“Top notch vegetarian restaurant - one of the best ever” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #289 of 5,610 Restaurants in Dubai
Cuisines: Indian
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Top notch vegetarian restaurant - one of the best ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

I have heard about this restaurant and this was my first time. The decor is pleasant and unobtrusive. We walked past many favourite restaurants but my friend insisted we go to this one. And we walked into this clean neatly decorated restaurant. The wiaters were friendly and intrduced the menu gracefully. And we ordred quite a big meal cosisiting of Soups, Sambar Vada, Paruppu vada, Andhra PErattu, Rava Onion Masala and a mini meal oh and naans and paneer for the 3 of us.

The Samabr Vada was one of the best I have had with a perfect taste and consistency. The PAruppu vada and the chutney provided was excellent. The Pesarattu - which is a Dosa made with Green Gram was perfect - with 4 different chutneys. RAva Dosa - an all time south indian vege fav - was near perfect too.
I tasted parts of the mini meals - each were just right.
All in all I think I had one of the best South Indian Vege meal I have had anywhere.
When the final bill came it was still a pleasant surprise as it costed about 35 DHS per head which is less than what we will pay even in India these days.
So well done guys. Keep up the great work.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“An outsider's view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

Wanted to have good dosas, so went after reading reviews recommending it as "the place" in Dubai. Knowing what Dosa is and wanting one was the extent of my knowledge.
Easy to find (on main road in front of Burjuman), parking will be a problem on weekdays, but ok on a Friday afternoon. Unassuming decor and design, but remarkably clean, bonus points for all staff wearing hats or shower caps to protect the food from hair.
Extensive South Indian menu with no elaboration on what all that means, but thankfully the waiters are knowledgeable, articulate and happy to help and recommend. Typically, they'd also tell you if you're ordering too much. Beside everything else, around two dozen dosas to choose from, as well as North Indian and Chinese (??!) choices.
Funnily, a large number of items on the menu are available only on certain days or times of the day.
After some useful advice from our waiter we ordered a ghee masala dosa for the missuz, a rocket dosa for me, spinach soup and two lassis. The dosas came fast enough, they were huge and delicious, but what truly brought them to life were the dips - 6 in all, lots of coconut with various stuff, also some onion and tomato based, in addition to the sambal and masala potato mash. Best we ever had!!
The soup was unimpressive, but the lassis were very nice and went along perfectly with the meal. Food was spicy but not extensively so, don't know if the rest of the menu would be so gentle.
As we sat there the place started to rapidly fill up, and we were the only non-Indians, which actually felt nice in terms of reassuring it was the "real deal". The stuff being carried to other tables looked very nice and appetizing, although sometimes I wasn't sure what it was. Definitely worth another visit to explore.
Chai and Gulab Jamoon were perfect for desert. And the total bill of under 90dhms for a very filling meal for two was unusual for Dubai. Most items on the menu were below 20!!
Definitely going back!!!

Visited January 2014
dubai
“Great vegetarian South Indian Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

I didn't expect much going into this restaurant but ended up leaving pleasantly surprised. Had a ghee roast masala dosa here, which was a massive dosa served with an array of chutneys. Definitely one of the better tasting and cleaner restaurants serving dosas in town.

Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“I am in awe again :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

I have previously written a review of Aryaa's after my visit for breakfast. I visited this restaurant more than 15 times in the last 18 months. Couple of weeks ago, I realized that some of my favorite items were available only in the evenings and decided to have my dinner.

Idiappam is one of my favorite food items and takes lot of effort to prepare at home. I shamelessly admit that I ordered this dish thrice and wanted to have more ;-) .....hubby suggested that I try something else and I agreed.

Nevertheless, my loyalty lies with this restaurant. I can assure that you will not be disappointed.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Solihull, United Kingdom
“Great veggie food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

My wife is a vegetarian and on the way to the metro we stumbled upon this restaurant. It has to be one if the best south Indian veggie I've had and I'm indian. Don't leave without having the South Indian coffee!
Well worth a try .