“Excellent food and great service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #226 of 5,835 Restaurants in Dubai
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: European, Grill
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Contemporary European Cuisine and Grill. Carefully selected ingredients, passionately prepared and matched to produce flavorful and elegantly presented dishes. Emphasis is placed on classic dishes with some modern twists as well as introducing some uncommon and interesting ingredients for guests to experience. Whether dining indoors or on the terrace, savor the view of the lush polo field and Dubai skyline beyond. Vintage Brunch is served on Fridays.
Singapore
“Excellent food and great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

I ate at Rare with my wife while staying at Desert Palm, and was very impressed with the quality of the food and creativity of the chef. Both the appetizers (scallops and a very creative Niçoise salad) were excellent, and my wagyu tenderloin was cooked to perfection and very tasty. The staff were also flexible enough to allow my wife to order a main course from the Epicure restaurant next door. Staff were friendly and professional. Highly recommended!

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

woking surrey
“Enjoyable evenings”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

We ate in Rare every evening of our 3 night stay and felt compelled to write a review to counter the last review.
We chose to eat in Rare as the other restaurant in the resort Epicure wouldn't be somewhere we would chose to have our evening meal. We had actually reserved at table at Pierchic for our second evening where we have eaten before but found our first meal so good we decided not to bother. Rare is expensive and whilst not quite michelin star quality my husband and I had excellant meals on all the 3 nights. They have a mixture of dishes as well as there signature steaks , on the night we had a rib eye and a sirloin they were both well cooked to our liking and delicious.
Before and after each course you given a small amous bouche , the time i was given fois grois (which I don't eat )on finding I had passed it to my husband they gave me a substitut no problem at all without me asking !
I'm not a massive steak eater but the 2 fish dishes I had were also excellant. Can't comment on puddings as we were always to full to partake.
You can sit in or out , we always chose out as its lovely to look over the polo fields and to the Burg Khalifa in the distance.
They have an extensive wine list ,with wines from all over the world as you would expect from any upmarket restaurant, they are not cheap but as they all have to be imported thats what you expect.
Lastly the staff , they were attentive without being over the top, always remembering our names , they really couldn't do enough for us.
Thank you for making a lasting impression , we wouldn't hesitate to return.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Rare(ly) such a bad experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Took my wife for dinner at Rare, Desert Palm yesterday evening. What a disappointment!

Steaks were tasteless ... suspect they'd even be frozen! Fois gras was overcooked. And wine was off, so had to change for another bottle (which was done without any fuss, but should not have happened).

Would not go back.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Fantastic service, average food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

Four of us went for dinner the other night, and had a very nice evening. The service was excellent, really looked after us. We all plumped to just have mains and ordered the chicken dish with orange endive and mushrooms (x2), the Angus sirloin with a few sides and two starters together (the scallops and the goats cheese and pea tortellini). Firstly, we received complimentary bread with dips (olive tapenade and tomato tapenade), the bread was delicious, it was sweet and buttery. Then an amuse bouche of pastrami wrapped around roquet served with sweet sherry was served, the flavours were quite well balanced but the sherry was too strong in alcohol, it wiped out the savouriness of the beef. Then, a further sorbet course was served (passion fruit garnished with caramelised rose petal). All these delights were wonderful and really whet my appetite for the mains arriving. When they did the food was disappointingly average. The steak was reported as being decent, but that was about it. I had the chicken dish which was perfectly nice, good flavour balance and well cooked, but the supreme was maybe a bit on the small side. The two starters were a let down, the scallops were cold and sent back (when redone there were a few more scallops on the plate which was a nice touch) and the goats cheese pasta was a bit boring. There were two Peronis and a glass of Pinot Noir ordered and the final bill was 1100 AED, which makes it quite expensive, but I would say the beautiful surroundings, theatre of the extra courses and service levels is worth the extra cash. Overall, if someone asked me for an example of outstanding service I would point them to Rare, but I wouldn't rush back for the food.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
London, England, United Kingdom
“Hidden Gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

After searching for a restaurant in dubai, we chose this one as it had good reviews and was in a hotel…
After a treacherous drive and taking many a wrong turn we finally arrived and were greeted by some lads ready to valet our hire car. However once we stepped inside the hotel and was at the desk of the restaurant we thought it was closed as no one was they, we was about to leave when some guy came to the rescue and seated us.
Apart from being the only ones there the decorum was wonderful and it had a half open kitchen which is always nice.
Our starters arrived and I ordered the lobster soup which was exquisite, and possibly one of the best soups I have ever had. However the show really started when we got round to the main course, and what a great experience. I chose the most expensive steak option Australian sirloin. And it didn't disappoint. It was done perfectly how I asked, rare (pardon the pun).
The waiter was abit shy and quiet however was friendly and helpful.
Overall I was very pleased with the experience. Also if you want a really nice way to round up the night head to the back of the building and have a shish outside on the terrace.

• Visited August 2013