“over all very nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of JW Marriott Marquis Dubai

You added JW Marriott Marquis Dubai to your Saves list
JW Marriott Marquis Dubai
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Sheikh Zayed Road | Business Bay, Dubai 121000, United Arab Emirates   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #32 of 499 Hotels in Dubai
Certificate of Excellence 2014
New Delhi, India
“over all very nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

nice hotel , with great location new rooms and great interiors . nice swimming pool in summers as has pam trees around so less of sun even in summers . Executive lounge buffet was not gd or up to the mark

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
DXBJW, Guest Relations Manager at JW Marriott Marquis Dubai, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are pleased you enjoyed our hotel's amenities throughout your stay. We also appreciate your valuable comments about the executive lounge and look forward to welcome you back on your next visit to the city.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (566)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I stayed at the Marriott for 5 days in June whilst on business. I found the staff very helpful and friendly and the rooms spacious and tranquil. The breakfast was marvellous - with 6 different kitchens to choose from (English/ Japanese/ Indian/ Pastry/ continental/ fruit and cereals). Everything very tasty. There are quite a few restaurants in the hotel. We had a meal at the Lebanese restaurant, which was also very good. The conference and business facilities are excellent. Wifi is expensive, but very fast.There were not many children to be seen, and the hotel is definitely aimed more at the business traveller. No beach or garden area to keep the children occupied. There is a swimming pool. I highly recommend this hotel for the business traveller. Holiday makers with children should head for the hotels on the beach.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your review and your kind comments about our associates. We are pleased that our team was able to help you create memorable experiences for you. For future visits we invite you to book an executive room where internet is free of charge among many other benefits such as breakfast and happy hour in the Executive Lounge.
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Stayed at JW Marriott Marquis, great location, near Dubai and located on Sheikh Zayeed Road. Location is very convenient. Highest hotel building in the world.

The Breakfast is really elaborate and gives wide variety to all people of every culture - indian, japanese, Chinese,continental etc.

Room Tip: Many rooms face Burj Khalifa, but a great view from every room
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your review. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and you were able to reach your destination within a short distance from the hotel. Kitchen 6 is definitely a favorite amongst all of our guests. We look forward to welcome you back on your next visit to the city.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We booked one suite for one night (June 21st’13) at over 2,000 AED (600$), for two adults and two children (8 and 10 years old), in the reservation we requested a rollaway bed for the kids to sleep.
After a whole-day struggle requesting a rollaway bed for my kids to sleep, still no bed was delivered at 22:30pm, and my kid had to sleep on the floor!!!!!!
What a treatment for a 600$/night!!

Another poor experience was at the executive lounge. The evening of June 21st we went there for dinner, the chef, the lady-barman and the dark colored skin waiter were very friendly and welcoming. On the other hand another waiter has been extremely rude. He approached our table and start removing our plates without greeting us nor asking us if we were done eating (we were not), but the worse of all he aggressed verbally and physically my 8 years old son at the exit of the lounge holding his hands (he had 3 cookies wrapped up in a napkin) and saying “do you really need to take this away?”, my son was scared and traumatized, he treated my little son like a thief because he was removing 3 cookies from the club lounge!!! I do not recall this waiter’s name, he is average hight, skinny, pale-skin, and with a humpy/hawk curved nose, can’t miss his poor attitude.

Finally the swimming pool. Life guard is absolutely useless. He was sitting on a chair at the bar with no view on people, mostly kids, swimming, chatting with the waiter. For the 3 hours we were there on Friday afternoon, not once he checked on swimmers, too busy sitting and chatting. We ordered 4 drinks and the waiter instead of delivering it in a tray, he hold 2 in his hands and the other 2 he asked the life guard to hold. The life guard, delivered one drink then he cleaned his running nose with the other hand and handed me the other drink. WOW what a service! No management supervision, nor established service guidelines whatsoever!

Detail of the experience are listed below for the General Manger information.
Upon checking with a manager-lady, I (not them) reminded them that there should be a rollaway bed in the room for my kids. The manager said that she had given away all her rollaway beds already to a group”, so I asked her where were my kids going to sleep. She said to try the sofa (NOT a sofa bed!).
I went to the room hoping that the sofa was big enough for both of them. It was not.
I called the reception immediately to ask for an extra bed for my son, or a matrass to put on the floor. She said she will follow up. After 2 hours still no-call no bed. I called again and ask for an extra bed for my son, or a matrass to put on the floor. She said she will follow up. After another 2 hours still no-call no bed!! I called again and asked for a Manager (Sarena), she said there are no rollaway beds without offering any alternative, what a poor service attitude is that? She did not offer to upgrade room, Put a matrass on the floor? Go to the IKEA a get a dam materass for my son to sleep…. Nothing. I got very upset and suggested HER what to do alternatively. At 18:30pm someone calls saying the bed will be delivered in 1 hour max. At 20:30 we are back in the room and there was no bed, nor sheet/blankets/pillows for my other son to sleep in the sofa!!!! What a terrible housekeeping and front office, after all these requests and the reservation was made for 4 people!!!
We call again at 20:30 asked for the manager on duty, and got delivered blankets and pillow, still no bed. No sheets, so we had to call again. No set up was done, and we had to make the bed on the sofa and one on the floor for my kids to sleep. At 22:30 my kids sleeping there was no delivery and my husband and I got to sleep very upset. My son woke up all night because as u can imagine sleeping on the floor was not comfortable.

