totally negative moment for us because we have paid our room fees 2 months before. With the all "negativity" we transferd to the hotel.
Well, more or less the 5 star standarts are nearly same at the region. However Fairmont staff showed us the difference. Even every member of the staff smiles 24 hrs a day. They try to help you. You can clearly feel the difference. I stayed 3 nights there and didn't found a tiny mistake. It was like a gift for us after our negative morning.
Rooms were well equiped. Every little detail held professionally.
Food were delicious.
Check-in and check-out held very fast when compared with the other hotels of the region.
So, i definetly found my adress for my future Dubai visits.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms that have a sea view
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Fairmont T, Director of Operations at Fairmont The Palm, Dubai, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear Pudra 55,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful feedback with us here on TripAdvisor.

We are absolutely thrilled to hear that overall, you had a great stay with us.

Your kind words will go a long way to validate our colleagues’ hard work and inspire them to continue on in their quest to provide the quality service our guests expect and deserve.

We look forward to the pleasure of your next visit to Fairmont The Palm.

Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (495)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Kuwait City, Kuwait
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

The hotel is a wonderful facility when it comes to staying in Dubai, the location is in the beautiful palm not far away from Atlantis. However if you are going there driving be careful as there isnt clear enoguh signs to tell you how to reach the hotel from your first try, nevertheless not that difficult to reach. The hotel enterance and lobby is a great place to start in and the rooms are nice and cosy. Walking around the hotel, the beach and the facilities are good, but the Gym is too small for such a big hotel. The hotel has been constructed in a very beautiful way no doubt especially as it lies directly on the beach. The room I stayed in is big enough to move around and confortable, and the balcony which is a great addition to the room is nice, shame about the veiw because I was facing the utilities side.The hotel seems to have made all the standard room facinig the least desired sides, the beach side however which I assume is great view is for the more superior rooms. The toilet is well designed, however make sure when check into your room that all your toiletries are there, I have found stuff missing inside their packaging which fooled me. The next day room breakfast is terribble and no way near my expecation, the Hotel has a problem how to satisfy people. The way it was arranged and sent does not reflect a class act, even the order was short and the fruit platter was clearly missing few items compared to the other similar platter ordered indicationg some one has taken things out of it.
The biggest disadvantage I have to point out so that guests dont get misinformd is that the hotel despite its nice structure and atmosphere has some serious staff issue, I went there for a 24 hours stay and the last thing you want is a delayed check in. I had to wait for an hour and half in the lobby for my room to be ready. Despite being there at the time of checking in (15:00), the staff at reception were continuously misinfoming me that I had to wait for 10 or 20 minutes and this got to my nerves.That was supposed to be a special day for me and my wife which was totally ruined due to the long wait. The funny thing the hotel thought by offering us a coffee at the lobby that they did their part, while at other 5 star hotels throughout my life I got an immediate upgrade or a free meal to keep me busy until my room is ready. This is not how a 5 star Hotel treats its regular customers. The treatment I got from the reception employees and the manager who was unfriendly in dealing with my request of why is the room still not ready is some thing I still dont understand, not a single smile. Therefore I advice those going for a quick one day trip to avoid visiting this specific New Hotel ( although I am a memeber of the Fairmont Club and have visited many of their Hotels) unless some thing is done to change the policy. Check in delays are normal but not for more than an hour delays without compensating the guest for it. One time in Atlantis 1 room was not ready and we were a party of 7 for 2 rooms and the Hotel offered us a complmnetary lunch until the room is ready, this is a treatment you go back for. It is not the facilities or the location but how peolple make you feel during your visit what counts in Dubai. What a shame the hotel did not live to its name and I hope the staff receives better training how to always please the customer regardless

Room Tip: Superior Beach facing rooms only, which are by the way costly more than the Atlantis Hotel.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Fairmont T, Director of Operations at Fairmont The Palm, Dubai, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear Mahdi A,

Thank you for taking the time to post and share your review. We appreciate your candid feedback as it allows us to objectively review the facilities and services we provide to ensure that they meet our guests' expectations.

On behalf of the entire team, please accept our sincerest apologies. We pride ourselves on offering a high level of service and we are very concerned to learn of the service shortcomings you experienced on your recent stay, which did not live up to your expectation. I have shared your comments with our Management Team in order to assess and address the areas where we fell short.

I would appreciate if you can please contact me directly at Frederic.Bellone@Fairmont.com so we can discuss the points raised.

