“Good summer offer” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Novotel Dubai Al Barsha

You added Novotel Dubai Al Barsha to your Saves list
Novotel Dubai Al Barsha
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Off Sharaf DG Metro Station | Sheik Zayed Road, Al Barsha 1, Dubai 450011, United Arab Emirates   |
Special Offer
City Break up to 40% off
Ranked #153 of 500 Hotels in Dubai
Espoo
“Good summer offer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I stayed at Novotel Dubai Al Barsha in July for 3 nights and had a nice experience. I was able to do an early check-in and was upgraded to an Executive room located at 23rd floor. Everything was clean in hotel and in room and to my surprise the room was not really big but then the bathroom was spacious including bathtub and walk in shower.
The view from the room was not good at all, you could basically see the rooms opposite you and that's it. Breakfast was good except the waffles, pancakes and french toast were most of the time very dry and hard to eat.
Location is one metro stop from Mall of the Emirates so very easy to go to do some shopping and eating. The nearest metro stop for hotel is Sharaf DG and it is about 200 meters walk from the hotel and NOT opposite of the hotel like it was mentioned at Novotel website. Taxis are also available.
I was just wondering why there was no pricelist for the minibar in the room and went to ask for this from the reception, I got an answer that house keeping will check the minibar. Then I said I wanna know the prices of the soft drinks so the receptionist then made a call and asked about the prices.........
During check-out I then said I had something from the minibar and I was told it is free for Executive room !! Very nice to get this information when you are checking out, it seems to be some sort of lack of communication.
I had a very good sleep and the aircondition worked very well, as well as the shower. There are few shops at lobby level where you can buy souvenirs, postcards etc. And also pharmacy was located at the same level.
Location of the hotel is quite far from the airport, about 35-40 mins by metro. Once I took a taxi to Dubai Mall which was 45 AED.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

H6535-GM, Manager at Novotel Dubai Al Barsha, responded to this review, July 25, 2014

Greetings from Novote Dubai Al Barsha,

We are delighted that you had a good experience during your stay at Novotel Dubai Al Barsha.

Your highlighted point about some items in the breakfast is not the standard which upon Novotel prides itself in; please rest assured that the corrective measures have been taken to meet our guests satisfaction. We also, would like to confirm that the mini bar list is avaialble in our rooms, and we regret it was not the case during your stay with us.

Thank you again for your feedback, and we look forward to welcoming you back at Novotel Dubai Al Barsha in the near future.

Hotel Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Arabic first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

First of all nicely located - close to many eating options and metro station. Second efficient and quick reception. Room was little smaller. But bed was comfortable. As hotel is new so washroom was nice and clean. No specific difference interms of view as there is no balconies attached to room. Breakfast spread was good with sufficient variety. Overall nice business hotel .

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
H6535-GM, Manager at Novotel Dubai Al Barsha, responded to this review, July 20, 2014

Greetings from Novotel Dubai Al Barsha

We very much appreciate your positive comments about your stay at Novotel Dubai Al Barsha.

Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future at the Novotel Dubai Al Barsha.

Kind regards

Mirco IADA
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

If you want a quite relaxing place to enjoy your weekend with your partner or friends then Novotel Dubail Bubble Bar is the best place, Live Music, Dance floor, Quick Service and impressive interior design.

I will definitely visit again.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Greetings from Novotel Dubai Al Barsha,

Thank you very much indeed for sharing your experience at Novotel and for recommending the Bubble Bar as a place to enjoy during weekend.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back at Novotel Dubai Al Barsha in the near future.

Limassol
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Excellent location on Sheikh Zayed road, near metro station and not far from Mall of Emirates. This is a colourful and pleasant business hotel with good facilities and excellent breakfast.
Front office staff was friendly and efficient. Disappointing bar without atmosphere in the ground floor and relatively small and uninspiring lobby area. The hotel is a very good value for money and guests there will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the gulf. The other side is totally ordinary.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Greetings from Novotel Dubai Al Barsha,

Thank you for the rating you have given to our hotel and for your positve comments about the hotel's facilities and breakfast as well as about the efficiency and friendlness of our front office staff.

Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back at the Novotel Dubai Al Barsha in the near future.

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

My wife and I stayed for a week and loved every moment we spent in house. This hotel is as near to a five star without quite achieving the top rating as you could want. The standard of accommodation and services are top notch and the facilities are very fine overall. Dubai is a very expensive place for most to visit but this hotel is so well priced as to be quite a find and it will save you more than enough to make up for the taxi fares in a city I suspect was designed by taxi drivers in the first place. It is also very easy to find thanks to location and external landmarks such as the BIG "We're Here" sign over head. Finally the staff deserve a special mention. Their helpfulness and co-operation even after we'd booked out was something else again. absolutely recommended for long or short stays, Business or pleasure. I doubt we shall stay anywhere else on our annual visits to Dubai henceforth. The pool area is very relaxing and much cooler than the ambient temperature. Spa services are great and now my wife is spoiled, expecting more of the same when we get home.

Room Tip: The internet is OK but the higher you go on floors a booster antenna is a good idea, the signal is w...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
H6535-GM, Manager at Novotel Dubai Al Barsha, responded to this review, July 14, 2014

Greetings from Novotel Dubai Al Barsha,

We are so glad to hear that you loved every minutes you have spent in Novotel Dubai Al Barsha.

We also would like to thank you for the positve comments about the hotel facilities, the helpfulness and co-operation of our staff as well as for recommending the Novotel Duba Al Barsha to everybody.

Once again, thank you for such a good review and we look forward to welcoming you and your wife at the Novotel Dubai Al Barsha in the near future.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

This is a brand new hotel. Good location. Nice & clean modern furnished hotel. Same for room & bathroom.
Quiet & relaxing pool area. Spa facility is clean & great. Very good & fast room service. All staff I spoke to were professional, polite & friendly. The only bad experience when I went to dinner buffet, it was a mess full of noisy families & kids running everywhere. Lots of guests standing at the buffet & eating directly from buffet. Chaffing dishes were not refilled. In general, poor quality & variety of salads & hot buffet.
I was disgusted and left my food & focused on deserts buffet which was excellent. I decided to write my complain about dinner buffet to help the hotel good management to cure this weak area. I enjoyed my stay in this hotel and will come back here definitely and I highly recommend it.

Stayed July 2014
H6535-GM, Manager at Novotel Dubai Al Barsha, responded to this review, July 10, 2014

Greetings from Novotel Dubai Al Barsha,

We do appreciate your positive comments about the location, cleanliness, rooms, spa facility as well as the professionalism and politeness of our employees.

We have noted your comments about our dinner buffet, which is not the true reflection of the standard of service upon which Novotel prides itself in; please rest assured that we have taken the appropriate measures to address the problems and prevent future occurrence.

Once again, we appreciate your concerns and we look forward to welcoming you back at the Novotel Dubai Al Barsha in the very near future.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

It was my first time stay in any of Novotel hotels , I stay for 5 nights
Very nice hotel , clean , good location , near metro station and Emarets mall
I recommend every body to try it , internet free and good signal
I want to thank all personal who working in this hotel especially :
Miss Madeleine kouroi from guest relations for her kindness
And especial thanks to miss Lesaly from reception , she is the best reception I meet in 32 countries I visited
And miss helma from reception
At the end thank you Novotel family , you made my visit to Dubai very nice from ( 29/06 to 04/07 ) Best regards
Monir haj Hasan
Deputy manager
T.M construction company

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
H6535-GM, Manager at Novotel Dubai Al Barsha, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Greetings from Novotel Dubai Al Barsha !

We very much appreciate your comments about your stay at Novotel Dubai Al Barsha.

We also would like to extend our sincere thanks about your positive comments on the professionalism and hospitality of the staff as well as for recommending Novotel Duba Al Barsha to everybody.

I have shared your comments with our team, so that they are aware of their contribution in continuously improving the quality of our services to meet the guest satisfaction.

Kind regards

Mirco IADA
Hotel Director

Been to Novotel Dubai Al Barsha? Share your experiences!