“Not yet on the level of a 5 Star Hotel” 2 of 5 stars
Review of JW Marriott Marquis Dubai

Save Saved
You added JW Marriott Marquis Dubai to your Saves list
JW Marriott Marquis Dubai
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Sheikh Zayed Road | Business Bay, Dubai 121000, United Arab Emirates   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Now Summer Offer
Ranked #53 of 474 hotels in Dubai
Chaweng, Thailand
“Not yet on the level of a 5 Star Hotel”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

The Hotel is new therefore the hardware is very good. However the service is poor and rude. Check in, I gave Front Desk clerk passport, business and membership card on all he could clearly see my name but on the end he still checked me in under the wrong name form a totally different race and he did not even apologize. I had to remind him to make the changes. I asked for non smoking but was put into smoking even after I told the clerk I do not care if I stay in king or double bed as long as it is non smoking.
Fitness Center it took me 30 mins to get attention from the 2 staff working at the GYM since my machine did not work proper. Pool very small and not inviting to remain there.
The Sky Bar "Vault" very disappointing and cold with poor service.
Nevertheless the breakfast is very good with a large selection of food items from all over the world and again service needs be improved we always had to ask to get the coffee served.
WIFI is very expensive in the Hotel.
For my next trip I would not stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
DXBJW, Guest Relations Manager at JW Marriott Marquis Dubai, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
Thank you for your candid feedback. We sincerely regret the service inconsistencies you experienced throughout the hotel. Please know that we have reviewed your feedback with the appropriate management teams so that these concerns can be addressed. We hope you can accept our sincere apology.

835 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (254)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Rooms, amenities, services, restaurants are excellent.
Spacious bathrooms. One of the two towers that comprise the hotel is open. Superb staff. Great breakfast buffet. The surrounding area is literally under contruction. As no doubt figured into the Marriott strategy, when the Business Bay development is complete, the Marquis will be ideally positioned to cater to the national and international business communities.

Room Tip: High floors, naturally, offer expansive views of the Dubai skyline.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your wonderful comments and we are proud of our associates who helped to create the 5* experience our guests have come to expect from a JW Marriott hotel and most certainly deserve. Thank you and we hope to have an opportunity to welcome you again soon!
Wirral
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

I stayed here by accident as the hotel I was booked into had an issue with the AC in its Business Meeting rooms.....what a result!

I must admit I had never heard of The Marquis but what a find, typical Dubai welcome as you arrive by taxi, great genuine smiles and personally escorted to check in. No drama, less than 10 minutes and i was queing for a lift..actually i waited a while bur felt my ears pop shooting up to the 48th floor. Fabulous room, huge bed, with everything to play with including an ipad type control for lights which had a flat battery because it was knocked out of its wall socket charger, no real drama but once plugged in It worked fine, i sometimes wish for a light switch though

Mega bathroom, tons of room, fabulous shower and rich towels, although I was on business I would definately return with my wife. Breakfast was something else, Kitchen 6 means 6 different food stations, i defy anyone to check there way round them all, great staff and tons of choice (and food)

Really great location just off SZR and less than 10 minutes by taxi to Dubai Mall and Burj Khalifa and not too far for the airport

So glad I found the JW Marriott Marquis, looking forward to next time.

Room Tip: the higher the floor, better the view...try it!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your great comments and we are so pleased that we had an opportunity to have you as our guest. We look forward to your next visit!
Mechelen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

After reading the reviews I had mixed feelings about booking this hotel. As a frequent business traveller I have a lot of experience staying at Marriotts (all types) and as a gold member, I do have access to the lounge... so decided to stay here anyway, despite some of the negative reviews. This time, we were on holiday - we stayed 6 nights and had the most amazing time!

When we arrived, we got an upgrade to a suites (5414) - which was amazing. We arrived at 5.30 am and the staff was very accomodating towards us and were extremely friendly the whole time we were there. The lounge access was a big plus... breakfast was amazing, snacks in the afternoon, happy hour from 6.30 - 9... everynight one of their restaurants would prepare the snacks during happy hour that night. There was soo much choice, that we even 2 didn't go out anymore for dinner!
The swimming pool area was lovely...ok, I agree that this is low season and tower B is not yet open... so enough space now... and potentially it may get very crowded there once tower B also opens... but the area itself was very nice... nice view of the burj Khalifa & Burj Al Arab, quite area (not sure why everybody refers to the noice from works around the building, in the 6 days we didn't hear anything!)... ok, it could use more lawnchairs, as we had to settle onto the grass all the time, but still... this is not a holiday resort, it's in the first place a business hotel, so it didn't really bother me that much.