Northampton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I was relocated to this hotel without choice after another chain failed to honour a confirmed booking. At first I felt that this wasn't such a bad outcome as the hotel has a luxurious veneer, the rooms were (with some exception) clean, very spacious and comfortable. However, there were aspects of the hotel that I felt were very disappointing.

Firstly, it was clear that some cleaning was superficial - I noticed dust on the loo roll holder from some kind of drilling in the wall above and that was present throughout my stay, as was a stain on the bathroom door.

Secondly, and of particular annoyance, was a very noisy environment, particularly during the nights. The floors are marble tiles and transmit a very significant amount of noise - chairs scraping, people walking in hard soled shoes etc. I was also in a connecting room and the noise from next door was very audible. Sadly as in many resort hotels, a number of guests seem to assume everyone wants to listen to their conversation no matter what time of the night it is.

Overall, it was an OK experience and much of the service was very good, but the broken nights and resultant lack of a good night's sleep took much of the shine away from the more positive aspects.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

We stayed over at the Fairmont last weekend and it was a nice get away on the palm in Dubai.

Although the start was a little shaky, as it took over 40 minutes to get our suitcase to the room, and our room wasn't cleaned after we specifically asked for it to be, and things just took forever when we ordered room service. I'd still give it a "one thumb up".

The up note is the front desk manager was very helpful (you know who you are). She tried to rectify the issues we had and although we weren't given a complimentary beer or glass of wine (?) we still got a nice juice to tide us over while waiting for things to be resolved.

The pool and cabanas are great. Nice relaxing place, although the pool bar staff are never around to take an order. We still were able to enjoy the surroundings. There aren't any activities like kayak or water skiing (which would be nice), but if you're looking for a place to chill this would be it. Might be a little pricey in comparison to other hotels in the area though.

Thanks to the front desk manager who made us chuckle a little, what would have been a bad review turned into a pretty good one.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Fairmont T, Director of Operations at Fairmont The Palm, Dubai, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Dear Dixiefly,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

While I was happy to read that you enjoyed the ambiance, I was very disappointed and concerned to learn of the service shortcomings you experienced. Please accept my sincere apologies and be assured that your comments were immediately addressed with the relevant department heads to ensure that such situations do not reoccur in the future.

Please be advised that the Water Sports will be available soon at our resort.

I certainly hope to have another opportunity to welcome you again to Fairmont The Palm.

teesside
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

This new hotel was excellent in every area. We arrived at 2am and were greeted by lovely staff and escorted straight to our room which was enormous with great views across to the marina area - just perfect. The beds were so comfy and the bathroom was also great - with lovely big,fluffy towels and large range of toiletries.Water and sweets were waiting for us in the room, plus a great coffee machine and large variety of teas and every evening water was placed on your bedside table plus slippers put next to your bedside. Breakfast had an extensive range of foods and we ate out on the patio area overlooking the pool. Around the pool the service was excellent with towels brought as soon as you stepped on the beach and they also brought you a cool back with water. If you are sitting in reception area you are offered coffe and dates and hotel provides shuttle bus to Emirate mall and taxis were always available from the front of the hotel. taxis are reasonable - the most we paid locally was around 16 dirhams - about £3 and longest taxi ride - 25 minutes was to Burj Khalifa tower and cost £20. Loved everything about the hotel and would go back there again tomorrow.

Room Tip: ask to face the pool area,
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Fairmont T, Director of Operations at Fairmont The Palm, Dubai, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear TeessideChestnut,

Thank you for taking the time to share such wonderful comments following your recent stay with us; complimenting our facilities, amenities, food & beverage, services and colleagues.

We are delighted to hear that overall you enjoyed your experience.

Your feedback is invaluable to us which inspires our team as we continue on our journey after our recent opening.

We look forward to welcome you back to Fairmont the Palm the next time you are in Dubai!

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

Every aspect of this hotel is impressive, but nothing more so than the staff from the moment you arrive to when you leave. It's huge, spotless, and has every amenity. My wife and I enjoyed dinner on the patio overlooking the beach and ocean on a pleasantly warm evening. The food was mouth-watering, a very pleasant end to the day.

• Stayed February 2013
Chambery, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Stayed for four days on a business trip and could not fault the hotel at all. On arrival all the staff knew who I was and arrangements were excellent. The beds were incredibly comfortable. Could not find fault with anything in any way at all The conference facilities were very good and the organisers also said that the hotel staff were very helpful. On one occasion there was a misunderstanding and it was sorted very quickly.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Fairmont The Palm, Dubai? Share your experiences!