At check-out the next day the receptionist (Evelyn) asked us how our stay was, we told her very upset that my kid had to sleep on the foor, she said sorry (like she cares), and asked for the payment of 3,000 ead. No attempt to call a manager to attempt to mitigate the damage before we left, no attempt to offer anything either…. No sense of service.

Every manager at the reception and housekeeping was involved in the issue of finding a sleeping solution for my son, nobody did anything, nobody followed up, nobody apologized, no anything, they just asked us for full payment!!.

I will never step foot in this hotel anymore, shame on you, you do not deserve to run such a beautiful establishment, you have no clue what service is.

Room Tip: Stay away if you have kids-- No sense of service whatsoever
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
DXBJW, Guest Relations Manager at JW Marriott Marquis Dubai, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
We are very concerned to read your feedback about your recent stay with us and we would like to speak to you personally, as this is certainly not the level of service that we strive to provide to our guests here at the JW Marriott Marquis Dubai.
Please accept our sincere apologies for all service shortfalls you have experienced during your stay, leaving you with a negative impression of our hotel.
Please confirm your contact details by emailing mhrs.dxbjw.grm2@marriott.com
Thank you and I look forward to hear from you soon
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

This is such a good hotel. I stayed there for 5 days whilst on business in Dubai and found everything to be great. I highly suggest anyone who wants to experience the best of the best at the world's tallest hotel to stay in this hotel whilst in Dubai.

Room Tip: Be prepared to be amazed!!! Ask for high floor rooms. The higher the better for the views. Also note...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your review. The view from the higher floor rooms are certainly one of the best. We hope you will find some time on your next visit to go to our Vault bar on the top floor of the hotel for an even more spectacular view. We look forward to welcome you again soon.
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

First of all, I have stayed and numerous Marriott properties all over the world from Courtyards to Ritz Carlton's and this hotel is by far one of the best yet! The staff thru out the hotel are very professional, friendly and knowledgable! I left the hotel with feeling that not only was I leaving 5 Star treatment behind but also a my new found family! From the time our Mercedes S550 (courtesy of JW Marriott Marquis) arrived at the hotel entrance, we were greeted by a Host which greeted us by our name. Checking in was a breeze as everyone was expecting us! We were given a brief tour of the hotel facilities and our room along with the state of the art security and lighting system. Rooms are very spacious along with all possible amenities one could possibly need! There was nothing that you could have possibly been in need of that hotel! Our concierge Mr Sajeed is not one of the best but THE BEST CONCIERGE EVER!!! On his day off, the man called the hotel to make sure that we were ok and did not need anything as if we did to have the hotel contact him, now that is service at its best! His service along with Kylen (mixologist) @ the Vault Bar on Floor 71 and Mesrob (Prime 68 manager) restaurant on floor 68, influenced me not only to return within a month of my visit but to stay at no other hotel in Dubai other than the JW Marriott Marquis! Location is ideal, less than five minutes away from the Dubai Mall and the Emirates Mall with a hotel shuttle running every 15 minutes. The only negative thing I can say about this hotel is, compared to the service, the lobby, the rooms and the restaurants, the pool and pool area is somewhat too basic! For a five star hotel, I think the ambiance and decor on the pool deck needs a major upgrade! Just doesn't fit in @ the worlds tallest hotel! Other than that, see ya soon JW Dubai!!!

Highly recommended!

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
It is a pleasure to read your fabulous review of our hotel and we are pleased that our whole team met and exceeded your service expectations. Your kind comments about Sajeed will be shared with him to recognize his efforts. We look forward to welcome you again soon.
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

We had a great two night stay at this property in Executive Level rooms after being upgraded with Marriott status. Everything was beautiful, new and squeaky clean. It all even smells new! We were on the 57th floor and really didn't have any long waits for elevators - perhaps we were just lucky. The food in the Executive lounge, which takes up the entire 37th floor, was wonderful and had a great variety (during scheduled presentation times) as well as being open 24/7. Service was wonderful every where we went with perhaps the exception of the shuttle driver - the hotel provides complimentary shuttle service to the Dubai Mall and the Mall of the Emirates although the shuttle to and from the airport is for a fee.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to JW Marriott Marquis Dubai? Share your experiences!