The interior of the hotel is simply one of the most beautifull Marriotts I've ever been in! Taxi's to wherever in Dubai are around 30 - 60 dirham from the hotel, also returning was not an issue, all taxi drivers knew where to find the hotel. And there's a metro station ( Business Bay) at 5 min. walk from the hotel.

Maybe one slight negative comment from our side: housekeeping. I don't think I've ever seen housekeeping doing such a bad job as at this Marriott. Honestly, making the bed is not that difficult... and not one single night did they make the bed properly. Also other smaller things about housekeeping annoyed us like: paper towel box was left empty for days, dirty napkin from room service was left on counter for days etc... So this is def. an area of improvement.

As for the "dirty windows"... indeed, my first comment in the room was also the dirt of the window... but let's face it, dubai is still a big desert, so it's impossible to have clean windows all the time. At least 2 mornings when we were there, there were people busy cleaning the windows, so I guess this is simply something you need to accept being in the middle of all that sand...

For the rest: this marriott got a big thumbs up from us!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
We are so pleased that you had chose to stay with us and that you were able to experience all that the JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai has to offer both business and leisure guests. We hope to welcome you again soon!
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Just a quick update now that I've left the hotel.

The bathroom! No powerpoint for a hair dryer??? WT? I looked everywhere! How can there be a bathroom with now powerpoint for a hairdryer. Nice big huge mirror - tick. That's where I like to dry my hair!

Maybe it's hidden? Looked under the counter top! No, nothing!

I asked the room attendant. He told me a funny story about Marriott hotels not having power points in bathrooms any more since some accident some time back? Now, what's really wrong with that story is that THERE IS AN OUTLET FOR AN ELECTRIC SHAVER IN THERE! Have they not heard of kill switches, if there was an accident?

Also the lighting above the mirror is terrible for someone trying to apply makeup - so much shadowing. I ended up having to take my mirror to the window to see my face with makeup on it.

Other than this issue which affected me every day of my 28 night stay - everything else was good.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your candid feedback. Unfortunately, it is not common practice in the UAE to have powerplugs installed in bathrooms (both in hotels and private homes), and we sincerely regret the inconvenience this caused during your stay. We hope that this does not prevent you from visiting our hotel again in the future.
Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

I was advised by a friend to check it out. Being the HIGHEST hotel in the world was exciting enough for me :) I stayed for two nights on May.

Checking in was smooth and easy. Mr Emre in Front Desk was kind enough to take me in a little tour around hotel public parts and restaurants. Front desk manager was kind enough to grant me an access to the Executive Lounge on 37th floor too.

I got to room 6405 which has a great view on Surrounding area and the blue Gulf in background. The room was spacious with the usual Tech gadgets and a room control tablet.

I didn't have the time to explore all 10 restaurants in hotel, yet I would recommend “La Farine” which is a 24 hrs French Restaurant for a taste of the Riviera , or a relaxing evening moments in the Aqua Poolside Bar. You may want to stop by “Kork” for a soothing glass of wine.

Hotel offers a Shuttle to Dubai Mall & Emirates Mall nearby every 20 minutes. I've enjoyed the comfy shuttle ride back and forth.

Friendly staff .. JW Marriott brand .. plus location. All these points will take me back to the highest hotel in Dubai. Hope it will stay high in service too.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your great review and we hope that on your next visit you are able to enjoy many more of our featured restuarants, such as Rang Mahal by Chef Atul Kochhar or Prime 68 Steakhouse.
Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I recently stayed at the Marriott Marquis in Dubai. The hotel is excellent. However there is nothing around the hotel except for more construction sites. One has to take a taxi to get around. The metro station is a 15-20 min walk away. This is fine in winter but not recommended in summer. The breakfast was excellent with a wide variety of food to choose from. Staff are friendly.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your feedback. For future visits, we invite you to enjoy our complimentary shuttle service that allows you to comfortably explore some of Dubai's most popular destinations.

Been to JW Marriott Marquis Dubai? Share your experiences!